Interview with Ken Snow 12-13-06

JTaylor

Mike and Ken I'm sorry i chimed early before 1st time here at the hot seat
JT

Don't sweat it JT, we're glad you've found us......

Mikey

I would like to know how a profit is made on a 5 rm clean for $99.95 with two techs and 1 to 2 hrs of work with drive time, supplies and all the other business expenses? I know how much time I put into each job, and by the way am very efficient, when other service contractors are billing $135 per man hr without having a 60k cleaning plant and getting all the work they can do. Why would one be so cheap? No pun intended

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Comm work is about 8 % of our on location volume by # of jobs and 12 % revenue. We have portables and encap machines for inaccessible places.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Other than Brian Hanna do any of your other people visit the boards?

Would love to talk to your operations guy, re: fleet management etc...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Wow. Too much information, Ken... By the way we'd like Mrs. Snows opinion/verification on that...

I would like to know how a profit is made on a 5 rm clean for $99.95 with two techs and 1 to 2 hrs of work with drive time, supplies and all the other business expenses? I know how much time I put into each job, and by the way am very efficient, when other service contractors are billing $135 per man hr without having a 60k cleaning plant and getting all the work they can do. Why would one be so cheap? No pun intended

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
we don't take over an hour in most cases and drive time is minimal with the # of stops we have and the efficiency of our routing. Also if that 99.95 adds on a couch, sectional or other things plus has scotchgard applied we have just created a lot more revenue with not too much additional time for 2 men.

G

What keeps your operations from going from per rooming to per sq pricing...and why haven't you changed it in years past?

Chad

Cameron1

Ken, whats in our future, as far as our industry goes. What do you see for our Industry, say, in 5 years?

G

Also when a van leaves in the morning, and then when its back at the shop, how many hours is it out..and what does one average per $$ and hour?

Chad

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
ran out of hinny had to resort to Canuck beer. I said big enough, not big. I am one of those who subscribes to its the quality not the quantity :)

Mikey P

Administrator
heineken-778805.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
questions are coming too fast :)

Brian Hanna is my Division mgr for on location cleaning 1 of 3 div mgrs in our cleaning corp.

G

Also...how is it working with family day in and out..and then having a homelife?

Is it a loving thing..or do you want to choke hold some people every now and then?

Chad

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Our avg crew brought in over 200k last year, with our highest ones being over 300k

We went to room pricing in 1982, and had been sq ft for 40 years prior. I do not anticipate changing, but would never say never.

Ken Thanks for your time Early day and need to hit the sack

Thanks again till next time, cheers(turn up bottle for last sip)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
6-8 jobs a day plus many night jobs every week and on weekends. Our guys regularly work 6 days and many work 7 20-30 weeks a year. We offer res and comm cleaning 7 days a week.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Ken,

What was your first job when you started at Hagopian?

Liked your advice for the small cc business.

Thanks for sitting in the "Hot Seat"

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom