Any tips to improve cuff performance?

Luky

Name
Mario
Thank you for all the replies.
I should have asked the first question a little different.
I realize going to 6 flow I will get better dry times are there any other benefits?
What are the benefits of higher flow?
Faster heat?
better flushing resulting in less cleaning passes?
Anything I might not have considered?
Would moving the 8 flow wand give similar results?

I am finally have time to get the new jets today and have been happy with the results of 6 flow for many years. The wand came with 8 flow and I have read high flow is the way to go for years. Thought I would be able to decrease the time cleaning with the same results.

I was only suffocating the system at each length to determine if I had any unnoticed air leaks. Once I knew the hoses were good I did my HG t yearsesting with the wand
I have nothing against the #6 flow, I have two jet wand with that and because is shorter and lighter (6.6 lbs) I use it in tighter spaces. For my rat nast restaurants , I use 13.5 wide, 6 jet wand at #10 flow. I like to believe that rinsing is better, faster. Some of the guys use even higher flow and they're happy with that. If you have power to extract, why not. I'm firm believer in three parts of cleaning pie; heat, great juice and agitation. Sure you can skip one of the features, but there is always trade of. If you use great chemistry, you an ease up on heat or agitation. I don't advertise much, I'm trying to convince my preferred client that faster way to clean the carpet is not always the way . Once you're OCD about the carpet cleaning, you'll stay OCD.
Thanks for the reply.

Luky

Name
Mario
I have nothing against the #6 flow, I have two jet wand with that and because is shorter and lighter (6.6 lbs) I use it in tighter spaces. For my rat nast restaurants , I use 13.5 wide, 6 jet wand at #10 flow. I like to believe that rinsing is better, faster. Some of the guys use even higher flow and they're happy with that. If you have power to extract, why not. I'm firm believer in three parts of cleaning pie; heat, great juice and agitation. Sure you can skip one of the features, but there is always trade of. If you use great chemistry, you an ease up on heat or agitation. I don't advertise much, I'm trying to convince my preferred client that faster way to clean the carpet is not always the way . Once you're OCD about the carpet cleaning, you'll stay OCD.
Thanks for the reply.
1726084924968.png

We're not proud of jobs like this, but #10 flow made it happen faster with less effort. I want to encourage you to stay away from jobs like this. If you're going to experiment, get yourself a 25-foot section of 3/8" pressure line and witness the power of rinse with less Psi.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
View attachment 128438
We're not proud of jobs like this, but #10 flow made it happen faster with less effort. I want to encourage you to stay away from jobs like this. If you're going to experiment, get yourself a 25-foot section of 3/8" pressure line and witness the power of rinse with less Psi.

Like with everything, there's a trade-off when using bigger hoses.. Steamway users were used to 3/8" line, more flow/less pressure, but heavier on the user.. Same with vacuum hoses to an extent..

Then you have the VLM crowd..

Reactions: Cleanworks

Luky

Name
Mario
Like with everything, there's a trade-off when using bigger hoses.. Steamway users were used to 3/8" line, more flow/less pressure, but heavier on the user.. Same with vacuum hoses to an extent..

Then you have the VLM crowd..
Yep, one of my competitors uses 2.5" vacuum hoses, probably with a short 2" whip to the wand. I'm surprised I didn't see a 3/8" solution line. Since they're working off the live reels, carrying it to the 4th floor would be hard.

Luky

Name
Mario
That should be done on every job
Whether you see the need

You've been here once or twice, spoken like a true American. I use 2-4 jet wands. I have a Prochem quad with 01 jets that I use in the shop for certain rugs. Never clogs because I have a filter before the trigger valve. I have several 4 jet wands where I use .15 jets for a 6 flow. You can use whatever you want but it's pretty obvious to most people that the more water you use, the longer things will take to dry.

I really meant once or twice. I visited friends from Europe in Hamilton.
I thought we weren't discussing clogging problems from the flow direction ( lint and such). We all learned early on to have sets of filters
( at QD and the jets) . I'm more concerned about clogging the jets because of the debris flying from the carpet. That's when jets with 01 openings are vulnerable. Even though I have three wands on any job, I'm not playing mechanic while hitting 10 K sqft.
When you have trouble to see from one end of the restaurant to the other , than you realize that two jet wand or #6 flow isn't sufficient.

20240808_025800.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I really meant once or twice. I visited friends from Europe in Hamilton.
I thought we weren't discussing clogging problems from the flow direction ( lint and such). We all learned early on to have sets of filters
( at QD and the jets) . I'm more concerned about clogging the jets because of the debris flying from the carpet. That's when jets with 01 openings are vulnerable. Even though I have three wands on any job, I'm not playing mechanic while hitting 10 K sqft.
When you have trouble to see from one end of the restaurant to the other , than you realize that two jet wand or #6 flow isn't sufficient.

View attachment 128440
That's when you break out the Zipper

Luky

Name
Mario
That's when you break out the Zipper
It would be pointless to continue this debate since I have 20 commercial accounts, and you don't ( I assume that based on your eloquently framed response)
I can use the Zipper or something similar in the open, but I must dance around tables and booths. With Zipper, it's not possible.
Here's a packed up Bonzer ready to ship to Canada or worldwide .

20240911_213142.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It would be pointless to continue this debate since I have 20 commercial accounts, and you don't ( I assume that based on your eloquently framed response)
I can use the Zipper or something similar in the open, but I must dance around tables and booths. With Zipper, it's not possible.
Here's a packed up Bonzer ready to ship to Canada or worldwide .

View attachment 128442
I have quite a few more than 20 commercial accounts. I don't do restaurants though. I don't do late nights, early mornings or people who don't want to pay my prices for grungy restaurants. I leave that stuff to the hungry guys.

Reactions: hogjowl
Back
Top Bottom