I'm thinking I want to switch to propane

I want to move my equipment to a larger truck. I think the vacuum is fine but the heat is what needs improving.

I have been told that I can't use propane as a post heat option as the machine will mess up.

That is what my supplier said.

Would you convert all the way to propane and how much would I need if I wanted to run two higher flow wands?

Or leave it as is with a little boost when needed?

I would really like to get two TNT's in a box. That would be ideal.

But this would save me a ton of money and give me close to the performance I want.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
danielc said:
I want to move my equipment to a larger truck. I think the vacuum is fine but the heat is what needs improving.

I have been told that I can't use propane as a post heat option as the machine will mess up.

Would you convert all the way to propane and how much would I need if I wanted to run two higher flow wands?

But this would save me a ton of money and give me close to the performance I want.

Why not. Why can you run a line to a high pressure 4ht after your pump? It will not mess with your system. Leave the heat exchangers alone and save money on propane as the water will already be hot.
That is what I did with my first tm, a steam genie PTO.
Luis

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:

why and how??

"post" heat means down stream of the TM.
example... solution line from tm to heater , sol line from heater to wand ...it wouldn't have any effect at all on the TM

are you sure you understood your supplier?
are you sure your supplier understood you??

"pre" heat could possibly damage the pump .
can't run too hot of water thru a pump .
Someone correct me it wrong, but i think most are rated for no more the 160 degrees in

running a heater down stream of tm ("post" heat) has no effect on the unit

..L.T.A.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Dont you run your TM on low or med. most of the time? Crank it up, HX machines needs to run hard for heat.

Adam

AdamHale said:
Dont you run your TM on low or med. most of the time? Crank it up, HX machines needs to run hard for heat.

Adam

I run it on medium or high 80 percent of the time.

Heat is great single wand but not so great dual wand except now in the summer and that is with standard flow.

My real issue is water bypassing. I hate it and hate all the heat contained in the system.

I like what Les does stripping them down to make them simpler.

I am not worried about the extra cost in propane if I can slow down and not have to worry about having water bypass as much.

I just think I would get better performance all around with propane.

I have never run it, but I like the benefits.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
AdamHale said:

Adam

I run it on medium or high 80 percent of the time. only after i have busted his balls on it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heat is great single wand but not so great dual wand except now in the summer and that is with standard flow.

My real issue is water bypassing. I hate it and hate all the heat contained in the system.

I like what Les does stripping them down to make them simpler.

I am not worried about the extra cost in propane if I can slow down and not have to worry about having water bypass as much.

I just think I would get better performance all around with propane.

I have never run it, but I like the benefits.

have i bugged you enough that you dont read through my posts???

from the saphire 870 post

danielc wrote:
Mike you can dual wand with an EVEREST, the 870, or any similar machine but you will need to do dry strokes.

My next rig will be dual propane with independent tanks and reels.

I'm really sick and tired of heat exchange.

heheh....

pulling my heat exchangers out was THEEE best thing i did to help improve stuff.....

now mind you a few things...

1 they were plugged...soooo no help in heat at all
2 already had a kick butt propane unit...so no additional cost there...

BUTTTT

1 it opened it up to breath...so no exhaust restrictions
2 the heli-coil is more then enough of a bump in temp for "pre heating" the water so it doesnt take for ever to get it up and heating in the winter....
3 plus when i do furniture, it is more then enough heat for those purposes.....we clean theater seats, and dual them...no propane...

i just like it.....and as i have always said...i like having a pre heater for a fuel burner...just a bit of one...

in your case you could pull them and hold on to them and see if it works out better for you....

heli coil will be your "preheat" guess what NO BY PASS....

now the only thing that maybe off...is the fact yours is fuel injected right??? Mine is carb so it doesnt have much electronics to screw up....

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Kip aka 1kaday ran an Everest with a 360k btu post heater. Same heater that greentech, gommer, and some other guys and I have/had. In my research to run 2 high flow wands 10 flow and up you'll need to be in that btu range.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Whoever told you that you can't post- heat with propane didn't know what they were talking about... or they weren't being honest. Pre- heating with HX will leave less for the propane to do and therefore save you fuel, while giving you higher output levels.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Duane Oxley said:
Whoever told you that you can't post- heat with propane didn't know what they were talking about... or they weren't being honest.

or

Dan'l misunderstood

or

the dude misunderstood Dan'l

..L.T.A.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Daniel,
Yank your HX except for your pre-heater as already noted. Sell em to offset the cost of upgrading, pick up a 360k burner, or one of Duanes burners and enjoy. I don't have any odor issues from my kero tank, odor from burner firing in the van, excess heat or any of that crap the fuel oil haters rant on and on about.

Switch it over. Move on and be happy.

Bill

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ruff Hewn said:
[quote="Duane Oxley":1tgka4id]Whoever told you that you can't post- heat with propane didn't know what they were talking about... or they weren't being honest.

or

Dan'l misunderstood

or

the dude misunderstood Dan'l

..L.T.A.[/quote:1tgka4id]

f'k that never happens huh KMA! KMA! KMA! KMA!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd leave to when you can use it only when you need it. Why destroy what works for a single wand?

Install the heater down line with the ability to disconnect it when every you want to.

No real need to sell off your unit and buy two more machines, unless you just want two machines.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
but you take those exchangers out and it lets the blower breath better...not to mention the lower strain on the motor with less back pressure

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Douglas it's a machine, it doesn't need to breath. It was designed for the restriction.

and quit making me look bad! eat yor heart out Werner

I can do that well enough on my own!
eat shit!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
bullll shit.....

that little nissan or hitachi...wants to breathe baby breathe...

hey i look bad enough as is to....gotta get me a point everynow and then LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE!

floorguy said:
but you take those exchangers out and it lets the blower breath better...not to mention the lower strain on the motor with less back pressure

Or you can just keep them clean.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
floorguy said:

Or you can just keep them clean.

yeah well...that was on the guy i bought it from....

i just reaped the rewards of yanking them....

besides if you want to switch.....if you go through alllll that plumbing issue.. why not just take them out

and chavez....shhh it does run better eat yor heart out Werner eat yor heart out Werner eat yor heart out Werner eat yor heart out Werner eat yor heart out Werner

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Any restriction taken off of one side of the blower will increase the performance and lessen the strain or "work" on the other side of the blower.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
and chavez....shhh it does run better
ummm lets see they have engineers and a R&D department, they spend tons of money, they put a thousand units in the field every year but you know more?

YOU sir are a wildman, stay far away from my machine! eat yor heart out Werner

Pssst I used to take the covers off the machine to let it breathe....but don't tell anyone. We don't anymore, my luck I'd be picking some tech's hand out of the belts! I've seen Jimmy naked

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea but...(dontcha love that saying)

they are also trying to produce heat......

in this case we have our heat source....SOOOOOO lets remove the strains....

just saying....lol

and really how many things/stuff have you bought, and gone WTF were they thinking????

sans....what was that chevy car that had the funky motor that swung out????

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i actually had wanted to buy a 805 i saw for cheap....but didnt have the place to put it....

ohhh but i can fix your chit..fo sho

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Duane Oxley said:
Whoever told you that you can't post- heat with propane didn't know what they were talking about... or they weren't being honest. Pre- heating with HX will leave less for the propane to do and therefore save you fuel, while giving you higher output levels.
AGREE!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:

I need to get a bigger score card for you.....your harder to keep up with then Waldo.........

Just trying to make all the money I can Jim in the shortest period of time so I can fish and chase women in my FREE TIME.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Just trying to make all the money I can Jim in the shortest period of time so I can fish and chase women in my FREE TIME.

I'll tell you what...why don't you come to Tucson...spend the day with me...I will show you all the tricks on how to be very efficient....I will pick you up...take you out with me...buy you lunch...and drop you back off.......and you will see that you don't need spend the money and make all the changes that you think you do.....

when all is said and done......you can take me fishing...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom