Largest Residential job sold by one of my techs

F

FB7777

Mardie is the new Seltzer, legend in his own mind

Hey if bloviating to a bunch of Internet junkies on a rug sucking site completes you, knock yourself out

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie is the new Seltzer, legend in his own mind

Hey if bloviating to a bunch of Internet junkies on a rug sucking site completes you, knock yourself out

Looks like a post that points out the results on the ethical treatment of a client is over your head. I would expect that from someone like you. If Bens tech did 8k in a day and a bit for one residential client it is my opinion that the client got shafted big time for value on the $ spent.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Sir, you just KNOW everything better than anyone here! It must suck for you to deal with all if us hack carpet and upholstery and wood floor and tile/grout cleaners.

Zee you are so funny. On one hand you can praise a guy for screwing his client such as Bens tech did and on the other hand you criticize my post on the ethical treatment of the client.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If the work was done well and client is happy that's all that matters. Some times you just get one like this.

For instance, our last job scheduled for a staircase & living room turns out to be the better part of $700.

Property owner rented home out and tenants destroyed it. Here's a picture of the travertine demo.
e8y5avu4.jpg

I 'll end up pre spraying carpet and getting a little on the tile purposefully. I then mop it up with my glided wand and some steam. Usually make's a dramatic difference! Got a few jobs that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Ron Werner

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I always try to ask first if they would like a sample..

I guess getting burned about 12 years ago taught me a lesson not to put a clean spot like that... Custy Was not a happy camper when they saw the clean spot and weren't planning on doing the floor and now their guests will all see how dirty the rest of it looked.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yeah I dont know what the issue is with viewing the invoice. But if anyone has questions feel free to message me.

StoneGuard is a proprietary floor sealer we developed. We charge between $5-10 per sf to seal a surface depending on the type of stone and amount of stone we're sealing.

Buff & Recoating a hardwood floor we charge $2-3 per SF.

We charge $1 to clean tile.

We charged $95 per room to clean the carpet. There was 8 rooms.

Do these techs sprint? It would take me almost the 4hours OR MORE for the 8rooms! Setting up the hoses, corner guards, etc etc, holy crap this guy must have been a blur! Just the prevac at a decent speed would have taken over an hour if those room were even 150sf each. I've shown my clients the difference between speed wanding and actually wanding, and it does make a difference.
Upselling to 8K? Sure, I've no issues with that. Great selling!
But doing all that cleaning, and it must have been a fair sized area to add up to that sell, in barely over 12 hours?!!! Come on. You're selling yourself as a high end cleaner and your tech races through the job like he had 10 more to do that day. Sounds no better than the splash and dash bait and switch guys, they do the job just well enough so it LOOKS good and the customer is happy. BFD Where's the professionalism?
There was/is a cleaner here in Vic that always bragged about his upselling (book a $300 job and upsell it to $1300), and how fast he would get through a job. There's not a hope in hell I would EVER hire that guy to clean my own carpets. This is why more and more people are going to hard surface, because the "professional cleaner" isn't really cleaning. So I guess now we can blast away at their t&g and charge them $1000 to seal it? That's like the microseal crap that people have to keep coming back to the same cleaner, and have it "re applied" to maintain their warrantee.
I've said enough.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
This is why more and more people are going to hard surface, because the "professional cleaner" isn't really cleaning.

Have to disagree Ron, I wish that was the reason. (One fault we can't lay at Abe Surdi's door :winky:.)
In my experience people do because they do not clean on a regular basis.

• They mop their other floors once a week, yet do not seem to vacuum their carpets more than once a month.
  • Anything that spills on other floors they wipe immediately, yet do nothing for their carpet.
  • And, if we're lucky, they clean their carpets every few years.

It is a major failure of the Shaws and DuPonts in creating unreasonable expectations (for sale's sake) yet not educating the clients as per maintenance needs. Not sure if they care, as they seem to make a profit regardless which kind of floor they sell.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I agree with you Ofer. That is why the carpets get so filthy, people don't maintain them. Its one part of the problem.
The other part involves who they call and why they hire a specific company. Its price oriented. They hire a company like SS or Nationwide, the cleaners blast through a place and the carpets don't come clean. The customer thinks "Well, I hired a PROFESSIONAL and they didn't clean so I'll replace them"

Any time a company speedcleans is not good for the industry as a whole. The tools just cannot do what they are designed to do when they are moved too fast.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
How long did it take?

You do the whole floor with the handheld???

Only took maybe 1 1/2 hrs or so for kit, Dr, Lr used Enzall boosted with citrus and peroxide. Just demoed with the countertop tool but of course use the turbo on all the floor

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I 'll end up pre spraying carpet and getting a little on the tile purposefully. I then mop it up with my glided wand and some steam. Usually make's a dramatic difference! Got a few jobs that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Of course.

Back
Top Bottom