I'm notch yo momma!

Mikey P

Administrator
Beta testing begins.... IMG_20200429_145004.jpgIMG_20200429_145020.jpgIMG_20200429_145014.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Have you not seen the Tom Conway video of how to put on and off a glide? Why in hell would you cut up a $1500 wand? Mine just pop off with a screw driver. I would rather notch a glide before I cut my wand.

Maybe these Green Glide things are different. I’ve never used one. Just Tom’s. Do they require notching? Are they not wand specific glides and require mods to the wands to be made? I’m just trying to understand why you are cutting up your wand.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Have you not seen the Tom Conway video of how to put on and off a glide? Why in hell would you cut up a $1500 wand? Mine just pop off with a screw driver. I would rather notch a glide before I cut my wand.

Maybe these Green Glide things are different. I’ve never used one. Just Tom’s. Do they require notching? Are they not wand specific glides and require mods to the wands to be made? I’m just trying to understand why you are cutting up your wand.
Don't worry, it's notch your wand.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I notched my PMF 802 12 yrs ago.
You just grab the glide and pull toward notch. You can change or switch in seconds.

Green Glides are built like tanks. Easier to slide than pry.

How did it work Mike?

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator

All in due time my easy to confuse friend...

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok, I understand if its for beta testing many glides on the same wand. I do think it would be a mistake to do this to a wand otherwise. This is why. My glide tends to move around a bit as it gets worn. Sometimes if it has shifted a bit, my wand head will put a black mark on the baseboard. I think this notching would add to that. But, like you said, if you are constantly popping them off and on, then yeah, it's efficient.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ok, I understand if its for beta testing many glides on the same wand. I do think it would be a mistake to do this to a wand otherwise. This is why. My glide tends to move around a bit as it gets worn. Sometimes if it has shifted a bit, my wand head will put a black mark on the baseboard. I think this notching would add to that. But, like you said, if you are constantly popping them off and on, then yeah, it's efficient.
#setscrew

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Why couldn’t Green Glides reverse engineer a devastator glide? Still don’t see the need to gnaw up a perfectly good wand. Send a a new dev glide to your MACHINIST. I don’t want to buy a garage made “That’ll do”

Mikey P

Administrator
Ok dim wits..

I am creating a hard surface brush glide that will fit many wands. In order to do so I will start with 5 versions to test.

Each time you take off a glide by heating and prying you significantly reduce it's strength and ability to grab hold.

The notch OBVIOUSLY will make the whole process go smooth, easy and cause no damage to the glides, especially the carpet glide.

If the brush glide works as planned it will make the (select) carpet wand out perform any pos existing hard surface wand on the market.

You can either convert an old wand or notch you one and only to make seal outs quick and easy.

both Devs
Both SS Ti's
PC Ti
Westpak Ti
CMP low profile
possibly the AW29

YFP!

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Why couldn’t Green Glides reverse engineer a devastator glide? Still don’t see the need to gnaw up a perfectly good wand. Send a a new dev glide to your MACHINIST. I don’t want to buy a garage made “That’ll do”

We already have the Dev14 designed both internal and external fits, we just won't sell them for 2 reasons. One because I promised Tom I wouldnt and two, Devastator owners are fvcking morons.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
We already have the Dev14 designed both internal and external fits, we just won't sell them for 2 reasons. One because I promised Tom I wouldnt and two Devastator owners are fvcking morons.
Give Tom his cut and sell them. There are several things I do not like about my Devastators. They are great bulletproof wands, but they are far far from perfect.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
My point is Mike. That as a moronic Devastator owner, I am willing to pay premium money for a premium tool. I have no interest in a Swiss Army Wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom