Kelly McCloy :(

John Olson

Name
John Olson
For those that knew him or knew of him, it is with great sorrow that I post this. Kelly has died. I'm more angry then sad as his demons won. I know he came across as a little, well a lot off, but the man was one of the smartest people I have ever known. It is so sad to see that wasted.

I wish I could say I didn't see it coming but the call today wasn't a surprise. :icon_cry: I hope his soul finds peace from whatever was tormenting him.

BSBD Kelly "Pinkie" McCloy....

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
That really sucks to hear. He and Steve worked together for quite a long time, how is Steve taking it? RIP

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That really sucks to hear. He and Steve worked together for quite a long time, how is Steve taking it? RIP
No idea Steven. Cory called the office while I was picking Kade up from school. Don't really want to share much as I only have the info Cory told TW who told Lora. He didn't go on accident :frown: And they didn't find him right away...

mcatt

Name
Mike
Sorry to hear and I didn't know him but he was one of us. God rest his soul.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
holy shit, john, reading this is the first I heard this. I worked with kelly for at least 2 years, I spent many days with him working next to him, in the hell that was working for utah disaster cleanup, you gain a bond, probably similar to fighting in a war with someone. I can say I knew the man very well. Kelly is a man I will never forgot and honestly someone I learned alot of things from. If you looked at me and my life and his you would wonder how in the hell would I learn something from a guy like him by looking at in on the surface. Kelly was one of the most unique person I have ever met. His personal appearance most would think looked like a homeless person. but the guy had a unique outlook on life some of my views have changed as a result of some of his theories about life. He had theories about laws of nature, very deep in subject. come of think of it I wonder who else he told these things, I like to think he viewed me as the only one able to look at such things with an open mind, but yet smart enough to understand. He had given life and its meaning alot of thought and came to many interesting conclusions. This was the side of kelly I don't think many ever saw. He claimed to be a pagan but when his views were really laid out I didn't see them conflict with my LDS beliefs hardly at all. combine this with a serious talent for fixing things. I have never ever met anyone even close to being like kelly.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
That's really rough, I've dealt with that way to many times. My heart goes out to his family and friends. That certainly doesn't make it any easier. :(

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh wow....thats to bad...i liked Kelly...he always seemed "off" but I think that was his way of seeing who you were...

Now I need to get mad at cory for not calling and telling me as well...

randy

Name
Randy
Sorry about your friend, John. How horrible. Prayers to his friends and family members. Never easy to lose someone regardless of the circumstances. Life truly is just a vapor.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
oh wow....thats to bad...i liked Kelly...he always seemed "off" but I think that was his way of seeing who you were...

Now I need to get mad at cory for not calling and telling me as well...

No Doug you don't. It wasn't any fun to make that call and I've made a ****ing lot of them,I'm sure that is why Cory made the one to me. I'm really angry. It was horribly selfish and unfair.

Steve I'm so sorry I didn't call you and talk to you in person I meant to. I made a lot of calls when I got into the office and I just didn't get to you before It was time to leave. Please accept my apologies :(

Mikey P

Administrator
last time I saw Kelly was at Connections a year ago, he handed me a crisp $100 bill and an apology for that guy he hired to run his "Kelly is a Truckmount Gawd" campaign here..

I used that $100 to reimburse John for the room at the Wynn buffet

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sorry to hear this.......

don't we go in threes.......
you kiddies be careful and safe this weekend............

CRESSALL

Name
STEVE CRESSALL
John, no need to appologize. Yesterday certainly was a hectic day. I didn't really want to have to tell anybody. I have mixed emotions about it all, even though we weren't working together anymore.

Steve

James Cooper

Name
James Cooper
sorry to hear this. He posted quite a bit over on the Allstar Board and was always a straight up guy. He always seemed to have some new innovation he was working on, this industry was built on characters like him .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom