It's time to update these inline sprayers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
@scottw and whoever makes the one with the coin shaped dial. I'm tired of having to fix the o-rings on the dial, and the HF is always getting out of wack with the spring getting wore out inside. These $200+ sprayers are junk! Even the cheapo ones that are preset at 9:1 are always going bad also. And who put the RED thread lock on the QC on the one with the dial? freaking idiots! Just use thread tape so we can take these things off when needed. I have about ten of these in my shed that I'm using for parts when the new ones break down. Yes, I'm rinsing them out and I'm not using them when my water is scalding hot. Try another excuse

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ugh

54C7A18D-DB2F-4861-AD9D-A6DBAB4F93C0.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Don't use the adjustable ones. I have 2 that I use every day. One is 4-1 which I use for powders and the other is 8-1 which use I use for liquids. Don't mix your powder in the hydro-force. Mix in a pail and pour it off.
THere's been a few times I've bought those and they never even worked

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Can you give me the link to the exact one you buy and from whom?
I don't have a link but the 2 I am using now we're bought from my Prochem disty. They both are manufactured by Hydra-force. There are no moving parts, what happens most of the time is they clog up with detergent residue. Rinsing with vinegar helps to clear out all that residue. I use a Hydra-force on 95% of all my jobs. Most effective, hottest, quickest way to prespray. I am sure if you are buying the original from a reputable disty, it will work fine. I have heard lots complaints about the rotary dials. Make sure your dilution ratios are what the manufacturer recommends or less. If it works for Saiger, I don't why it won't work for you.

steve_64

John Olsen just had one on sale. I got one but still haven't used it. I replace them yearly it seams like. No problems till they start dripping on your hands from the valve. And I mix my powder in the hydroforce container with hot water.

By the time they start leaking they look cruddy anyway.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
all in-lines...
unreliable
PITA to mix powders strong
Too many variables cause inconsistency
you spray a room and half before you realize they're not working

other than that...they're great :icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think it's funny how some of you look at me like a beginner in this. 16years over here messing with these stupid things. I'm tired of overpriced junk

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Every 4-5 years they go bad but other than that they seem reliable. I never use the ones with the dials just a set dilution ratio- more dependable. The hotter the water, the less chem it draws.

Mark does not use the Hydroforce ones he buys his from MultiSpray (I think, some company in MN anyhow). Though I think they all use the same siphon unit which is where the problems start.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I love my non adjustable HF. Never tried the adjustable one.

Yes, I've had to replace some.

It is frustrating to buy a bunch of over priced parts and try to fix one and have it work just as bad, but it keeps me from pumping.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I love my non adjustable HF. Never tried the adjustable one.

Yes, I've had to replace some.

It is frustrating to buy a bunch of over priced parts and try to fix one and have it work just as bad, but it keeps me from pumping.
I agree. I've used both over the years several times, and from my memory, the non adjustable does last longer. I'll switch over as soon as this last adjustable one breaks. Probably tomorrow

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree. I've used both over the years several times, and from my memory, the non adjustable does last longer. I'll switch over as soon as this last adjustable one breaks. Probably tomorrow
Take Jimmy's advice, carry a small pail with a mark at the 1 gallon line, a mixing stick and a funnel. Mix your powder in the pail and pour into the hydro-force.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Multi sprayer brand.

Don't get the adjustable version.

Get the one with the yellow Tip in it and take that out.

Get an extra Dema valve and keep in the truck. When it goes bad you will be ready... Then order another Dema valve to have in your truck repair kit (like about every three years)

JonDon has the Multi Sprayer private labeled as Powerforce II

I am now using their new six quart version. Not sure if JonDon has on their website but a cool new feature taking out the hard inline brass tube.

Keep in mind there is a filter coming into the Multi Sprayer brand high pressure sprayer and also another filter at the end of the wand by the jet.

https://www.jondon.com/powerforce-ii-sprayer-250-1-000-psi.html

20181108_131949.jpg 20181108_131942.jpg 20181108_131938.jpg 20181108_131926.jpg 20181108_132009.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Looks like it's exactly the same dema valve as the hydro-force. I leave the yellow tip in for my liquids but remove it for my powders. I adjust the dilution ratio accordingly.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'll have to check mine to make sure it's not made in china or something. So far, they have been very reliable. I usually keep 2 on the truck and for large jobs, extra jugs I can just swap out. Fastest way to get a good prespray down. 4-1 for code Red, 8-1 for procyon extreme.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom