Largest Residential job sold by one of my techs

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
On Friday one of my techs out did me! Up until Friday our largest residential ticket was $3,900 at one house. We don't price over the phone with clients so every dollar that is sold in the home is based on the inspection and recommendation done on-site.

Well, on Friday, i was significantly beat by one of my guys. He went in to do the carpet audit and wound up up-selling him on doing all the tile and grout, applying 15 year sealer, cleaning all carpets, protector everywhere, buff & recoat on the hardwood floors, applying a clear-coat to the garage floor & signing him up for a 6 month maintenance program.

Total ticket was $8,323!

My wife and I couldn't believe it, but its a good feeling to know that anything is possible in this industry.

I always tell my guys, you can go out and do 1K in sales a day, or you can go out and do 3K a day in sales, its all dependent on your ability to build value, conduct good demos etc.

Anyway, including that job, that tech did 15K in sales for the week -

My goal this year is to get all of my techs earning between 75-100K a year and so far I've got my techs earning between 60-82K.

Its a good feeling to offer a career to someone as opposed to a job that they wind up leaving a year later because they can't make enough money.

Mikey P

Administrator
He didn't complete all that did in one day right?

Up selling to 3 grand a day means a very flexible schedule. .. How are you creating your routes?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
On Friday he only had 1 job and I told him just to make the best of it. He wound up working there from 11am-4pm and coming back Saturday to finish the hardwoods and garage floor.

We usually set our routes up with 2-3 jobs a day. Our first appointment is between 9-10am. *we get there at 9. The second appointment is between 11-1pm and third is between 2-4pm.

This way if one of our jobs is a big one we have time to get through it without pushing into the next appointment.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
It was some software guy that lives in Kirkland. One of these guys that doesn't look like he has money but had no issue spending it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The problem I see with paying that much dough - and I'm in favour of fair pay, not like the cheap assed bastards that pay their EXPERIENCED help 12 and 14 an hour- is how long until they squirrel away enough money to become your competition? It wouldn't take a lot for a well heeled tech to save the clientele's names and numbers and contact them with a "Hey, I've started up on my own." Good on his sales ability, but howe long before one of them become a success story on your dime?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
The problem I see with paying that much dough - and I'm in favour of fair pay, not like the cheap assed bastards that pay their EXPERIENCED help 12 and 14 an hour- is how long until they squirrel away enough money to become your competition? It wouldn't take a lot for a well heeled tech to save the clientele's names and numbers and contact them with a "Hey, I've started up on my own." Good on his sales ability, but howe long before one of them become a success story on your dime?

Yeah i here ya. My guys know that what I do isn't something easily done. They respect me and are super loyal guys but that being said - I support them starting their own businesses. They all sign non-compete contracts etc when they're hired as well.

But if or when they decide to go out on their own, most of them have said that they would want to start a PureClean elsewhere as a licensing agreement with royalties.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You do realize a non-compete isn't worth the paper it's printed on as the legal eagles say you can't stop anyone from earning a living. I don't think that's right, but I'm not a judge.

No offense, but I call bullshit on this one. Show me a paid invoice with credit card or check receipt. If you are smart enough to have that kind of money, there is no way in hell you are going to pay someone to do this sort of work at the rates lawyers charge. I'm just not buying this one at all. If you said you were billing at $250 per hour, I might have believed you.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
It's ok to call bullshit- it's a big ticket - but if it would make you sleep better I'll upload the invoice- he paid via credit card

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Even if the client does not blink an eye about the price, I'd still be concerned about the hourly charge. Even software guys can do the math and about $1000.00 per hour is pretty steep.

However, if you can get it and keep the client, that's awesome.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
... and I thought that $608 house was pretty good the other day.

The Clean Machine

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
i attached the invoice. Its a long invoice because of how many things he did in there so there is 3 different attachments.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah we pre vac my man. Then we apply pure treat and let the magic begin!

ytuhymyt.jpg

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
You should try this stuff Becker- It's honestly one of the best pre conditioners I've seen and it's certified by the carpet and rug institute- being tested by green seal this month.

Becker

Name
Becker
I won't even ask for details, your not an answer guy.

( just screwing around.. Brent Dill on Beckers computer )

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
This guy is solo on the truck? He worked 5 hours the 1st day and 8 (?) the 2nd? What kind of sq/ft of these various surfaces did he complete and what kind of proceedures were accomplished. To me the thread leaves out huge detail.

Reactions: your_good_sons
Back
Top Bottom