Joe Bernich Facebook advertising Is this worthwhile?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just listened to a webinar on the Pro Cleaners network.
The guest was Joe Burnich, here's the website

http://carpetcleaningwebsites.net/
The seminar was on Facebook marketing and buying 5.- a day ads for it and about finding just the right way to generate interest that way.
I got to the webinar late(I had a job) I missed about half of it. But what I heard sounded interesting.
Of course I get calls and e-mails everyday from different companies and they all promise that if I advertise with them the jobs will just start coming in and I will be a millionaire be the end of the year.
I can dismiss all of that as BS but i know that I have to advertise somewhere to build my business.So I'd like to have an open mind without setting myself up to get taken advantage of.
I'm doing OK so far. Lots of referrals, some Angie's list, some face book ( I did start a business page), some from cold calling, some from door to door marketing. My business is growing slowly but I really would like to give it a boost.
So my question is:
Is the Joe Bunrich course on facebook legit, does anybody here use his program or are there better ways to learn about Facebook marketing?

Mikey P

Administrator
I think that Joe guy stills clean carpet.

I have o idea how he could be out cleaning and run a web company like the testimonials says he does.

Maybe one of you PCN'rs could invite him here to tell us more.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
My question would be what is joe's role?
One time fee to teach you or a monthly fee forever?

If you look back in this forum someone posted a facebook plugin you can use to set up deals on your page, sure others are out there.

Before paying someone you should google the topic or go on youtube, tons of free blogs/how to videos on this stuff. Facebook is pretty cheap right now, so you can test ideas for a couple months until you figure it out.

Definitely worth researching...

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I thought you guys were done endorsing seo wizards?

yes mikey we have learned but he wants to attend. He has written a few articles for the SFS blog. He is not part of the curriculum but I know he will get overwhelmed with questions at every break.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I will jump in on this one.

I have gotten to know Joe over the last 2 years.

He is fulltime doing
1. Web design
2. He has a few select customers he does SEO for. The SEO company is himself and 2 employees.

He runs a one truck carpet cleaning company and has a full time tech doing the cleaning. If you where paying attention on the web presentation His tech came in right at the beginning to hand in the days work and leave.

I had been using other guys for SEO. I found Joe and got his 5 day search program. It helped me get a clear understanding of what SEO is and what the company who is doing my SEO should be doing.

Joe has asked me to do the Facebook ads for the last 3 months but with going fulltime here at my company and moving to a new house I had no time to start a new effort.

I just got it from him last night. I am going to test it. He offered a double your money back guarantee.

I will tell you he is good for it. He did my site and handles my hosting.
He always picks up the phone or he calls back when he sees he missed my call.
I get quick turnaround on site changes.

I would say you should give it a try.

Mike what happen to that video talk you where doing?

I was on one about a year ago. Joe would be happy to come in and share what he is doing. He has never held back on helping me to grow in my understanding of exactly what he is trying to do.

This board should do a weekly video topic. Lots more experience around here.

Tom on Rugs and sports cars
Richard on Water and napping
Ken on marketing and fashion
Mike on Riding
Yeadon on Craft Beers
Marty on handling your negative impulses and winning.
What a line up!!

Last edited:

jburnich

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Burnich
Hey Tom, thanks for inviting me on. I've been hesitant to get on the board in the past because I didn't want to come off as another "SEO Wizard" hawking my snake oil.

But let's talk about Facebook. Does it work? Yes, it will work every time for every cleaner in every city and you will have 5 new trucks running full time by the end of the year. All you have to do is buy my product, right?

Come on, let's get real. Just like any other form of marketing, there are no magic bullets, but the Facebook Ads I've been running for my cleaning business the past few months are bringing a good 3 to 5 calls per week. The total weekly cost is $25. Not a bad ROI.

You can do this without my product and I show you how on this video: http://carpetcleaningwebsites.net/facebook-advertising-the-code-has-been-cracked/

The product I'm selling is a set of videos that shows detailed step-by-step how I do it along with some ready to go ads and some phone scripts.

Let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: Derek

jburnich

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Burnich
Thanks Mikey. Ya, let's get this conversation started.

Who has tried Facebook Ads? What has worked? Or not worked?

I find that the Sidebar Ads work for getting Likes, but not jobs.

Newsfeed Ads work great for direct response, but you have to include a funny picture (pets work great) to get their attention and then pitch them with the text above the pic.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Ok..

So how do I get house wives to like my facebook page who could give a rats ass about carpet cleaning 364 days a year?

Would you like to take control of my page and use it as an example of what YOU can do to boost results to the crowd here?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
welcome Joe. thanks for the free how-to video's. you helped me tweak my site a lot. good stuff.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Facebook has been a tough nut to crack for me. I've ran several ads with not that much response and getting housewife to FB their friends has been next to impossible.

jburnich

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Burnich
Dave, are you running Sidebar Ads (Get more Likes) or Newsfeed Ads (Page/Post Ads)? Its makes a big difference.

Also, when you run the Newsfeed Ad you need to entertain them before pitching an offer. I do this with funny Memes that are somehow related to carpets or rugs.

So an analogy would be this:

You are sitting at a bar having a beer with your buddy. Then all of a sudden someone comes up and sticks a flyer in your face and says, "Hey guys, I do carpet cleaning give me a call today!" - That would probably just annoy the hell out of you, but that's how most businesses are advertising on Facebook.

Here is the alternative:

You are sitting at a bar having a beer with your buddy. Then all of a sudden someone comes up and says, "Hey guys, do you want to hear a funny joke?" He tells the joke, you laugh and then he says, "By the way, I clean carpets. Here is my card. Let me know if you ever need anything." - That would increase the chances of you calling him especially if you are currently in the market for clean carpets.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I really trust everybody on this board and most of what I know I learned from somebody here.
So I'm really happy that this thread is getting started here on this board.Thanks Joe, for participating. Your webinar sounded interesting but I only got the last half hour. Now that I have a website I get calls every day telling me "do this ...do that, it's only this much per month and you'll be on top of the list and working non stop....".
My business is still small with limited funds for advertising so making the right choices is important.
For me the first attempt to start the Facebook thing was creating a personal page and friending everybody I could find. A big stab in the dark:) Pretty quickly I got warned by facebook about friending people I don't have a connection to. So now I know that personal pages are not the way to go. A friend showed me how to set up a business page. It is not dialed in yet but two jobs came out of it already. So I believe there is money to be made with that....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave, are you running Sidebar Ads (Get more Likes) or Newsfeed Ads (Page/Post Ads)? Its makes a big difference.

Also, when you run the Newsfeed Ad you need to entertain them before pitching an offer. I do this with funny Memes that are somehow related to carpets or rugs.

So an analogy would be this:

You are sitting at a bar having a beer with your buddy. Then all of a sudden someone comes up and sticks a flyer in your face and says, "Hey guys, I do carpet cleaning give me a call today!" - That would probably just annoy the hell out of you, but that's how most businesses are advertising on Facebook.

Here is the alternative:

You are sitting at a bar having a beer with your buddy. Then all of a sudden someone comes up and says, "Hey guys, do you want to hear a funny joke?" He tells the joke, you laugh and then he says, "By the way, I clean carpets. Here is my card. Let me know if you ever need anything." - That would increase the chances of you calling him especially if you are currently in the market for clean carpets.

Mainly I was doing sidebars and a few sponsored stories. Here is one I just made using your formula: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Carpet-Upholstery-Cleaning/114176015293956 ( It was approved in about 2 minutes)

jburnich

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Burnich
Dave, I think your on the right track. Let me know how that one goes. I typically will have some funny text on the pic (Meme style). Check out the latest: https://www.facebook.com/missoulagreencarpetcleaning

Also, make sure you switch them up every morning. Facebook will show it to more people if you keep it fresh.

Also, the $99 special seems to grab attention. Most of the jobs end up being much more when we present the different package deals over the phone.

jburnich

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Burnich
Roxy, there is definitely some money to be made with Facebook business pages. You just have to manage your expectations and be willing to play with it for a couple of weeks. And it's only $5/day so your not going to break the bank.

I think the whole idea of targeting specific types of clients is the future of marketing.

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
Just wanted to say that I live in the same town as Joe Burnich and he has always been a stand up ethical guy. He is more into marketing now then carpet cleaning.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Just wanted to say that I live in the same town as Joe Burnich and he has always been a stand up ethical guy. He is more into marketing now then carpet cleaning.

Will that is the highest form of praise when it comes from a competitor. Very classy on your part.

Mikey P

Administrator
I talked to Joe yesterday.

Nice guy
I'm going to implement some of his design thoughts onto my FB page as well as doing a little advertising on there to test the waters.

jburnich

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Burnich

Hey Will, thanks for the kinds words. We need to get together one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom