if you were buying a new (14"+) wand tomorrow..

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
What would you go for ? I cannot make my mind up lol

a swivel Bentley xl ?
a pmf ti 15" ?
a 16" evolution?
other?

Currently have a vinus and looking to add a new main wand. With the old tm used the prochem ti allot...just dont want to fork out that kinda cash for it up

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What would you go for ? I cannot make my mind up lol

a swivel Bentley xl ?
a pmf ti 15" ?
a 16" evolution?
other?

Currently have a vinus and looking to add a new main wand. With the old tm used the prochem ti allot...just dont want to fork out that kinda cash for it up

Prochem TI wands will be 10% off next week as will the PMF 15" and all other wands. Shipping is what is going to kill you and it wont matter if you buy cheap or expensive shipping will be brutal so you might as well buy a forever wand. Standard TI $1,203.867 Ergo $1,379.61 A PMF you Mach15R with the Teflon glides will run you $809 Is it worth the $400 savings? Well I sell 50 Prochem's to every one PMF. Not saying it is a bad wand but a known is better and safer and less costly then the unknown and you KNOW what your getting with the Prochem TI Wand. With that I sell a ton of PMF items and if there is a PMF wand you like better I can get it made for you in Titanium. You don't have to choose from what's out there. I have had the 702 16.5" made in TI and about to have them make the 703 Ergo Gun Jet in a TI. Just expect to pay the same if not more then the Mach15

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Hydro-Force 5 jet Titanium wand, ergonomic Soft grip valve, Teflon glide 15". Will got on auction here last week for a great price. Even full price of $1k is a good deal. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW79

That's interesting Scott. I didn't know that anyone had modified that wand so the jetting made sense. I never liked the 3 jet - big gap - 3jet. Thanks for posting about it.

Reactions: J Scott W

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dustin;

The main concern I have when looking a hi-performance wands is the . . .

JET SPACING !

All of the above manufacturers have had problems with it.

We like four jets equally spaced across the head.

I can't understand larger gaps between the two center jets (Ti & others).

We like the 14" Bentley with the brand new jet manifold.

The swivel advantage video at the bottom of this page shows how using this wand is more useful and easier:

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=1467

Larry

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
age7yje2.jpg

2008 Bentley , waiting for the upgrade!
Swivel still in excellent Condition does not leak air. Bought this one from Cobb but kind of heavy.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Still a horrible design.

way to get around that manifold mount location

More lipstick on a pig. I like the carbon fiber idea. Too bad the design isn't right. Wish they could scrap the current one totally and go back to the drawing board with cleaner proven designs. The bend on the bottom just isn't right and it sets up the manifold to be too close to the carpet IMHO. ( I guess they could make a really tall glide for it as a retrofit.)

Reactions: Mikey P

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
A Prochem Titanium (yes, it's worth the bucks) or a 5 jet CMP with a full 2" tube. The 5 jet has to be special ordered. The PMF ti is made from titanium sheetmetal, not cast like the Prochem. To save money (titanium is uber expensive) they used sheetmetal that is too thin IMHO and the wand has too much flex. Unless you run it over with the truck or use it without a glide, the PC ti will last your entire career, your kid's career and probably your grandkid's career. And you can always sell it online for a decent price.

When buying 3+ jet wands, always look at where the solution line enters the manifold, if it is directly behind a jet, avoid that wand. It will always streak.

take care,
Lisa

Reactions: EDS

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jeremy I offer those as well but he asked for the best not the only one you offer. Westpak offers a good low cost low value option. They last about 4-5 years so of your going to clean another 5 years then maybe if you and your kids are going to continue to clean a PC TI is not only the best but the best value because as Lisa said your children's s children will sill be using or they will be able to sell it for 75% of the original value no matter how old I is.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought a Westpak about a month ago. 2" tube with gun grip, 4 jets and soft touch valve. It's kind of heavy but very well made and I like it a lot. It was on sale for $350 and they shipped it free.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The answer is: Get the one that is most comfortable for prolonged use and that will be easiest on your wrists and hands, which (that is your hands/ wrists/ knees / back etc.) are the most valuable irreplaceable tools that you own.
Regardless of price!!!

Last edited:

Mike Draper

Over a lifetime career I bet you will make 1 million? 2- million? 3-million+ with your wand. That is if it doesn't wear out. A prochem TI wand will out last em all. It just makes business sense to purchase the correct one up front and be done with it. If you are in the private sector and this is for home use only with a portable I'd look to save some cash and buy a cheap wand because in that situation u really are saving money.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The answer is: Get the one that is most comfortable for prolonged use and that will be easiest on your wrists and hands, which (that is your hands/ wrists/ knees / back etc.) are the most valuable irreplaceable tools that you own.
Regardless of price!!!

Ding. ding, ding!! Too many cleaners have chronic problems from repetitive motion from having bad back, wrist and finger positioning. From my experience and testing. Proper positioning should have the cleaner standing up straight (Not slightly bent reaching for the grip) Wrists should be held and straight forward. (Not bent or crooked downward ) Fingers should be pionted straight ahead. Like when you reach out to shake someone's hand. (Not reaching down to the trigger.) All fingers should be on the trigger, Mid finger. (Not reaching around a 2" tube and only having a few finger tips on the trigger. ) Now: 1. stand up and try the "Nots" (the positioning you probably already use). Bend slightly, Bend your elbow 45 degrees, Point your wrists and fingers down to the ground, (While pointing your thumb forward. ) Now move your elbow back (Like doing a stroke) Does it feel a bit awkward? 2. Now thy the more natural way. Stand up straight. Reach out your hand forward (Like you are about to shake some ones hand) Now move your elbow back. Doesn't this way seem more natural.(Verses the "Not " way.) Can you feel the less strain on your wrist? Can you also, see how the natural way gives your stroke a larger range of motion? If I was in the market I would choose a wand that performs in the most natural way. (Most if not all wands don't)

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

Good comments.

That is why some cleaners like the swivel on the Bentley.

That is why we like certain new assist handles on wands.

Do you wand from both sides of the wand ?

What do you think of this type of 2" valve handle.

It is pretty close to your handshake orientation:

View attachment 2188

Larry

Back
Top Bottom