I’m not impressed

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That is really weird. I've used Green Dragon as a straight encap on CGD a lot of times and never had that issue. It was my go to for everything, VLM, HWE, and grout. Doesn't leave a white film on tiles at all which is nice.
Hmm interesting. Well who knows. I did go pretty heavy in those areas due to the wear. But I’ve gone just as heavy with my other encaps and never had an issue.

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

Hmm interesting. Well who knows. I did go pretty heavy in those areas due to the wear. But I’ve gone just as heavy with my other encaps and never had an issue.
It's been a long time but I've had this happen with releasit. My feeling were there was something there that didn't rinse completely out and the encap did what it was suppose to. It turned whatever it was into powder.
Or it was just too much juice that I didn't rinse out completely.
Same thing, treated heavier in traffic lane.

Reactions: Nomad74 and SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
On commercial carpet and you need to stick with one method and preferably one cleaning agent. There's too many cooks in the kitchen and it's hard enough to predict what your cleaning will do, let alone with all the meddling from the know-it-all janitors.

x2

I have always looked with a cynical eye at instructors and manufacturers who say "Always use the same brands from start to finish on a job, because of potential incompatibilities and product liability issues".

Most of that is "manure". Most presprays and rinses on upholstery and carpet are compatible with one another. True, there are exceptions, but they are rare.

But I do see a lot of merit in staying with the same product when cleaning the same carpet repeatedly, especially with "encap products", which leave a residue (friendly or not, it is still a residue).

The same goes for vct floors and finishes.

Just my 2 cents from years of seeing screwed up jobs.

Mikey P

Administrator
On commercial carpet and you need to stick with one method and preferably one cleaning agent. There's too many cooks in the kitchen and it's hard enough to predict what your cleaning will do, let alone with all the meddling from the know-it-all janitors.
We used a Cinex and DS2 on a Chinese medicine college of sorts in Santa Cruz for over a decade and countless visits.
How that carpet held on to so much polymer and ground in soil over that decade. That's beyond me, but the one time they called when we only had a rookie on staff to go deal with a leaking sparkletts water cooler turned into a disaster when that tech decided to hot water extract the whole room.

It was easily the worst case of wicking I had ever seen, all of which was fixed with one pass of the Cimex and more DS2..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We used a Cinex and DS2 on a Chinese medicine college of sorts in Santa Cruz for over a decade and countless visits.
How that carpet held on to so much polymer and ground in soil over that decade. That's beyond me, but the one time they called when we only had a rookie on staff to go deal with a leaking sparkletts water cooler turned into a disaster when that tech decided to hot water extract the whole room.

It was easily the worst case of wicking I had ever seen, all of which was fixed with one pass of the Cimex and more DS2..

HWE after years of burying soil is often akin to building your home on an old Native American graveyard

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Hey now, watch it!

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
x2

I have always looked with a cynical eye at instructors and manufacturers who say "Always use the same brands from start to finish on a job, because of potential incompatibilities and product liability issues".

Most of that is "manure". Most presprays and rinses on upholstery and carpet are compatible with one another. True, there are exceptions, but they are rare.

But I do see a lot of merit in staying with the same product when cleaning the same carpet repeatedly, especially with "encap products", which leave a residue (friendly or not, it is still a residue).

The same goes for vct floors and finishes.

Just my 2 cents from years of seeing screwed up jobs.
That’s because they’re mostly all the same shit.

Seems like there are really only a handful of ingredients used in all those products.

Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
That’s because they’re mostly all the same shit.

Seems like there are really only a handful of ingredients used in all those products.
If we could get the actual California Right to Know Ingredient Disclosure sheets, instead of the SDS runaround, we’d know for sure what was what in these different products.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom