if you were buying a new (14"+) wand tomorrow..

Mike Draper

In other words, just buy a prochem ergo ti wand and be done with it. It's been tried and proven. No ongoing problem after problem with the design.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
In other words, just buy a prochem ergo ti wand and be done with it. It's been tried and proven. No ongoing problem after problem with the design.

The Ti wand (and Bentley)doesn't provide the positioning I described and still can cause chronic problems. (IMHO: It's ergo in name only) Wandhandecomparison_zpsff86c6b9.jpg

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The Ti wand (and Bentley)doesn't provide the positioning I described and still can cause chronic problems. (IMHO: It's ergo in name only) Wandhandecomparison_zpsff86c6b9.jpg

You have been talking about your revolutionary wand design for a couple of years...I even gave the TI wand I won on the auction back as a chance for Jimbo to buy it because you kept insisting on your new design coming out and for me to wait...because its gona be better and more ergo than the TI and Bentley.

So what's up?? I had the freaking TI Ergo for 900 bucks but gave up on it based on your info that you pm-ed.

I guess I should have just bought the TI Ergo.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
I didn't like the TI ergo at all.. I thought it was harder on my hands, and kind of awkward to me.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You have been talking about your revolutionary wand design for a couple of years...I even gave the TI wand I won on the auction back as a chance for Jimbo to buy it because you kept insisting on your new design coming out and for me to wait...because its gona be better and more ergo than the TI and Bentley.

So what's up?? I had the freaking TI Ergo for 900 bucks but gave up on it based on your info that you pm-ed.

I guess I should have just bought the TI Ergo.....

Lots of testing and mainly the manufacturer has been dragging their feet for such a small project. I just got the final prototype the other week. It's actually it's a retro fit valve kit to go on a 2" wand that has several improvements to make it more ergonomic that anything else available.There really isn't any wands that are really ergonomic ( Like said above they can hurt your hands.) Other wands don't use the natural movements of the body. I'm starting with the first run of 25. Working on website, order cart, videos etc.... Sorry for taking so long.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
so you are abusing the PM system to promote a product you aren't even selling yet?

hmmmm....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
so you are abusing the PM system to promote a product you aren't even selling yet?

hmmmm....
Probably just letting him know I was doing a lot of testing on the so called Ergo wands and I found out that they are not really ergo at all. They can cause chronic finger and joint problem and the I was working ona big improvement that improved my trigger finger and other problems I was having. I think it would help out a lot of the guys. For instance I bought a gun valve wand and my thumb joint became numb and wouldn't bend for several months. I couldn't see an other cleaner go through that.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
I couldn't see an other cleaner go through that.

Well I can't stand to let another cleaner pass up a sick ass deal on a great wand cause someone is abusing the PM system here to promote his product which is, at least at this point, vaporware.

Let me know when your product hits shelves...........

Last edited:
Reactions: EDS

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Never used the so called "ergo" wand (pressure gun handle) so my opinion is not based on use.
However, it seems obvious that a great deal of the pressure will be at the thumb joint, which I am sure will cause serious issues.

Addressing the ergo issues and the right solutions to it, can be a great contribution to cleaners well being. So anybody that does got my support and thanks.

Mike Draper

Been using the ergo ti wand for 4 years now, so I can't base my experience on some 1 day long test like others do. After 4 years of use i can say I've never noticed my thumb get sore or anything else from the use if this wand. Some folks shouldn't be cleaning carpet if their so sensitive to everyday work. There is not a better proven ergo wand on the market.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike, maybe you're just one of those lucky people that nothing seem to phase them. (People blessed with Mike Tyson wrists :winky:) Did you have issues when using the traditional wand?

Be interesting to hear from other people about the Ergo wand. I know of one person that used it and had issues with it and hand pains.
Be interesting to hear from others.

Last edited:

Mike Draper

Tom. The ergo ti wand is the Stanley steemer wand. Stanley had exclusive rights to it. Then released the rights about 4 years ago which opened it up to the free market.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
What you can't change is that everyone is different. Height, weight, strength, age, posture, stance, weak areas...I used a traditional wand with no glide for many, many years and my back, shoulders and hands were just fine, my elbows, however, were gone. Most likely the weakest link in my body. I never had a bit of trouble with a 2" tube for my hands. Ergo wands felt uncomfortable to me. But then again I never used one for more than an hour.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Has anybody tested the S S wand with a truckmount that has some real power? Wonder how that Y does down on the head of the wand

It was their answer to more consistent suction across the width of the wand. They had other wands without the wye. The dwell on that wand is SO narrow, it seems the wye and the 2" tube are superfluous. Made that way to make it easier to push and to accelerate the air speed.

