Is the Cimex still king?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I need to get better encap equipment. I'd get a Cimex with no hesitation if it were not for the fact that I have an unusual amount of cut pile nylon in many of my accounts. Some of it is brand new and still under warranty.

I'm thinking my only other choices are:

A Trinity - still have a warranty issue.

A cylindrical brush machine - no warranty issues, but the production rate is nowhere as good as a Cimex. Right?

Is there another option?

Am I correct in my assessment of those I listed?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I opted to help Ricky buy another BMW.......I bought the 19" Cimex. I have used it on cut pile with no problems.....just gotta use the right pad firmness for the carpet pile. Too hard or course will give you problems. There are dozens of pads to chose from......Ricky has em all. On a lot of jobs, we do a quick HWE followup.

Gotta get the Conqueror back on the road for mop up duties after nasty encapping.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Been happy with my Brush Pro's. I will purchase a Cimex probably early next year and will also help Rick with his BMW payment.

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Cimex or rock imo.

I've yet to see anyone posting pics of the trio providing cleaning results on moderate soiling. ... But if your in doing monthly maintenence jobs should be ok.

Pretty sure Derek is back to the mex as his main now?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would talk to Bill Yeadon, i had this same question for him last year for an account with new carpet.
It was a big one too, so it had to be right ....

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I know of no carpet mill that allows any planetary machines, OP, or otherwise.

Cylindrical brush or HWE only, as far as I know.

If that's the major concern, I'd go with a brush pro. Otherwise Marty, you will be glad to have the Cimex. Big Yella is built like a tank, excellent results, and great productivity.

The thing is VERY heavy, but I think that's a big reason it cleans so well.

Oh, and it's a piece of cake to run. Very little learning curve.

Excellent supply sometimes offers 6-18 months, same as cash.

The Clean Machine

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'll most likely buy a Cimex. I have one church that is 80% looped pile CGD and 20% cut pile commercial nylon. I'll continue to HWE the nylon, I guess.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll most likely buy a Cimex. I have one church that is 80% looped pile CGD and 20% cut pile commercial nylon. I'll continue to HWE the nylon, I guess.

our largest commercial account (3 times a year) has some loose pile nylon.

Works just fine, no worries.

Name
Nate W.
Just get the CRB... Because we all know your going to bitch about how heavy the Cimex is...:stir: Plus the warranty issues you keep bringing up...

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've never had a warranty issue with my Big Yella in the decade or so that I've been using it.

Some jobs I've been doing yearly for a decade with six monthly spotting, with Big Yella.

I'm also still Cimexing carpets that were going to be replaced a decade or so ago.

Learn to use it properly, (St Petersburg is just down the road from you), and you won't regret it.

It's got me beat how Rick Gelinas keeps building his business with this equipment if it's so bad. :oldrolleyes:

Especially with half a dozen chipmunks working for him. :hopeless:

:yoda:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
The Cimex has yet to be dethroned. The only mill that I know of that specifically voids the warranty with a Cimex is C&A (Tandus-Centiva). The rest do not like them but I don't think they will ever go t court over it. I think they are happy that the carpet is actually being maintained.

A lot has to do with the end user. I was called in with one of our customers for a very large chain of theaters that had a claim that the mill was saying was due to the use of 175s and Cimexes. Because the theater bought so much carpet the mill backed down and wrote in their specific warranty the use of 175 and the Cimex was approved.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Marty its a two man machine, not so much for weight but its awkward to grab.

I've horsed it up a enough times to know its a pain by yourself. If you have do it make sure the tank is empty or you'll give yourself a bath.

Reactions: Russ T.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I love the cimex but it is extremely heavy. Plan on forking out another $400 for a ramp to load it. The big boy wheel kit may help but it's an extra cost too.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Marty its a two man machine, not so much for weight but its awkward to grab.

I've horsed it up a enough times to know its a pain by yourself. If you have do it make sure the tank is empty or you'll give yourself a bath.

I second that. I'm alone so I never look forward to load/unload but I've been doing it for a year.

My mom used to say "Where there's a will, there's a way" and I prove her theory whenever I load that thing!

The Clean Machine

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I second that. I'm alone so I never look forward to load/unload but I've been doing it for a year.

My mom used to say "Where there's a will, there's a way" and I prove her theory whenever I load that thing!
The Clean Machine
Shorty showed a few years ago how he uses a big rubber bungee and it helps hold the head up to the handle. That helps, at least you don't have to worry about the head pinching your fingers.

DSC_0334_zpsd8f7f7ac.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
veje3upa.jpg

Big Yella is eating it up again today!

I'd never attempt this kind if production on CGD in a building this large.

Helps us stay competitive with our pricing too.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I know how a Cimex works, but don't understand why it works better than a 175/300. Both have spinning discs, and a 21" and maybe even a 17" rotary has a bigger disc surface area than the three smaller discs of a Cimex. What makes the magic?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom