IPad 3 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So I have both and both have there pros and cons to me. IPad is a LTE model so always connected and tab 2 is a wifi only device. Which do you use and prefer for ServiceMonster? I have both on my home network and playing around in service monster and I have to say the IPad has been significantly faster at every navigation I have tried with them both simultaneously. What really sucks on the IPad is the lack of voice navigation. It has a crippled google maps. Apple will be releasing IOS6 soon and will be adding there own apple maps to compete but we all know how long Verizon takes to do anything.
so what's your thoughts on IPad or tablets for running Service Monster or other business apps?

I also want to mention that when I was doing my testing and seen how much slower the tab2 was I tried the native browser, chrome, and couple others. Tab2 was slower with any browser.

Last edited:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I use the Ipad 3, but I don't use Service Monster. I have never liked any of the android devices, they just aren't as smooth and the apps vary so much from one to the next. I use an app called QBooks which syncs with Quickbooks. I use various apps for flyers, letters, photos, ect.

The Windows Surface devices that are due out shortly look promising. It all depends on Windows 8.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I went with the iPad 3. It's just so easy to use with no learning curve! Use it for my schedule, letters and proposals. Do not use it with quick books. I like it!

Tony

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I've had a ipad2 since it came out and it still works flawlessly. Great battery life and no glitches. Apple just makes quality products.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I have the ipad3 also and love it. I do not use service monster however, but I'm sure it will work fine on the ipad3 Much faster then the original and so easy to use.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I use iPad3.

Starting service monster this month.

What's the pros/cons of service monster of you guys who has used it for awhile?

Its nice to do everything g on the job, see history, create work orders and take payments. SM is flawed and you have to drill.down when doing task and is slow because of it. Not to mention some functionality misses. SM is aware of it and hopefully will fix sooner than later.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I have an iPad3 and love it!

Every time I've looked at an Android phone or tablet I get the feeling that the poor folks using these things are living with so much less. The Androids seem so limited and awkward compared to how fluid everything is in IOS.

BTW my brother is an Android guy, even though he keeps having to replace phone after phone after phone because they keep failing on him. But my wife and my iPhones seem to just keep humming along fine.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have been using my IPad for a few days now and I can tell you it has been faster than my android tablet day after day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom