I want a new van.......but......what about the tm?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have an 05 chevy express.....great condition.....but I want a new van.... so is it worth it to take my tm out and put it in a brand new van??? Seems odd to put a 3 year old tm in a new van??
Any thoughts??
I'm really feeling the new ford van with navigation.....and bluetooth.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
joeynbgky said:
I have an 05 chevy express.....great condition.....but I want a new van.... so is it worth it to take my tm out and put it in a brand new van??? Seems odd to put a 3 year old tm in a new van??
Any thoughts??
I'm really feeling the new ford van with navigation.....and bluetooth.

I hear you. I’m not sure if I should wear pants or shorts today :roll: .

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why not? 3-years old unless you put some high hours on it should be fine.

We just put a low hour 2500 8-year old Performer into our brand new Chevy Box truck. Had the unit gone over by the local distributor and changed all belts and hoses that needed it before the new install.

I wanted a new TM but Dan wouldn't let be buy one when this unit had such low hours. thathurts He was right though we should be good with this one for years.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
why get rid of the van? 05 isn't that old. Many people in service type business's have a simple formula. When the cost of repairs and downtime exceed the payment on a new van then they buy new. As far as the truckmount. 3 years is not that much time. Is it really worth the expense of buying a new one just because? Spend some money and do preventive maintenance. Replace belts hoses and any other type of wear item and get back to making money. Just my opinion, I don't know what your van looks like or the type and condition of your machine.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Joey-

It never ceases to amaze me when carpet cleaners have purchased several truckmounts over the years.

I have put my original truckmount in 3 different vans, and it works as well as a brand new one, even though it has over 20,000 hours on it.

Is there something wrong with your '05 van?

Then keep it too and save yourself some time and money.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I just don't won't to be portrayed as a trashy company. I see company's with brand new tms in old junky vans with loud mufflers........image is everything... my van looks good....but a new one should be coming soon. Its just how a business should operate. Tm has 2200 hours on it.. why so many haters???

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'd keep the 05 van and the 3 year old TM and buy a brand new Harley instead.

Or, go to vegas and put 60k on red.

Name
Nate W.
joeynbgky said:
I just don't won't to be portrayed as a trashy company. I see company's with brand new tms in old junky vans with loud mufflers........image is everything... my van looks good....but a new one should be coming soon. Its just how a business should operate. Tm has 2200 hours on it.. why so many haters???

No hating here... It's your business, do what you think... Like Bob Savage said, don't always expect affirmation... If I always worried about what others think, I wouldn't leave the house... Keep your stuff maintained, clean, and it'll last you a long time...

Magic One

Joey is the smart one. He's driving a new van and getting a tax write off. O, the $800+ is for dist to install maybe more.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Magic One said:
Joey is the smart one. He's driving a new van and getting a tax write off. O, the $800+ is for dist to install maybe more.
A tax write-off depends on so many factors that we don't know anything about.

Only Joey's CPA knows what Joey can take advantage of as a write-off.

mcatt

Name
Mike
joeynbgky said:

Man that's about 2 years of use on the TM. Typical 1000hrs a year assumed? My van is a 2006 and is perfect with 60,000 on it. I just keep it clean, fix any dents, I have painted the TM shroud and everything looks great and presentable. Save the money buddy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Joey
If you actually the one in driving the van day in and day out I'd go for the new van. A 7-year old van isn't going to handle as nice or feel as good as new. However unless the TM is having issues 2000 hours hours isn't anything, but then I'm used to a liquid cooled TM.

I'd get the new truck and install the used TM, you can always switch the TM out later as the hours begin to get up there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom