I REALLY DON’T GET IT…

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Which ones? I started in this business with Adler & Sons back in 1982. In the Detroit area we represented J.C. Penney as their cleaning department.
Sears, Eaton's, Woodward's. Adler and son's had the Bay and Eaton's. They were terrible to work for. Woodward's was the best as well as the highest priced. Woodward's was a western Canada department store.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
No kidding, that's why I left.
Here, Adler and Son's was mainly a portable operation. The cleaners were subcontractors who had to purchase their supplies from Adler and Son's. I think the commission was 35%. Imagine paying full price for Scotchgard but only receiving 35%? No wonder cleaners often just sprayed water. Who would know the difference?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sold the power washer today for $1600. Used the Sprayborg on an apartment building job today to test it out and it works flawlessly. Newer that the one I have so I will sell my older one. Van needed a new starter motor and ignition switch, maybe some new tires but runs great. Both portables may need a little work but great vacuum on both. Put the dirt dragon up for sale along with the 2 -5 gallon pails of product. Looking forward to playing with the ETM and seeing what it can do but will probably sell it too.

Name
Nate W.
I started high when I listed my old van and machine for sale. Regardless of how low I dropped the price, nobody could afford what I was asking. They were low balling me. I finally sold it to my competitor for 15k.

Keith would say you could eat off the floor and your equipment.. You take great care of your equipment.. :cool:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Here, Adler and Son's was mainly a portable operation.
We had Butlers here as well as portables. If I remember correctly the guys that used the Butler(s) were paid a lower percentage than the portable guys. At our busiest we only had 3 crews.

Michael Adler, one of the owners, was in charge of our advertising and he came up with the brilliant idea to run a one room for $19.95 special (around 1985). It was amazing how many people wanted just that one room cleaned for that price. Send someone out with 6-7 jobs and they might bring back $250. It was a terrible idea but all they looked at was how many jobs we booked.

Mikey P

Administrator
We had Butlers here as well as portables. If I remember correctly the guys that used the Butler(s) were paid a lower percentage than the portable guys. At our busiest we only had 3 crews.

Michael Adler, one of the owners, was in charge of our advertising and he came up with the brilliant idea to run a one room for $19.95 special (around 1985). It was amazing how many people wanted just that one room cleaned for that price. Send someone out with 6-7 jobs and they might bring back $250. It was a terrible idea but all they looked at was how many jobs we booked.
how coitish of him

Reactions: Brian H

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The problem is guys who actually believe people offer $99 carpet cleaning specials. That's just the foot in the door. Now you have to do your job and sell, sell, sell. That's how they make their money. Those guys walk away with more money than us poor slobs who want to be paid what we're worth.
Word, available services pre conditioning.

Other then the prices aren't bad with sq ft limit

PXL_20230629_015525465.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Even with a lower coupon leader we always had a $75 job avg cough cough.

5 stops $375 42% sub contractor $157.50 commission $945 if you worked 6 days a week.

Still a ruff way to make a living for sure.

Unless you were making $7.00 an hour as a fry cook than it looked great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom