Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
run just over 350 feet of hose....

P1010545.jpg

so you can flush out a ton of sand...

P1010550.jpg

P1010549.jpg

you better have your pods primed and ready...

P1010547.jpg

S

sam miller

Thats along hose run do You ever go 4 for the first 100 2.5 for the next then the last 150 2?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sam miller said:
Thats along hose run do You ever go 4 for the first 100 2.5 for the next then the last 150 2?

it is one of the longer ones that I do..this is a 3 day job....I run about 75 feet of 2.5 and then the rest is 2 inch.......

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
We sometimes forget that most customers don't have a clue of how we go about cleaning carpet. We really need to explain the process to more people.

Able 1

Name
Keith
KevinL said:
We sometimes forget that most customers don't have a clue of how we go about cleaning carpet. We really need to explain the process to more people.

Really? I find most people have NO interest in the PROCESS at ALL!! Hell, Mardie is still cleaning.. I've seen Jimmy naked

When ever I try to explain stuff (after talking small talk about:The pets,weather ect. ect.) they all look at me with a blank gaze like ok, that's cool now just clean and GTFO.. BUT if I don't talk about cleaning, cause they really dgas as long as it's clean they really open up and feel comfortable.. I run into about a 8% of my jobs that the custy is really interested, but it's easy to tell the difference.

All it really is, is doing a great job and not making your custy's feel uncomfortable.

Fred H

those dry pods are cute and small and only move 750 cfm and cost how much? 159 - 179 plus shipping?
after seeing them I went online and found downdraft drying that moves 3600 cfm for 239 plus shipping. granted it is a demo unit but it looks new and dries like nobody's business. what brand? what website ? my secret.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jimbo said:
They seemed overly concerned about overspray, Jim!

computers under some...not sure about most the other stuff...12 class rooms and 2 long halls in that building... and every room has most the stuff covered....they do that every year.....but they will leave the PC's on the floor...??

Mike Draper

Really? I find most people have NO interest in the PROCESS at ALL!! Hell, Mardie is still cleaning.. I've seen Jimmy naked

When ever I try to explain stuff (after talking small talk about:The pets,weather ect. ect.) they all look at me with a blank gaze like ok, that's cool now just clean and GTFO.. BUT if I don't talk about cleaning, cause they really dgas as long as it's clean they really open up and feel comfortable.. I run into about a 8% of my jobs that the custy is really interested, but it's easy to tell the difference.

All it really is, is doing a great job and not making your custy's feel uncomfortable.

My thoughts exactly.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Able 1 said:
KevinL said:

I agree.
Though I have to admit Keith, I am impressed with that precise 8% figure.
Mostly, by the end of the day I feel lucky if I remember my name, let alone remember or calculate these precise percentages. eat yor heart out Werner

Keep on the good work.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Juice said:
P1010545.jpg

Nice setup Jim. I figure one is a water supply hose but what is the other of the four hose reels? Also whose filter box is that?

Thanks

orange on left is water supply...
the blue one sitting in the back ground under the vacuum reel is the APO hose...I have it on a live reel..
the empty blue one is a solution line..
and the one that hangs on the top right of the vacuum reel is another solution line....

blueline filter box cut to a 2.5 opening....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
its a cheap little reel...I bought 2 of them a long time ago for some brain storm I had and then ended up tossing them in the shop and forgot all about them...makes a good live reel for the APO..much easier to deal with...

IMG_5327.jpg

the water and the solution line under the vacuum hose reel were there...
I added the second solution line.....

IMG_5326.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Able 1":23x1jg2p]
KevinL said:

I agree.
Though I have to admit Keith, I am impressed with that precise 8% figure.
Mostly, by the end of the day I feel lucky if I remember my name, let alone remember or calculate these precise percentages. eat yor heart out Werner

Keep on the good work.[/quote:23x1jg2p]

:lol: To be be more precise I think it's more like 7.5% eat shit! I know it's more then 5 per hundred but less then ten just a guess though.. !dork!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think it is less then 7.5%...for the for-most they really don't care....they just want clean carpets and they want them to dry fast.........and they really could care a less how you do it...( until you screw something up )...out of all the jobs I do ..this one is really the only one who pays attention...and the only reason that they do is because they are having issues with there cleaning company not vacuuming the way they should...so he has me save the filter bags so he can see how much I am pulling out....

these bags came out of 12 class rooms and 2 halls..nothing but pure dirt and sand...but it was not as bad as it was last time...I had double that....

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

P1010546.jpg

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Able 1 said:
KevinL said:

Ya i am still cleaning and funny you should mention that. I just picked up another medical clinic today from a referral from one of my hospitals. Producing amazing result's is so rewarding.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Alright A holes. I'm not talking about details. Just let new customers know that we don't drag in a portable machine that we have to fill and drain. We only bring in hoses and a wand so we need to park as close as possible. And all the dirt is getting sucked out to the truck. Just the basics so they know what to expect. Now back to our regular scheduled harassing.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
KevinL said:
Alright A holes. I'm not talking about details. Just let new customers know that we don't drag in a portable machine that we have to fill and drain. We only bring in hoses and a wand so we need to park as close as possible. And all the dirt is getting sucked out to the truck. Just the basics so they know what to expect. Now back to our regular scheduled harassing.
Do you really think that your customer will be impressed when you tell them that you are going to turn their home or business into what look's like a construction zone that has trip hazards, security issues, inaccessibility issues for seniors and the disabled,loud noise from the truck and the truck blocking entrance ways and who know's what else is a good thing? Do you think that the client likes the fact that they have to organize the job site and warn people before you show up to do the job. Do you really think that the client cares weather the dirt is dumped down a toilet or goes to the truck? The client just want's their carpet cleaned in the most timely manner with the less headaches possible.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you really think that the client cares weather the dirt is dumped down a toilet or goes to the truck?
Yes they do, we get prospective clients asking when they call in if we will dump something down their toilet.

In fact we've even been accused of causing a problem with their sewer system when they assumed we dumped in their toilet. KMA! It's a risk, anytime there is a problem with their toilet they are going to blame you if they know you dumped in there.

As far as a TM vs a portable, it maybe different where you are from, but around here it's assumed that most cleaners are going to use a TM. And for good reason after all a portable is just little bit bigger than a Rug Doctor which they can rent. I've seen Jimmy naked

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yes, customers don't want you to be using their toilet where they sit and take care of business!

They rather have the knowledge of the dirt exiting than some guy going back and forth and dumping dirty water in their toilet or sink.

Mardie you still sound like you really don't know WTF you talking about...you still assume a lot of things about professionals that do it right. (Like assuming its going to wick every time)

Dude- again: just because you are 52 years old or whatever, it doesn't mean that you know better. I have a guy around here that is cleaning for like 40years and is still believing the same old crap about steam cleaners (yes he is a von schrader hack) even though they themselves called to go clean a job after THEIR customer wasn't happy with THEIR end results. Yes I went thru a bunch of defoamer while rinsing their foam out.

Let me refresh your memory: I said it before, I have cleaned day in day out for 3 years with von schraders so I know wtf I'm talking about when I compare us. In other words, I have a lot more experience with what you do, than your experience, with what a lot of us pros do.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Years ago, 1981 to be exact, I paid to have a septic tank pumped for a customer (not really our fault) after cleaning his carpets. NEVER never discharged down a customer's drain again.

Becker

Name
Becker
Lee Stockwell said:
Years ago, 1981 to be exact, I paid to have a septic tank pumped for a customer (not really our fault) after cleaning his carpets. NEVER never discharged down a customer's drain again.
Sometimes ya just can't hold it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom