introduction

akon123

hello you all sirs i am akon here a new user,,,,, i am a student of business . i am here to get some education on the topic of sales of carpets this is my project authorize by university.... i have to collect a lot of information on this topic so if you have any thing to share for me on this topic so please share it o me i will thanks for it,,,,, nice to come here thanks for giving me a little place........

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Nice hunk o dung from the "KwikDry" website:

Don't Steam Your Carpets - Clean Your Carpets!

02/28/2011

Experience has proven that the dry-method of carpet cleaning far outweighs the steam cleaning method. One may say - No way! That can't possibly work. All that those dry-method carpet cleaners are doing is moving the dirt around or pushing it down into the base of the carpet. But in reality, there are more negatives to the steam cleaning process than positive facts and more pros to the dry method than cons.

Steam cleaning or hot water extraction is a method used by millions of people both domestically and professionally. If a homeowner decides that he or she can save some money by cleaning their carpet themselves, they will soon notice that their carpet has become dirty faster than usual. What really happened was that the frugal consumer shampooed his/her carpet and left a residue of soap and sticky wax on the carpet fiber that now attracts dirt and grease. The home cleaning steamers cannot maintain the degree of heat needed to break the static bond between the carpet and the soil or debris. It is like shampooing one's hair and then rinsing with luke-warm water. All of the soap will not be washed out and the hair becomes greasy looking in a short period of time.

What about the professional businesses? Some professional steam cleaners may insist that their process is the best way to clean because they have a recirculatory system that takes the water back to their heating source. (Most steam cleaners do not have a reheating system.) They will tell the customer that -"Our water reaches 210 degrees Fahrenheit breaking the static barrier between the dirt and your carpet fiber." But this is not exactly the truth. By the time that the 210 degree water has travelled from the machine to the wand, down to the carpet, it has lost from ten to twenty degrees of heat, already too low a temperature to break any bond between dirt and carpet fiber. If the carpet cleaning company has a truck-mounted unit then the water has to travel even farther to reach its destination and be effective. "Elementary my dear Watson!"

Also, have you considered as a customer where all of that water is going? Does your carpet technician vacuum repeatedly, to ensure that the steam, which returns to water is effectively removed out of your carpet? Unless you have a natural fiber carpet - because most carpets are a plastic based material which repels water rather than attracts - the carpet fibers will not soak up any water and the moisture will then slide down the fiber and into the base of the carpet and the under pad (which will hold moisture). What will you get then? That's right - mildew! Why do you think it takes many hours or even days for your carpet to fully dry? Because too much water has been left in the base of your carpet and in the under padding.

The dry method of carpet cleaning uses a very small amount of water in the cleaning solution, which has the chemical make-up to oxidize and evaporate. The carpet is dry in one to two hours, tops.

The secret to this kind of carpet cleaning is in the vacuuming. Most of the dirt and debris can be removed simply with the use of our high-efficiency vacuum cleaners. Then the cleaning solution is applied and often stains can be seen lifting off of the carpet before your very eyes. A rotary brush is then used to agitate the solution removing tough stains and grease. No, it does not untwist your pile. That is a myth. The rotary brush actually picks up matted areas of your carpet leaving it soft and fluffy.

Then rotating, thick cotton pads are utilized to absorb dirt and grime from your carpeting. The rotating pad causes static electricity to build up in the carpet attracting the now loosened debris. I cannot honestly tell you the scientific parameters of this process; all that I know is that it works, and it works better than steam cleaning - never mind the fact that your carpet will out live steam cleaned carpet due to their hot water breaking down the base of the carpet. Don't steam your carpet, clean your carpet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom