Just finished E-myth

Beeks

Name
J.R.
and im glad to see i have already been implementing things that are suggested in the book

anyone have another business minded book that is a must read?

JeffC

Name
Jeff
If you go to the www.sfs.jondon.com under “Big Billy’sbooks and Blogs” Bill Yeadon has a very long list of must read books withreviews. When Bill’s not sipping frou frou drinks at Starbucks he’s got his nose in a book. Lots of great information on this site.

Enjoy!
Jeff

Reactions: Beeks

Beeks

Name
J.R.
yea i have that website saved to my toolbar, huge fan, and can attribute much of my recent success to them, thanks for the input!

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
The entrepreneur
The manager
The technician

Great book when applied. It's hard transitioning when you enjoy being a technician.

Chuck Shew

Name
Chuck Shew
I really enjoyed reading "From Good to Great" it is not really how to run your business it is more a study of the characteristics of what makes a great leader. Not a bid deal for a owner/operator, it is still a very interesting book.
Chuck

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
These are all great books. My current favorite is To Sell is Human by Dan Pink. I am giving a presentation based on the book this morning in Clearwater Beach. Anything by Dan Pink is good.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bought both and got free shipping from Amazon!

Thanks Ofer and Bill please stop for like a year and let me catch up! :winky: j/k I always appreciate you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Discover your Sales Strengths

One of my favorites, think it is important to figure out what your unique skills are and build a business around them. Some cleaners are great at upselling and others not soo much, can still build a great business either way.
The hard part is taking the time and being honest.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Dave Ramsey "Entre leadership" is a great one. He covers all aspects of hiring and keeping the best employees and making them feel like it is thier business.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Joseph.
That book is awesome. Takes time to implement but well worth it.
Also his suggestion of the way the business owner should see his business is very helpful.

team chile

Name
Frank Jacob
For the marketing side of your business, I recommend reading "Duct Tape Marketing" by John Jantsch. It has an endorsement from Micheal Gerber.

infamousdave

Name
Dave
I agree with Duct Tape Marketing. From a pure marketing standpoint the book that forever changed the way I think about marketing is "22 immutable laws of Marketing" by Al Ries and Jack Trout.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
so many great ideas, not sure which one to buy, here is a little about me and maybe you guys can point me to the one that will be the best for where i am.

in business coming up on one year
not having a problem with getting jobs as we stay booked out for at least a week at a time
just hired a full time tech and i am still in the field
goal is to have a 4-5 truck operation

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Beeks send me an email and I will send you a document with reviews on about 30 books and the you can select which would be most
appropriate for you. The one I would select for you would be Influence: the psychology of persuasion by Robert cialdini

billy@jondon.com

Reactions: Beeks

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Bill would you send me that list also. Please!

Thank you! :icon_cool:
Yeah, sure. Like you are going to read ANY of them!

Steve

PS Seriously, Richard, some of the books on Bill's list have words with more than two syllables and NO PICTURES! (I'm not sure if Bill actually reads them or just puts them on his fancy list!)

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I read hundreds and hundreds of these books over the years, really find you pick up something from each one. No silver bullet.

Unfortunately the internet ruined my brain and now i need to do 3 things at once, cant sit in quiet anymore and read.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I read hundreds and hundreds of these books over the years, really find you pick up something from each one. No silver bullet.

Unfortunately the internet ruined my brain and now i need to do 3 things at once, cant sit in quiet anymore and read.

Well you got one over former president Ford, who supposedly could not chew gum and fart at the same time.
I see a lot of potential in you Shane :winky:

Back
Top Bottom