I want a new wand

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am not looking to save money. I think I have some very good and fairly expnsive tools in my arsenal. I just want a new wand. So a savings vs quality isn't doing it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Matt Murdock said:
I am not looking to save money. I think I have some very good and fairly expnsive tools in my arsenal. I just want a new wand. So a savings vs quality isn't doing it

if you like that POS BlueLine wand, I s'pect you'd love a Ti.
It's lighter, AND more durable.
(at least our original Ti is)

It's not a polished wand though.
It has a brushed satin finish...not shinny

dude, slot glide...
you don't "feel" foam in the hoses..
clean the wax out of your cauliflower ears and you'll "hear" the loss of air flow through a slot.
and for that matter, even your sausage fingers should feel the lose of vac with a slot glide

My bet is, you'll like the Ti.
You can also notch the end so glide changes are quick and easy.
Go from hole, slot, hybrid to naked in seconds

regardless, you should still demo "in the real world" any wand(s) you're considering

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
Matt Murdock said:

if you like that POS BlueLine wand, I s'pect you'd love a Ti.
It's lighter, AND more durable.
(at least our original Ti is)

It's not a polished wand though.
It has a brushed satin finish...not shinny

dude, slot glide...
you don't "feel" foam in the hoses..
clean the wax out of your cauliflower ears and you'll "hear" the loss of air flow through a slot.
and for that matter, even your sausage fingers should feel the lose of vac with a slot glide

My bet is, you'll like the Ti.
You can also notch the end so glide changes are quick and easy.
Go from hole, slot, hybrid to naked in seconds

regardless, you should still demo "in the real world" any wand(s) you're considering

..L.T.A.

What do you mean by notching the end?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you don't "feel" foam in the hoses
I don't know how close you listen to your kitten but I can tell any differential. The ti wand seems to be the winner at this point

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:

There have been some pics of it here.
Maybe tomorrow I'll take a pic of mine if none show up.

anyway, it's a semi circle notch you cut into the wand wing.
I used the glide to scribe the profile, then a dremel to cut a "V" and finish the rounded profile w/4" angle grinder and edge cutting fiber wheel

it allows the glide to slide off the end

If I take pics tomorrow, I'll show in detail what needs to be done.
Cause there's also a 1/8" of inside wand lip on the very end that needs tapered .
Other wise, it can shave teflon when sliding the glide on.

It's no biggie and piece of cake to do with a hacksaw and 4" angle grinder.
Minimal skill, some caution and attention to detail is all that's required for a good fit

..L.T.A.

I have the GH 14" wand and I absolutely love it with the hybrid glide....I used to work at an ILS store and I have had the oportunity to use many wands and rotary extractors. I believe that my GH out cleans the RX20 which I used for 5 years and never thought that a wand would out clean an RX. Still amazes me to this day. I also had Greenie put an extension on my GH so that it was longer cause I'm taller. (I think it was an additional $20 and it was well worth it) I'm thinking about getting a GH lite for my techs who are much shorter then me. I love the GH stair tool as well, its a 2" tool and I really like having great suction for the stairs which tend to be the dirtiest part of the whole house.

I have nothing but great things to say about the GH and it cleans soooooo easy I rarely have to scrape gum now 9 out of 10 times it comes right up with just the GH.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Matt Murdock said:
you don't "feel" foam in the hoses
I don't know how close you listen to your kitten but I can tell any differential.

dude, I can tell the difference from a popcorn kernel or a cover plate screw stuck in the slot by sound.... :wink:

fookin ROOKIES

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
danielc said:

There have been some pics of it here.
Maybe tomorrow I'll take a pic of mine if none show up.

anyway, it's a semi circle notch you cut into the wand wing.
I used the glide to scribe the profile, then a dremel to cut a "V" and finish the rounded profile w/4" angle grinder and edge cutting fiber wheel

it allows the glide to slide off the end

If I take pics tomorrow, I'll show in detail what needs to be done.
Cause there's also a 1/8" of inside wand lip on the very end that needs tapered .
Other wise, it can shave teflon when sliding the glide on.

It's no biggie and piece of cake to do with a hacksaw and 4" angle grinder.
Minimal skill, some caution and attention to detail is all that's required for a good fit

..L.T.A.

Ok I know what you are talking about now. Lisa sent a picture of a TI wand with a noth in the spray guard. The glide came with a tool to clean out the holes and a dogtag. I assumed it was like a business card. Is it?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I can't find any info on the GH wands. Are they on truckmountdirrect? Didn't see it on there.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
Ok I know what you are talking about now. Lisa sent a picture of a TI wand with a noth in the spray guard. The glide came with a tool to clean out the holes and a dogtag. I assumed it was like a business card. Is it?

yea, those dog tags with hole pokers are a pretty cool trinket/tool.

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Money no issue I would go with the TI and a slot glide.. I have a hybrid(factory 2nd) also but it doesn't seem to fit right, I think I'm going to boil the hell out of it then c clamp it to my wand and see if it fits better. I had a nasty today on 47th and crackhead(I thought I might die today) so excuse the nasty looking wand but here is the notch.

040.jpg

tmdry said:
I can't find any info on the GH wands. Are they on truckmountdirrect? Didn't see it on there.
I don't think he has pics posted cause he doesn't want his competitors to be able to steal his design. If your interested pm greenie or John Olsen and I'm sure they could email you pics.

Greenie

It's already been copied...just not very well, and the devil is in the details...like all things Green.

Here ya go, sans glide for clarity:

GH06.jpg

GH02.jpg

GH09.jpg

GH08.jpg

GH03.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That is the exact same wand I have on the other truck except it has 4 jets

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Matt Murdock said:
That is the exact same wand I have on the other truck except it has 4 jets

yep
cause it's a pimped CMP wand
If you like your POS BlueLine wand (a CMP) I'd expect you'll love a GH

a big baller like you though can afford a Ti

so demo both

..L.T.A.

R

Rafa L

Sticky said:
tmdry said:
I don't think he has pics posted cause he doesn't want his competitors to be able to steal his design. If your interested pm greenie or John Olsen and I'm sure they could email you pics.

your kidding right?

cut the metal solution line off, insert a rubber hose in it's place......replace the manifold with a shiny 5 jetter....and as Emerald Lacasse would say.....BAMMO.....$800
Now you do the math $200 for the wand, $5 for the hose? Manifold $150 at best........oh and a little turtle wax and polish and BAMMO......it might be even less then this
Now before you boys go nutty on me, I mean anyone is entitled to a profit, that's a good thing I'm all for that, but taking lollipops from carpet cleaning suckers should be investigated by Charles Rangel and the Ways and Means Committee.

Take Care

Greenie

Not to take away from Raf's constructive input, but there are a DOZEN differences that make a Greenhorn a Greenhorn.

Don't make me unleash Olson on your sorry ass, he'll give a detailed accounting of your "$5 hose".

The little things count, so use your head Raf.

And just for the record, the Blueline wand is $700 as is with no glide....So Greg you already have a $700 wand.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL Greenie. Don't we wish we could get the hose for $5. I think the knucklehead missed the check valves, SS Male QD, In Line Filter, 11002 Jets, Soft Touch Valve (I use the SS) plus whatever piece of Teflon that want on the end. I would be happy to sell all the parts to anyone that wants to build one.

Stock Wand no hardware $359
SS Soft Touch $52.99
Inline FIlter $10.93
Solution Line $36.85
SS Male $14.99
11002's $56.16
Check Valves $53.94
Manifold $125
Teflon $189.99
So total with no Labor is $899.85

So tell me do you want to order the parts or just buy one for $900 delivered? I have 3 ready to go and I am sure Greenie has some ready to go as well.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I paid about $700 for the blue line about $640 for the CMP
My 10inch was about $240-300 can't remember
and the prochem wands came with the machines

G

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greg;

I went to Connections and tried several of the the 14" wands:

1. Legends Blue 96-jet

2. Bentley w/Swivel

3. Bentley wo/Swivel

4. Titanium

After trying all four of them, I am bringing in the two Bentley's.

The carbon fiber tube really cuts down on the weight,
and I think the cast head vac chamber cleaned very well.

When I receive them, I will compare the Bentley against our CMP 4 Angle-Jet; Soft-Touch valve wand.

I will adjust the angle slightly on the Bentleys.

Larry

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
We are putting the Bentley swivel through a test as we speak, so far it clean pretty

We will report back on how well it holds up

Pretty impressive so far

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom