Invoices

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
What kind of invoices do you use? Does anyone print out from Service Monster? How do you do that? Do you make 2 copies with carbon paper or write on both of them. Or do you load your printer with carbonless paper to make 2 copies? I'm running out of my printed ones and don't want to have more printed.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i use to use a program that allowed me to email them...and loved it...

i since have switched to QB....which still lets me... I just need to play around with it more and get the full use of it...

because what if you are on a job and they change it up???

then when you get done for the day...type them all up...

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
When I first got Servicemonster I paid them something like $50 to custom make a WO form for me. I print up 2 copies to take it to the job. Any changes at the jobsite I write on both copies, leave one with the customer and take the other one back to make changes in the computer. Takes less than 60 seconds to make the changes.

Reactions: KevinL and Hoody

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
What others say about printing two copies. Service monster has a setting that allows this automatically. What I do at the printer is paperclip the two copies together. When I get payment i use the paperclip to attach the payment to the correct invoice. My bookeeper loves it

Reactions: KevinL

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
2 part carbon-less work-order, customer gets yellow and our people bring back the white along with their log sheet for the day that they transfer amounts by category for each work order.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
@Ken,must be a D thang,I still use yellow and white.Although i leave the white and keep yellow.Is that bass ackwards or what?

Chris A

Name
Chris
@Ken,must be a D thang,I still use yellow and white.Although i leave the white and keep yellow.Is that bass ackwards or what?

Yes Glen, everybody knows you leave the yellow copy. Sheesh.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
IMAGE_269POrtyoffice.jpg

I use Mistral and print out the invoice right at the client's house. This is why I don't use SM;I don't have a data connection all the time. I can copy and paste a preexisting invoice or make whatever changes I need to. I print one copy for the client only, no carbon needed. The printer is an HP Officejet H470. You should be able to print from SM or whatever software you're using in the same way.

Mistral allows me to make a custom invoice; I can make it look anyway I want, custom fields, colours, layout etc. This picture is a couple years old, my invoices now use a yellow-black theme with the new logo.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
IMAGE_269POrtyoffice.jpg

I use Mistral and print out the invoice right at the client's house. This is why I don't use SM;I don't have a data connection all the time. I can copy and paste a preexisting invoice or make whatever changes I need to. I print one copy for the client only, no carbon needed. The printer is an HP Officejet H470. You should be able to print from SM or whatever software you're using in the same way.

Mistral allows me to make a custom invoice; I can make it look anyway I want, custom fields, colours, layout etc. This picture is a couple years old, my invoices now use a yellow-black theme with the new logo.

Wow Ron, you actually make house... Not just turtle vacuuming... :icon_twisted:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My system for the last five years or so has been laptop with Quicken and HP printer like Ron, also my mobile eftpos machine, which I've had for in excess of three years.

Commercial customers have their invoices emailed for direct deposit.

Eftpos is for most of my residential customers, rarely get a cheque nowadays.

All resi; customers have an invoice printed on the spot and pay upfront.

Simple, less paperwork.

I design and print all my own invoices, letterheads, quotes, etc; so it's a simple matter of just selecting the correct form and entering the details.

No more printers charges and invoice/quote books stacked up in boxes.

Shorty.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ours has some mumbo jumbo too :-)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Ghandi

SAVING JUST ONE ANIMAL WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT SURELY THE WORLD WILL CHANGE FOR THAT ONE ANIMAL!

Just what is this MUMBO JUMBO ??

Some sort of exotic animal with a big trunk ??

:stir:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Thanks guys. just like Glen, I leave the white copy and save the yellow. That way I can see then better at home. I don't know about you guys but we are buried in paperwork at home. That's why I'm afraid to just use service monster.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was buried too until I switched to my laptop and printer. Now the paperwork is pretty much done when I leave the job. My income side is all tracked now. Paper work is just on the expense side.
If you have the cellular service for your area, I could see SM working very well. I would need the software on my computer and then just update it when I got home.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a Verizon wireless modum which allows me to connect anywhere; however, I can't see myself carrying in my laptop and a printer on a job just to print up an invoice, and I sure would hate to have that stolen from my van when I wasn't looking. I use ServiceMonster work orders, take one with me for the customer. If they change anything, I scratch and print on their work order. Any information I need is noted on my nifty note pad and entered into their file when I get back to the office. My local printer prints up a two part invoice that I keep with me on the van for times when I need to write out an invoice for some reason.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Skip the printer. E-mail the paperwork to the customer.

Also works as a legitimate way to get their e-mail address for future contact.

MicheleSwain

Name
Environmental Carpet Care
Hi,
So, you get all the equipment in the residence, carry in your printer and laptop, place it somewhere hook it up...seems like a lot of stuff...?
Thanks,
Michele

Connor

Name
Connor
I require a written job explanation and authorization signature before work commences and a satisfaction signoff when paid. Two part carbonless and the customer gets the yellow copy. That whole set up laptop and printer thing looks like a nuisance to me. Some folks have so much crap that you can't sit down or find a flat surface, do you carry in a TV tray too?

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
qb form -pdf emailed to myself.Using sign my pad,make edits at the job,have the client sign off then email to them all from my phone.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
It really isn't that much bother. I carry everything in a backpack, even spare ink, which gets replaced once a year. Just takes a minute to set up, using an Ipad or Tablet would be even quicker. What I like best is that my clients get a fresh printed copy, and if there are any changes, they get a fresh printed copy. I made so many changes on one workorder that it was like a treasure map to find the total, back then I was too cheap to make a new one :rolleyes:
Thanks for the bump on this post, reminds me to recharge my printer. It goes for so long I forget.

Back
Top Bottom