Just call me Molly.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
danielc said:

Do they really want $400 for that vibrating tool? Is it that good?

that's a top of line professional tool, Greenie
all Fein tools are.

it's not really a "vibrating" tool.
It's a short quick saw stoke

Dremel has a grout bit and attachment for the regular dremel tool.
They also came out with a new multi tool similar to the Fein
(but MUCH less power and durability)

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Other tub done yesterday (notice the proper technique of before and afters)

shower2013.jpg

shower2006.jpg

shower2008.jpg

shower2011.jpg

shower2009.jpg

shower2010.jpg

and some foreplay for Vince.

shower2001.jpg

shower2002.jpg

shower2003.jpg

shower2004.jpg

shower2007.jpg

and a the promised chimp's eye view of Grout Perfect in action

th_shower2012-1.jpg

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've never seen the painters tape used to make perfect caulk lines. Nice.

Is it painters tape, or that other stuff you have cut in half?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I do a horrible job when I have to caulk. What is the easiest caulk to use? Whats the trick to gettin it smooth and lookin nice? How do you get the tape lines straight? Where do you get the lime away gel?

Golden Boy

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Gee Waldo, as much as I hear you talking about caulk :shock: , I figured you new it like the back of your hand.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Yes I have used the blue tape before. i have a bathroom I painted to prove I can not tape straight. If I need something caulked I call a plumber.

Golden Boy

C

clean image

so Molly,

no seam sealer, caulk for the spout or valve discussion plate?

ya know water's gettin in there

having enough trouble with straight lines with blue tape that circles are out out of the question?

looks like you use a caulk gun to apply, inconsistant bead, i like the smaller tubes, exact razor cut the tip, apply near perfect, and use "a spray" sold at lowes, to smooth, this product, like another i got at coverings, will not allow the silicone to stick to the tile. so use carefully

carl

Mikey P

Administrator
clean image said:
so Molly,

no seam sealer, caulk for the spout or valve discussion plate?

ya know water's gettin in there

having enough trouble with straight lines with blue tape that circles are out out of the question?

looks like you use a caulk gun to apply, inconsistant bead, i like the smaller tubes, exact razor cut the tip, apply near perfect, and use "a spray" sold at lowes, to smooth, this product, like another i got at coverings, will not allow the silicone to stick to the tile. so use carefully

carl

Spout and plate are getting replaced.

I'll try the tubes, thanks!

safeclean

Instead of using the blue tape try and use a popsical stick (paddle pop stick) that way all you have to do is cut the right size whole run your bead and than use the stick to tool with works very well for me as I use to use the blue tape all the time but no need to anymore.

Craig

safeclean

The finger works well but you get a better uniform line with a paddle pop stick I still use my finger for the corners though and neutral cleaner not saliva yuk.

Craig

Great job. Could you explain briefly how you restored the tile? I have been turning down jobs because simply cleaning a shower stall does not get satisfactory results for me. What do you do if the grout is chipped or stained?

Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
No "restoration" was doe to the tile other than cleaning.

Grout is easily repaired if stained or missing. Dig out the damaged stuff, mix up some fresh using a acrylic additive/modifier instead of water.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Mikey, about how much area would one of those bottles of cs cover, I looked on gs website, couldn't find any info. Thx

Gary T

To answer a few questions. Like concrete, grout does not stick to grout. I use an additive and remove a minimum of 2/3 the depth of the grout line as advised by the TCNA.

Don't use the Dremel rotary to remove grout. It makes a dusty mess due to the speed of the tool. Dremel just released a tool very similar to the Fein multimaster. There are are a few guys on DirtyGrout testing them. They should do fine if they are not used daily and only for repairs, not complete regrouts, as I don't believe they are as durable as the Feins. They run about $100.

I like Laticrete Latasil 100% silicone for caulking ANYTHING. GE is a very distant 2nd best. Do not use DAP, it stinks, and is very difficult do use and clean up and really is not a good caulk. Do not use latex, acrylic, or siliconized latex. They will all crack and mildew. If you will be caulking showers, use the best possible 100% silicone caulk.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
This Thread is awsome. Never thought about doing bathrooms to much. and seeing mikey on his knees priceless.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
mikey what chems are you using to clean the tubs? tile and gout cleaner also?

Gary T

I get Latasil caulk from Century Tile here in Il. Not sure who carries it out there. Floorlife.com has it. I usually use Laticrete Bonding Admix. Really any grout admix will work.

Mikey P

Administrator
C&S said:
mikey what chems are you using to clean the tubs? tile and gout cleaner also?

Have an assortment of acids and alks on hand. Lots of stuff at your hardware store works fine.

Most home owners are just too lazy or old to roll up their sleeves and scrub.

Make sure to have Magic Al's non acid soap scum remover on hand for stone stalls.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom