just learned why fliers dont work!

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I had a little time in between jobs so i went to a townhouse neighborhood and put door hangers out. Half way though a guy comes out after me and says (to the effect) what the heck are you doing, why you trying to get into my house. Huh? You put this in my door and then tried to open my door by jiggiling my door handel! Sorry sir i didnt do that i put the flier in the door and pushed it i to the space. I didnt touch your door.
Wow that made me want to go to eddm. Let the ups and fedex get yelled at. As an interesting inclusion, i was walking the entire neighborhood with my iphone playing a podcast over the speaker, wearing a company shirt, and just answered a phone call in the street saying my company name hanging up in his driveway, putting fliers on everyones doors. i think that makes me a pretty bad theif if i wanted to steal from someones house.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Door Hangers never caught my attention. If I can't hand deliver the flier to the customer themselves, then EDDM is the only way to go

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
EDDM, one of the best things the post office did for small business.

Name
Nate W.
There have been reports here regarding people going door-to-door saying they're with the fire department.... Looking around the peoples houses and asking them when is a good time to go through there house...

Others say it's painters making like they're soliciting work but really casing the joint..... I think flyers and/or door hangers are pretty tacky (sorry @Able 1 )... I'd rather look into EEDM and work on more exposure.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Some people are just too paranoid today. Last year I was cleaning the common areas in my own building and I run into two cops in the lobby. They ask if i've seen any strangers in the building? A resident called the police just because someone knocked on his door. It turned out to be a tradesman who was working in the suite next door and wanted to let them know that there would be a little noise from his work. If someone knocks on your door, answer the damn thing. Don't call the fooking police

Reactions: Onfire_02_01

Able 1

Name
Keith
There have been reports here regarding people going door-to-door saying they're with the fire department.... Looking around the peoples houses and asking them when is a good time to go through there house...

Others say it's painters making like they're soliciting work but really casing the joint..... I think flyers and/or door hangers are pretty tacky (sorry @Able 1 )... I'd rather look into EEDM and work on more exposure.....
Area to area, we might be quite different.. I would never do door hangers, but we have paper boxes here that is fair game. People don't even know where they got my flyer from, but it's sitting right there on their kitchen table!!

Name
Nate W.
Some people are just too paranoid today. Last year I was cleaning the common areas in my own building and I run into two cops in the lobby. They ask if i've seen any strangers in the building? A resident called the police just because someone knocked on his door. It turned out to be a tradesman who was working in the suite next door and wanted to let them know that there would be a little noise from his work. If someone knocks on your door, answer the damn thing. Don't call the fooking police

Some times its best to not be considerate and just do the work......:lol:

I've had a few of those.....:yawn:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think door hangers are great in apartment bldgs. Word it to say something like "we have been doing work in your bldg..." it gives you a little trust factor.

F

FB7777

' Let the UPS and Fedex guys get yelled at"

The distinct,difference is those companies are delivering something the homeowner ordered and were essentially 'invited' on property.

In the summer, not a week or sometimes even a day go by where some "starving college student" isn't tucking trash into my mailbox or front door with some offer. I have a No Soliciting sign above my doorbell to disuade the canvassers.

If you're not a starving startup, this method of delivery screams desperate and cheap to me

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.
61BSosJzZOL._SX522_.jpg

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
' Let the UPS and Fedex guys get yelled at"

The distinct,difference is those companies are delivering something the homeowner ordered and were essentially 'invited' on property.

In the summer, not a week or sometimes even a day go by where some "starving college student" isn't tucking trash into my mailbox or front door with some offer. I have a No Soliciting sign above my doorbell to disuade the canvassers.

If you're not a starving startup, this method of delivery screams desperate and cheap to me
Doesnt stop me from hanging a flier. I see selling and fliering as two different things. Selling i am bothering you to get you to buy right now. Fliering i am giving you information for you to look at when you have time and you can call me if you are interested in what i have to offer.

F

FB7777

I guess we just have solicitor fatigue in this area

Wearing a " company shirt" does not guarantee validity

There are numerous scams by thieves wearing bogus attire canvassing neighborhoods looking for the right opportunity. Peoples skepticism is warranted.

No doubt door hangers and fliers are an inexpensive avenue to marketing, as are putting fliers on windshields in parking lots

Just don't beleave it to be the most efficient and professional way to present your company

Able 1

Name
Keith
Desperation is Groupon, Living social, and Valpac.. Looking at flyers from the view of a successful business person it might look desperate, but that is only 10-20 percent that will see it that way. If I was to find another great lead guy I would order 50,000 and put them out till his truck was booked.

One time I had the local big newspaper insert my flyer(5000) just to see how it went, I got one call.. It's best to deliver them on off paper days like Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday and do them when people are working(wind speed under 10mph is a must).

Your flyer has to be professionally made full color and glossy to get the best results. Just did a job from a flyer I delivered 2 years ago, they said they loved it!!

Cold calling is way more intrusive then flyers, I would never cold call.

I'm just telling you guys they work in this area. Again we have "paper boxes" for example:
1465692784975.jpg

Reactions: TomKing

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ok here's one for Mike

I had a few Israelis Avi Saboni and Jay Getti

They worked for me then another company Magic Carpet Care.

They would go into Beverly Hills knock and tell the maids they were there to pick up the rugs.

Unfortunately they were there to steal the rugs.

They did get cought and arrested probably both deported to.

They seamed so nice too.

They probably could've gotten away with it but they were greedy.

Reactions: Mikey P and FB7777

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
You should always call the town you are delivering in to see if you need a license to solicit. Several of ours require it for adults. Kids can still go door to door selling the team and scout stuff. Adults you can be fined.

Remember any thing on a mail box inside or out is a federal offense. THat includes the flag tuck and magnet stuff. The entire box is technically the governments.

Don't let one crappy old guy stop you. If you do not have lots of cash flyers are cheap.

I wouldn't be on my phone or playing music I would try to look as professional and clean cut as possible.

Come to my workshop in Nashville I will give you a better way to do flyers and get more work.

See you there!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I hate people putting crap on my door. That stuff goes right into the trash unseen. Makes me feel invaded. Forcing your marketing is not the best way to market. It results in a very low responce rate.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
F

FB7777

I,agree Dave

It's almost as bad as scumbag bulletin board freeloaders putting links to their websites and trying to market their stupid ideas for free

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
You should always call the town you are delivering in to see if you need a license to solicit. Several of ours require it for adults. Kids can still go door to door selling the team and scout stuff. Adults you can be fined.

Remember any thing on a mail box inside or out is a federal offense. THat includes the flag tuck and magnet stuff. The entire box is technically the governments.

Don't let one crappy old guy stop you. If you do not have lots of cash flyers are cheap.

I wouldn't be on my phone or playing music I would try to look as professional and clean cut as possible.

Come to my workshop in Nashville I will give you a better way to do flyers and get more work.

See you there!
I have never understood the federal offense thing with mail boxes. I get nothing inside because you have to pay to mail letters but nothing on or attached to. Then there is the "property of the US Government" that is stamped on every one. If the government owns it why did I pay for it at the hardware store? Then who is at fault when 2x a winter the county plow comes buy and mangles to unrecognizable my mail box while "plowing snow"?

I would love to learn from you Tom, when it comes to marketing I am an archer in the dark, not my gifting in life. Though a trip to Nashville would be a stretch for me. Perhaps we can talk on the phone or in person at one of the Vegas shows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom