I’m not impressed

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This is another one of these issues that I have zero to do with when it comes to product involved.

Still, I have to ask:

Are you sure the white residue is from the product? I've seen this type of material show up after cleaning, and its nearly always something the customer used that they didn't tell you about, forgot to tell you about, or have no desire to be honest and tell you about.

Spending a few decades as a carpet inspector taught me a great deal about the mendacity of the people you folks do business with.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Wrong. Mixed in a bucket of hot water first.

I did a little research on the product

Using it properly, as I know you did Damon, I can't see how it would leave that type of residue.

I'm not in the business of defending competitors, but I do think that if a problem crops up, its better to know the true source of it to correct it, and to prevent it in the future.

To be completely clear:

It COULD be the product.

Just like if you hear hoofbeats outside of your window, it COULD be a herd of zebras that escaped from the zoo.....but chances are it will be horses.

I think it being the product is a "zebra" Damon.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Asking because I have always been under the impression best way to fix a problem like this would be to lightly apply the same product (like dissolves like) then rinse it correctly?

I need to get better at encap but I hate it

• Wow
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well I don't know what happened. The areas that turned white where pretty worn and dark. Maybe the customer used carpet fresh or some sort of scented powder. Whatever happened, I'm heading back tonight to fix it. I'll probably just acid rinse everything.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Well I don't know what happened. The areas that turned white where pretty worn and dark. Maybe the customer used carpet fresh or some sort of scented powder. Whatever happened, I'm heading back tonight to fix it. I'll probably just acid rinse everything.

I'd give it the best dry soil removal first Damon.

Vacuum at least; pile lifter or CRB, and THEN vacuum it after for the best results.

If it is a powdered carpet deodorizer, that stuff turns clear when wet, but doesn't easily dissolve in water (even with an acid rinse).

We had it happen here. I found out our janitor bought Carpet Fresh and put in everywhere when he took care of the place at night only afterward.

He said he did it because he liked the smell :icon_rolleyes:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'd give it the best dry soil removal first Damon.

Vacuum at least; pile lifter or CRB, and THEN vacuum it after for the best results.

If it is a powdered carpet deodorizer, that stuff turns clear when wet, but doesn't easily dissolve in water (even with an acid rinse).

We had it happen here. I found out our janitor bought Carpet Fresh and put in everywhere when he took care of the place at night only afterward.

He said he did it because he liked the smell :icon_rolleyes:
Ok, I'll do that. CRB to bust it up, then vacuum.

I had this happen to me years ago with a Karate studio. After every session the instructor would sprinkle Arm and Hammer stuff around. When I cleaned the floor the entire place had that white film everywhere. I was new at the time and very panicked. I cleaned it again and refunded his money.

I'm not sure that this is what is happening at the current place. It seems the places that turned white are the areas where I scrubbed a little extra. But I'll find out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ok, I'll do that. CRB to bust it up, then vacuum.

I had this happen to me years ago with a Karate studio. After every session the instructor would sprinkle Arm and Hammer stuff around. When I cleaned the floor the entire place had that white film everywhere. I was new at the time and very panicked. I cleaned it again and refunded his money.

I'm not sure that this is what is happening at the current place. It seems the places that turned white are the areas where I scrubbed a little extra. But I'll find out.

Sadly, the more you wet and scrub, the more that "stuff" wicks up.

I can't imagine you over used or undermixed the product to the extent it would do that to you.

Zebras and horses.....zebras and horses...

Or, if you prefer: Occam's Razor

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Good point. It could be Capture or the residue from all the previous guys that filled the carpet with encap. Always extract first cleaning. Always extract after fourth or fifth encap. I don't know how you guys get away with encap only.
There are some buildings that are just not easy to clean with hwe. Not being able to close down certain areas, no water supply close by, etc. If encap is done properly and the product works as it should and the building has regular vaccuming done, it shouldn't be a problem. I have one building where we have done it for the 5th year in a row with encap. No residue problems, no wicking, no buckling and the carpet looks cleaner than when we used hwe.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
There are some buildings that are just not easy to clean with hwe. Not being able to close down certain areas, no water supply close by, etc. If encap is done properly and the product works as it should and the building has regular vaccuming done, it shouldn't be a problem. I have one building where we have done it for the 5th year in a row with encap. No residue problems, no wicking, no buckling and the carpet looks cleaner than when we used hwe.
Yep.

When I hit a rough area, I soak a cotton pad in hot water, slap it down and it does a great job.

I have a few offices I’ve cleaned for years with only VLM with no issues.

Mikey P

Administrator
We have a booth two over from Encapstore, do you want me to ask? PXL_20220908_201411721.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
We have a booth two over from Encapstore, do you want me to ask? View attachment 117806
No. I know all I need to know. Green Dragon is not a good encap. I’ll use it as a pre-spray until I have used it all up. I just redid the job and with a CRB to break it up then vacuumed again. I then went over it with my vibe and lightly sprayed Saiger‘s encap and dried the carpet to make sure there’s no film wicking up. Then went over it again with a dry microfiber pad. Worked out good.

The people at the commercial building stated they never use any potpourri or Arm and Hammer fresh scent powder. So I’m convinced that my overspray of this product in the heavy trash areas left a white film. Lesson learned. I'm sure Green Dragon is a good product and I'm looking forward to testing it as a HWE prespray.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
No. I know all i need to know. Green Dragon is not a good encap. I’ll use it as a pre-spray until I have used it all up. I just redid the job and with a CRB to break it up then vacuum cleaner system. I then went over it with my vine and lightly sprayed Saiger‘s encap and dried the carpet to make sure there’s no film wicking up. Worked out good.

The people at the commercial building stated they never use any potpourri or arm and Hammer fresh scent powder. So I’m convinced that my overspray of this product in the heavy trash areas left a white film. Lesson learned.
Good to know

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
No. I know all i need to know. Green Dragon is not a good encap. I’ll use it as a pre-spray until I have used it all up. I just redid the job and with a CRB to break it up then vacuum cleaner system. I then went over it with my vine and lightly sprayed Saiger‘s encap and dried the carpet to make sure there’s no film wicking up. Worked out good.

The people at the commercial building stated they never use any potpourri or arm and Hammer fresh scent powder. So I’m convinced that my overspray of this product in the heavy trash areas left a white film. Lesson learned.
It was a zebra afterall.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Phoenix and microfiber pad. Used my regular encap product and finished with a flat mop. So far, they haven't called me to complain about any white residue on the floor. Keeping my fingers crossed.
It’ll be fine. The amount of polymer has to be so diluted in rtu solution that the film is probably microscopic. I’ve used some encap on hard surfaces and never noticed anything left behind.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom