Is this annoying?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I decided to add a pop-up with the LiveChat feature after a person has been on our site for 20 seconds. It basically pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen allowing the user to chat with us to ask about pricing/services. It is not a separate additional window such as pop-up ad.

Would someone give me their opinion, besides for JimmyL and Marty on what they think of this? :) Sorry you'll have to waste 20 seconds on our site to see it pop up. www.naturaldry.com

I'm hoping to drive more business with this as we don't get as many clicks as I would like to our other pages - besides for the online booking page. I'm hoping if I can get potential customers to interact with the chat more, I can get them booked. Current people clicking on the LiveChat (initiating it themselves), I've had 90% success in booking them online after chatting through the feature.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I think you already know it's annoying... but you're asking is it so annoying that the few who will interact with this feature, and are almost guaranteed to be customers... Is it worth it to have so many click away after 20 seconds to get a couple more customers a day? I wouldn't do it because you already have a nice and obvious chat with us! blue bar at the bottom of the page. The door bell sound is really annoying and if the sound was up the chihuahuas would be charging the front door :-) But I'm sure your web guy will measure results and that will tell the story definitively.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
One of the guys that works for me. We each have a log in so whoever can answer if needed. For now I'm the only one going to be responding to the chats. I just would rather use the techs log ins. Don't need to be more popular than I already am.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I'm wondering if I should leave that little hand with the talk here thing and prevent it from popping up after 20 seconds. Since it is noticeable that they can chat with us. I didn't realize it had a bell, I have had the audio off on the computer.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Will, you seem to be a bright guy about these tech things. I hate pop ups when I'm not looking for extra info and I love them when I am. I think you just need to monitor it for a while and maybe do some true customer surveys with people that used it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I don't mind the chat box if it pops up silently, in a corner out of the way, ready if I need it. If it makes any sound whatsoever that I didn't initiate, if it follows me around getting in the way of everything I try to look at, or if there's no quick, obvious and easy way to make it go away then I'm out of here.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
When I clicked on the link, the pop-up was already there. It doesn't get in the way of the site information on a computer screen, but might be annoying on a mobile screen.

I always like to follow leaders in web design, you know, the people that have money, skills, or interest to track everything. They've found that a small side ribbon that says "questions?" or "chat" is least annoying and provides good response. Most annoying are the pictures of generic people that follow you as you scroll and the chat window pop-up that blocks part of the screen.

However you choose to do this (and I think it's a good idea) make sure there's an x that lets the user kill the chat flag if they don't want to see it.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I think the "x" should bleed out all over the popup, along with a horrible dying gurgle.

Other than that, no problem!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom