is this legit or a scam

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
here's a notification is got:
mot sure if I should click on the link cuz I don't know what I did wrong and think it's a scam.
What's your thought @FredC ?

Screenshot_20240818_005601_Facebook.jpg

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Hi there,

I'm glad you reached out to discuss this issue before proceeding. When it comes to notifications like the one you received, there are several things you can consider in determining whether or not it's a scam:

1. Check the sender name and email address: The first step is to look at who sent you the notification. Be wary if the address is a string of numbers and letters or if it looks like an attempt to mimic a trustworthy source.

2. Use of generic greetings: Illegitimate notifications often begin with generic greetings like "Dear User" or "Dear Customer," rather than using your name.

3. Spelling and grammar: poor grammar, awkward wording, or spelling mistakes are often red flags for scam emails.

4. Urgency: Scammers often create a sense of urgency to get you to act quickly without thinking. In reality, most reputable sources will give you ample time to respond to any urgent issues.

5. Link: Never click on any embedded links from unverified sources. You can hover over a link to see where it will lead you. If it's not leading to a familiar or official website, don't click.

If any of these points raise your suspicion, I recommend you ignore the notification and, if possible, report it as suspicious to your email provider or the company the email is impersonating. And remember, it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
It’s like Russia and Greece calling me every single day, what do they hope to achieve. I have caller ID, which I guess they don’t know🙄 right on my watch😉

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Thank you @Fred-- you are always adding value to MB. 🙏 🙂

This one almost had me fooled and took up about 30 minutes of my time.
It came over FB notifications, complete with Meta's address in Menlo Park.
and I received it three times from different senders.
It came after I boosted an advertisement and a customer liked and gave a review of my business.

In Bangkok the other day an Indian guy approached me in the Grocery store with a sob story while showing his healing stab wound, asking for money.
I quickly said I couldn't help him-- so many scammers from India and I was scammed by them in my 1st year of traveling to Thailand.

Reactions: FredC

FredC

Village Idiot
Like at @hogjowl said there are language clues like kindly along with the fact that the url is to a site that is not FB...it would be facebook notifying you

and of course you probably would know if you were infringing on a copyright/trademark....which would also be noted

a lot of times you can see the other hundred folks they sent it to/tagged too when they use a post instead of messenger

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Honestly, It would be good for me to spend less time on FB and in The Rubber room.

They waste so much of my time and energy.
Good thing I stopped listening to Alex Jones and others.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74
Back
Top Bottom