I'm back (Marketing carpet retailer video) Spread the love!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have been thinking alot of trying to get in with retailers think I'm just too lazy to go there.

Do all the guru's style the necklace and the unbuttoned shirt?

Name
George Valliant
Hey Doug,

I'm suprised you don't like the necklace. It matches your disco suite so perfectly. Heck, you might even be able to find a matching headband on ebay. Then it's boogie time!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
alright advice but I get referals from 3 retailers right now. That strategy would be deceptive. If I told each retailer that I was going to push them I would be lying. What I do is give a sheet of preferred companies in the area to use for all sorts of services

How do you handle that?

R

R. IvanTurner

Now that is funny!!

Did you check out the number of chicks on his boat?

Scott

..taking...notes...for...next...video....

Hey, no necklace. I knew that guy just ain't right.

Name
George Valliant
Geez, who is this guy? I just watched the video and he said exactly what i was afraid he was going to say. It sounds like he want's carpet retailers to refere clients to him. If i was a carpet retailer i would kick him in the nuts the instant he walked thru the door.

The last thing a retailer wants to do is drive potential clients to a half-baked rug scrubber. And, if the retailer thinks for one second i'm going to send my clients to him just cause their rug is 20 years old, their nuts too. What if the retailer sells my client a new wood floor, tile, or something like that. You may have lost a customer for life. And the retailer doesn't want to send his customers to you. What if you keep their floor looking good for the next 5 years.

The nature of each business creates a built in conflict of interest.

The only way a see it working is if the rug scrubber provides the warranty cleaning service for the carpet retailer.

Otherwise, don't waste your time, and make of fool of yourself, trying to get a retailer to send you business.

Scott

gvalliant - I take your post to mean you're not getting carpet retailer referrals.

If you're not you're missing out on a huge opportunity to grow your business. Ivan's message was exactly right on.

Name
George Valliant
I don't understand why a retailer would want to drive clients to a rug scrubber. - I can tell you that I get the nastiest carpets looking new again so I have no need to send clients to a retailer. Maybe, on a rare occation if somebody asks I might refer. But as a rule of thumb I don't push my clients to get new rugs.

If you are having success with retailers sending you clients. Maybe you can help me understand the concept.

Has anyone else had success with carpet retailers refering you business? And, do you regularly refer business to carpet retailers?

Or, is it a waste of time which could be better used persuing bigger fish.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I get a few referrals a week from carpet retailers. I get more tile & Grout than carpet cleaning. Probably a 60-40 split. If someone is getting there living room carpet installed and they want the whole house looking good the retailer will tell them to call me. If they get a all carpet throughout then their tile may look shabby.

If they just installed 10,000 sq ft of cgd someone has to maintain it. Retailers don't just install home carpet

I also just cleaned the wholesaler of carpet tiles for the Northeasts home and he is giving my card with each purchase

R

R. IvanTurner

George,

Do you relaize how much that hurt, just thinking about getting kicked in the nuts, make me cringe in pain. :eek:

I hope that we can agree on this; Retailers are the folks who sell the carpet, residentially as well as commercially, that we as cleaners one day hope to clean, no?

The purpose of my videos was to extend help to those who understand or maybe even embrace this concept, learn a way or two that can help them secure cleaning gigs on the front end as oppossed to the back end, where all the oter cleaners are poised and ready to fight you for the job.

I hope this helps answer your question. If not then please let me know what I can do to better explain where I am coming from.

I'm going my last video on the subject this evening, hopefully it will make it all much cleaer.

Thanks for the comments.

Ivan

p.s. Jimmy, I love the ideal about the scarf.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Amazing what make-up can do, Ivan.
Good job.

Next tip, pay a little more attention to the subliminal message that the background of your Video creates. You know a lot of thick books for the "learned" impression, a football or helmet for the "loser football fan" look ( Chavez has one on his desk, I think he wears it all day ) or an expensive car or swimming pool ( with a few girls ) for the wealthy look.

I think that George makes a good point about the inherent conflict of interest that needs to be overcome. Being an Inspector, corrector works for me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Still pissed because you thought the helmet was real leather? :p

and I'll have you know I only wear the helmet when I'm playing with my figurine! :x

IMG_1567.jpg

R

R. IvanTurner

Chavez,

Aren't you guys in the cleaning & restoration business? Your little figurine freind looks like he is the lone survivor of a terrible furnance puff back. Clean him up, it's the least that you can do.

MMaybe you can talk Harry into making you one of those silly patches, except incorporating the Jay hawk theme, to complete the ensemble.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those are grass stains from making a tackle.....oh wait you MU fan's only know offense. SEE definition below:

After you score, the group of guys that come on the field while you're at the concession stand are called DEFENSE! :p

I'd hit you harder but we play you this weekend and we have no defense either! :mrgreen:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
thanks for repeating what I said to G Ivan. Now being a guru could you answer my question?

M

Mark Imbesi

I happen to agree with George. I subcontracted installs from several retailers years ago. They ain't interested in making you money. They want future sales and future sales come from improperly maintained floor covering.

I know this first hand. When I expanded into cleaning, I was still subbing. The main retailer I worked with told me this hisowndamnself! We soon parted ways and I installed only for flooring I sold, then maintained the flooring throughout the years for my own client. WIN-WIN for me. BTW, last I heard, Mohawk dealers can get set up for carpet cleaning through the company. How's that gonna help you?

Also, don't you think a carpet retailer's referral will be hard to come by if you ain't CRI-SOA compliant?

I will never spend a dime marketing to this sector.

R

R. IvanTurner

Matt,

I'm sorry. Somehow I over looked your response. I simply never saw your previous response.

If it brings you some sense of peace, why don't you just kick me in the nuts, and call it a day?

Ivan

Mikey P

Administrator
I have four carpet and three tile retailers that refer me. One of the tile and 3 of the carpet LOVE me and go way out of their ways to find me work.

I toss stuff back to all 3. The owners, clerks and installers all know about me and spread the love.

If you're not in a "relationship" with at least two retailers in your town, you are a moron.

Plain and simple.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I do work for carpet retailers but I don't give kick backs. Like I say, I don't pay for referrals, I work for them.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Way to bitch slap Geporge Ivan, though he probably didn't get it. Keep up the good job and makin those videos. I do think however that you, me and Rendall should make a date to go to Nordstrom so I can do a wardrobe makeover on both of you.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Ken Snow said:
I do think however that you, me and Rendall should make a date to go to Nordstrom so I can do a wardrobe makeover on both of you.

Don't do it Ivan, you will never ever live it down.

Ken_on_Warpath.jpg

Stick with manly Missouri look.

HarryHides.jpg

or this if you can pull it off.

Ken__Doo_Rag_Hands_Together.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom