just picked up a prochem legend se

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I just bought a prochem legend se from some friends at a local service master franchise that where updating equipment. around 3200 hours. This is the older model with the 20 horse engine. My friend said the engine may need replaced and the pump may need some work. I think I stole it for 650 bucks! I talked to my tm mechanic and he said you can put a 25 horse in because he suspected the 20 horse may have been working too hard to turn a #4 blower. I will post pics shortly. I am pretty sure the blower and heat exchangers are still good . I dont know much about prochem machines and would love input from anyone who has any experience working on them or maintaining them

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I think the 20 horse is enough. It is working hard but that probably means it makes good heat. A larger engine will last longer but may not give same heat.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
On my XL, the vac outlet beside the Mancini was choking the airflow big time. It meant good heat, but at the expense of extra load on the motor and less airflow.

I bought a sweeping 2.5" bend from Greenie, and had it mounted directly into the waste tank lid directly over the basket and the difference was unbelievable. Less heat, but the motor wasn't working any where near as hard and I got heaps better airflow and quicker dry times.

I also ditched the 11.5" wand that came with it that had 4 flow and bought a greenhorn with 7.5 flow. This also had a slight impact on temperature, but it's a much larger wand and my production improved significantly. No way the machine would have supported that wand or flow on the previous vac outlet design all choked up.

Worth looking into.

John

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have a 21hp on my Boxxer 421 it seems to have plenty of power for the 45 blower. My distributor did say that they replace the 21hp with 25hp (I think), because the cost a little less.

mcatt

Name
Mike
My friend had one for 7,000 hrs with no problems other then a rear main engine seal oil leak which is common with that Kohler.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom