Judson o2 rinse users..

Mikey P

Administrator
is it just me or does this stuff really help the carpet dry quicker?

the new formula is 16oz per 5 gal jug and metered at 2 to 3.

this is not a paid advertisement.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
A disty once told me that acid rinses will speed up dry times.

I was amazed at how fast my living room carpet dried yesterday using an acid rinse.

It was dry to the touch in less time than it took me to service my blower.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Kleenrite's PCX powder contained IPA also and I swore it dried carpets faster.
But researching the why led me to the fact that IPA will knock down any foam in your vac lines and thus increase suction and less turbulance leading to faster dry times.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I spoke with Joe Domin many years ago about IPA and faster drying times. He said to make any significant difference you'd have to have such a higher percentage of IPA that it would be a fire hazard.

He suggested it was something else such as lower grains or and or better air movement was responsible for producing better dry times. :?:

I've never used the O2 so it maybe be different, I think the product was a Steamaction product that we questioned at the time.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've not noticed the correlation, but many times I can feel that the carpet is damp but I can't get any moisture transfer to my hand. Whether thats the O2 rinse or the efficiency of the system, hard to tell.
I'm not going to knock it.

I did notice a softer hand to the carpet.

A friend uses Fibre Rinse, and he also only has 2" hose on his Cleanco , no 2.5". We have the same blower, 4.7, he has more horsepower on his whereas mine seems to drop in rpms a little, but I'm running more lift.
Both using a greenhorn wand around the same psi, his carpets are always a little more damp than mine.

Rinse may be a factor, equipment is another, along with method of wanding.

what's IPA?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if your system is able to remove the rinse water to a certain point, wouldn't the IPA have more of an effect?
ie would require a LOT of IPA to evaporate a puddle of water, but if it were spread very thin, wouldn't it have greater effect?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have already made the deposit before the carpets are dry

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Art Kelley said:
[quote="George III":24r11y9f]It was dry to the touch in less time than it took me to service my blower.

So you made everyone happy.[/quote:24r11y9f]

I got my blower serviced and momma got her rug cleaned. :oops:

get ur minds out of the gutters!!! :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
IPA knocks down FOAM in your vac hose and thus increases vacuum..................contributing to better dry times.

:shock:

ouija-board-movie.jpg

JudsonMuleAd.jpg

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
can't argue experience..

dries faster AND prevents wick back...my dad said that is silly but I have seen many of u post it also....accounts u use 02 rinse on CGD DON'T have wick backs...ones that you don't use 02 rinse HAVE wickbacks..

hogjowl

Idiot™
Your Dad is right. The wick back prevention thing IS silly.

And, I am not saying the rapid drying thing is real either ... it may just be wishful thinking ... but I think it's the real deal.

Mikey P

Administrator
well, faster drying would help prevent wicking now wouldn't it?

put an airpath or snail fan down for just a few minutes and watch and feel it dry super quick

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suppose .... it makes good intuitive sense ... but seriously ... how often have you really experienced wicking issues over the years?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
back in the day we had to use defoamer because the alcohol based product would cause more foam not less.
maybe it was the product and not the alcohol but that's what i thought. i doubt any product is going to make a significant difference in dry time. it's your stroke and machine that really matter. all you guys seem to have 1 hr dry times so i don't think i would worry. :lol:

gene

Back
Top Bottom