I would love to take one and put a titanium or 14" CMP head on it and see how it performs. As it is stock, it suffers the same issues the old Castex wands had.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
ypequhyj.jpg

I am 62 years old And have been using my Bentley wand since 2008 and no problems whatsoever in my hands. I would however like to try the lighter carbon fiber wand. I also like food too much!!!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
ypequhyj.jpg

I am 62 years old And have been using my Bentley wand since 2008 and no problems whatsoever in my hands. I would however like to try the lighter carbon fiber wand. I also like food too much!!!

Gary, send me a PM with your info and I will send you a GG for that wand. All cleaners that are 60+ and still pushing their own wand (not desk jockeys running crews) get free glides from GreenGlides, always have always will....at least as long as I'm running it.

Take care,
Lisa

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Choosing a wand is a personal thing.
The Ti is our choice .
if no glided Ti, I'm grabbing an AW29

Those two wands are two of the best in the history of the world.

Now, here's a reality check.
first, lets ASSume everyone is using correct posture and comfortable stance to wand..
regardless of the wand or set up, use it long enough and you'll develop wear areas in your body.
Different handles and valve positions can change the body wear point areas ..but unless they've changed the laws of physics , it still takes the same amount of pressure to move the wand face across the floor under load

Dave can invent the greatest gUnjeT in the world ...and we can hang ape hanger bars on it, the fact remains will still have to push and pull it under load
which means hands, tendons, and shoulders get the load

if you choose to pound nails for a living, there are no "soft" hammers ...only hammers that are more efficient

meAt's rules for reducing wear and tear

use a glide ..and I recommend only original Greenglides

Use the most efficient tool you can
. It reduces the time your body runs as a repetitive motion machine .
The repetitive motion is what gets us over the years ..reducing the amount of strokes helps.

learn to wand in a COMFORTABLE position..i see some of you guys wand, and it's NO wonder to me why your back hurts.
(unless you've had injury like Draper)

learn to wand from both sides of the wand .
.if you don't, DO IT NOW.
Spread the wear around

get a wingman than can run the wand

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The only complaint I have about my 16 inch CASTEX wand is the head is heavy.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The only complaint I have about my 16 inch CASTEX wand is the head is heavy.

Yes, that's because it's the only fricking wand you've used for more than a day your entire career.

We're gonna bury ya with that wand. but we won't tell ya where it'll be.

Take care,
Lisa

Able 1

Name
Keith

Yeah, I was paying attention to how I hold my wand today..:icon_redface: I switch up my grip from when I trigger to when I do dry passes, for dry passes I actually push on the end of the wand with the vac hose, for triggering I move my hands up and hit the trigger with one finger . Keeping your hand in the position the ergo wand makes you is alot of pressure on the same points in your hand. My helper hated the ergo also, he would always grab the regular TI..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yeah, I was paying attention to how I hold my wand today..:icon_redface: I switch up my grip from when I trigger to when I do dry passes, for dry passes I actually push on the end of the wand with the vac hose, for triggering I move my hands up and hit the trigger with one finger . Keeping your hand in the position the ergo wand makes you is alot of pressure on the same points in your hand. My helper hated the ergo also, he would always grab the regular TI..
I was talking to Zee :) why in the world would anyone pass up a Prochem Ergo Ti wand at $900 for something Dave might come up with. He bought a Vinus wannabe TI wand and then claimed it was the greatest thing since sliced bread because he bought the cheapest POS out there. Zee you could have sold that Ergo on eBay for $1300 ($200 user list) hell even $1100 and it would have gone fast.i am flabbergasted that you seriously passed it up. Nothing Dave might make will ever come close the Prochem TI wands EVER.

No matter what you buy if you buy from someone reputable then you don't have to worry if you use it once and hate it. Will cost you $100 or so for the shipping back and forth but you won't be stuck.

I will always be amazed at how carpet cleaners will spend a butt load on their machines then buy the cheapest POS they can get their hands on. The wand is the only tool you touch all day every day and should be what you spend the most amount of money on.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
One thing that can help. Is that most cleaners have to wand grip handle set wayyy too low. Raise it up to where you can stand up straight. Using one finger on the grip though may not be good in the long run. As It may over work that joint. I've been working on studying better wand positioning pretty intensely for the last 2 years now out of necessity. My joints here having big problems. Like Trigger Finger on all my fingers. They would lock up and have to be pulled back straight. I couldn't throw a ball overhand etc... and As you found out too. Just because a wand says ergo doesn't mean that it really is.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
learn to wand from both sides of the wand ..if you don't, DO IT NOW.

I would like to know how many cleaners actually wand from both sides . . .

other than when they just get tired from one side

(which is what I do when cleaning).

Larry

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Are we talking about using the wand with the left as well as the right hand?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom