Kind of a lot of hose well for me at least.

Ruff Hewn said:
"speed" cleaning at that rate, you prob'ly made some profit on that hotel job

..l.T.A.

We single wanded all of it and made 900 dollars in four hours. Three floors all that long.

Next time I'll bring a second truck and do third floor while help does second and then both of us do first.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
whats that handle on the front of the wand used for......... :?:

that dude would be so fired...his hED would spin.............

WTF are you talking about?

You use the handle when it's needed on thicker carpets or when you need to pick up the wand on each stroke.

Keep your back straight.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Also with just a little effort your solution hose wouldn't have had to lay on that green grass at all

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
or when you need to pick up the wand on each stroke

HOLY SHIT are you crazy............you lose all yor LIFT when yor wand loses contact wit the carpet.....'specialy on a long run like that.......
CC 101
and # 3 he was pushing wit his RIGHT arm....going on a right pass......those are PULL strokes at the very best..........
i worry 'bout some of ya's

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
dc klaatu said:
or when you need to pick up the wand on each stroke

HOLY SHIT are you crazy............you lose all yor LIFT when yor wand loses contact wit the carpet.....'specialy on a long run like that.......
CC 101
and # 3 he was pushing wit his LEFT arm....going on a right pass......those are PULL strokes at the very best..........
i worry 'bout some of ya's

Good way to develpe long term shoulder wrist and finger injury.

That wand handle needs to be moved up a foot or so. Then it can be used in an upright position.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Daniel congrats on a getting a job that paid you well. How long was the run?

When you put a video up like that it invites critique for better or worse.

You can't risk burning the grass so put something underneath the solution line like a danger or wet floor sign that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone (so to speak)
More caution signs especially if hotel is open.
You can have 2 hands on the wand and never have a back problem if you set it up correctly.

I hope you don't take mine or others who made suggestions the wrong way.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
He was using the wand correctly, only need it to keep pulling it over.
The glide allows better use so that pulling back is more efficient.

I just cleaned 3 halls like that, took a little longer for me since I had no helpers. I was out 300ft. Good suction
Only thing I saw to critique was how the hose was laid out by the truck.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
He was using the wand correctly, only need it to keep pulling it over.
The glide allows better use so that pulling back is more efficient.

I just cleaned 3 halls like that, took a little longer for me since I had no helpers. I was out 300ft. Good suction
Only thing I saw to critique was how the hose was laid out by the truck.

What?!? No mention of vacuuming?? Your slippin Ronnie!! J/K

That is a hose run alright....

ascrubabove

next time keep all your hoses on the edge of the sidewalk and strap them to the entrance door handle off the ground to prevent tripping hazards if someone were to come in or out that way

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You will love the Cimex for jobs like that. My Hotels are are vey happy with cimex cleaning. Fast dry times and no wick backs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've been working at a university cleaning student housing and we had (4) trucks running with 300 foot of hose. Great when cleaning but talk about a mess of hose spaghetti at the end. good lord Vawter, just die already.

The crew I was with had one of our Butlers with high heat, that baby was smoking. Popped when you triggered the wand but then again it was 105-plus last week. This week different no more housing different university large meeting rooms and hallways and cooler temps. hey now

Cool Hand Luke said:
We've been working at a university cleaning student housing and we had (4) trucks running with 300 foot of hose. Great when cleaning but talk about a mess of hose spaghetti at the end. good lord Vawter, just die already.

The crew I was with had one of our Butlers with high heat, that baby was smoking. Popped when you triggered the wand but then again it was 105-plus last week. This week different no more housing different university large meeting rooms and hallways and cooler temps. hey now

We use 50' sections, but I'm going to start using 25' sections for various reasons.

I would pull the hose back and when we got to the next connector I would disconnect it and carry it up to the next level. As we worked back the hose was reduced, vacuum stayed good, and the hose was already laid out. WE srayed the worst areas with a pump and everything else got a hot dose of dry slurry. It worked great. I tried snaking back down the hose, but it was easier to just work back and break hose off as no longer needed. Once we got to the start it was real easy to go up the stairs with the short hose, connect, and continue cleaning.

Honestly I don't see using a cimex being that much faster. Maybe a little, but my chemical cost would go up.

Also I am getting more for hwe, I don't have to spend 5k for a cimex, and I feel I am doing a better job.

The basket was full of grit and dirt. I was amazed at all the shit we sucked out seeing as the carpet is vacuumed daily.

Yea after a few minutes I had to turn the heat all the way down. The hose was way too hot.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Honestly I don't see using a cimex being that much faster. Maybe a little, but my chemical cost would go up.

Also I am getting more for hwe, I don't have to spend 5k for a cimex, and I feel I am doing a better job.
It depends on the layout sometimes after trying both methods we go back to HWE. Too many steps, lots of furniture can slow down your production with a Cimex.

As far as cleaning better? On CGD the Cimex will actually look better but those halls were not glue down were they?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron Werner said:
I've been getting jobs in my area because all the other guys are Cimexing them

noooo...you have been getting jobs in your area because they are cimexing them wrong..........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and the cimex aint 5 grand either......

25' sections??? why would you want to add so many "interruptions" to the air flow in connectors....wether cool cuffs or not....not to mention the added expense....

have 2, split a 50' in half.....have the 1st one with in your main pull.....the other one....down the reel or something...

25' sections for 250' KMA! KMA! KMA! KMA! KMA! KMA!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom