If You Had $5-6000 To Spend On An Encap System...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
What would you buy........say a Cimex and a pad machine, or a 175, or a cylindrical brush machine? I would think you would need a Cimex-type unit, along with a machine you could pad with.

What would you buy, and what encap solution?? What would offer a cleaner the most options for selling encap maintenance to building managers?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mikey P said:
Cimex, a 175 with lots of cotton pads and what ever pixie juice smells the best to your schnoz

So you're saying a 175 with good pads would be better than a pad unit? I have a Conqueror, but it has fallen into disrepair, and is ugly now. It did work well when I first got it.

I have a procaps machine, but it never really performed.

Deluxe

We run just a cimex for our commercial encap routes but found that using the shower feed was way too much soloution output. The guys are now prespraying encapsulant and mowing it down with the champange pads. Sweetness!

We used to run terrypads on a 175 but I never really felt like we could move fast enough to keep the margin where it needs to be for an effective bid.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont like OP machines.

the vibration, the rattling apart, the bad drivers that never seem to work with the pads you have on hand

cimex and post 175 pad.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
champange pads? can i use a 20" one on my 175 and get good results?

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
Cimex with big boy wheel kit
ReleaseIt DS (haven't tried the DS2 yet)
small commercial vacuum
wide track commercial vacuum

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know a cleaner that sold his Cimex and went back to a two speed 175 and he is much happier.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd buy used machines, a used Cimex for $1500.00-$2000.00 and an Orbot or one of John's wheels down machines. Wheels down on an OP machine takes away all the fatigue, yet you still get good cleaning.

My experience is the OP machines are a little more fickle than a Cimex but there are times it is the better choice for speed in drying and visually showing where the soil went.

Chems, Snake oil, Hotknife and Releasit are our main products but Vacaway has several other that work pretty good along with some greatr spotters.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Deluxe said:
BTW... what dont you like about the procaps machine?

It works well as a prescrub tool, but as for encapping.......not enough umphffff! I don't think it's heavy enough.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I do like my Orbot...easy to use, no fatique, looks greats and all that.

I would seriously consider the Trinity....Expensive, but if it works like everyone who's used it says it works then you don't need a cimex OR 2 machines.

I've seen videos and will be trying it out at the end of January in Dallas...I'll make my decision then.

It's got 3 speeds, the pad driver seems to be the "righ one" for the job and with the Microfiber Pads with the scrub strip....Could be a winning combo.

It's $4000 or so for the machine....So it needs to be worth it.

Although I heard the Orbot is now priced at about $3300 or so now.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
16 inch hoover conquest and a 300 rpm buffer
And "ANY" encap/shampoo, bonnet cleaning chem that smells good.

Encapugard from bridgepoint smells good.

And isn't $40 a gallon.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Cimex or Trinity would be my first choice if I were strictly going to use the machine for commercial. I am leaning towards the Trinity, even though I would have to buy it from PadPrick and it is grosely overpriced. I like using pads instead of grinding the soild into the carpet with the sandpapermex.

If I wanted to do some residential with it too, then a good wheels down OP machine is the way to go. Even though only idiots clean residential with low moisture systems.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
what about a CRB machine? no pads to clean. machine lays down encap and brushes it in and removes the soiled encap. i have a portascrub i have used it on commercial jobs but i dont like the idea of the brushes maybe grabing on to a loose loop and i can only imagine the mess lol.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Brian call my kid man. i know you prob dont like painters as much as carpet cleaners but he still want to give you his biz lol. your making me look stupid oh sorry thats not that difficult as i do a good job of that myself.

Name
I'm Rick James
AJ RUIZ said:
what about a CRB machine? no pads to clean. machine lays down encap and brushes it in and removes the soiled encap. i have a portascrub i have used it on commercial jobs but i dont like the idea of the brushes maybe grabing on to a loose loop and i can only imagine the mess lol.

Ive used the Procap and Brush Pro and the Brush Pro is a better machine by far.

I prevac all jobs, then spray down the encap juice with a pump up sprayer, then go over it with the CRB and looks great. CRB doesnt work well on medium to heavily soiled carpets.

Fred H

has anybody tried following up with bonnets on their cimex after scrubbing with pads? seems like it would be easier for a one man crew than two machines.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Marty said:
Cimex or Trinity would be my first choice if I were strictly going to use the machine for commercial. I am leaning towards the Trinity, even though I would have to buy it from PadPrick and it is grosely overpriced. I like using pads instead of grinding the soild into the carpet with the sandpapermex.

If I wanted to do some residential with it too, then a good wheels down OP machine is the way to go. Even though only idiots clean residential with low moisture systems.

They have bonnet pads for the cimex.

We usually use the sandpaper pads on commercial and then follow up with bonnet pads.
The cimex is great for commercial, little too heavy for us on residential.

The cimex has a big water tank also that makes it alot faster in large areas.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah the cimex has a big tank that will go thru gallons of that $40 shampoo.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I have one of these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePlhR4YtWM&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL2DC166599126E95B it has a solution tank and i put my encap in it and spray as i go. i have this machine as well as several other low speed swing machines including a two speed 175 375 rpm. what i dont like about the bonnets is having to carry so many and cleaning them afterwards. the brushes on the crb expell spent product into a waste tray and brushes do not have to be removed for cleaning untill your done. what do you guys think, should i still look into the cimex? i will mention one concern is that once i did run into a loose run on a commercial carpet where those brushes pulled the run and it was a mess. lucky for me it was already an issue and it was fixed with an expected repair. does the cimex being as heavy as it is will be any issues with it damaging carpets that are loose or going over any seams that may not be glued down well?

Deluxe

I have'nt had any problems with the Cimex damaging carpets or seams. Door frames and jambs though... bang'n em up pretty easy if your not carefull.

What is a Wheels Down machine?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
My encap jobs have varied in size but I can say having rented a Cimex and used drivers and FibrePlus pads from Excellent supply that a 19" Cimex does a great job in wide open area. And, my 107lb 15" 175 with the same pad material does just as good a scrub job. Not as much sq/ft in the same amount of time but every bit of 1,500 sq/ft per hour and sometimes more. And I'm talking fairly hammered glue down.

Both of the above spritz some solution appox. 5-8" from the machine. I find the 175 swing machine works much better in close quarters like offices to machine a foamy path 8-10" away from baseboards and furnishings, blend that foam right back in with a dry pass and then blend further in right up to boards and furnishings without getting things wet. The Cimex is a serious pain to steer and achieve the same scrub pattern. I did a 22,000 sq/ft job this past year of close quarters office space and the Cimex drove me nuts. The 2nd day I parked in the van and ran my 175.

If I had wide open accounts (huge converence rooms, churches) I'd run a Cimex a majority of the time. Offices with cubicals, partitians, cluttered hallways I'd keep my 175 rotary any day. I have never ran a shaker machine with diapers and probably won't. My view is if I can scrub it and run I'm certainly not going to dirty up a bunch of shit I have to launder later. Laundering a stack of pads is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in this business.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
so you use FibrePlus pads on your 175 swing machine? run the encap thru your swing machine withFibrePlus pads then again with dry pad?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
no, I lay a wet foaming pass and them immediately swing back over with no triggering, I call it a dry pass when not triggering.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Trinity...Wheels down means the wheels are on the ground while cleaning...Makes it easier.

a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-E-l8l7hEUa]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
AJ RUIZ said:
Brian call my kid man. i know you prob dont like painters as much as carpet cleaners but he still want to give you his biz lol. your making me look stupid oh sorry thats not that difficult as i do a good job of that myself.

Send me his number again...Yes, I know....I suck. Phones take up a lot of time. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here's the earlier version of it when it was a "wheels up" machine. I didn't like it quite so much.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6covbf9AEp]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom