Let the Piranha bashing BEGIN! (Using Twitter for business.)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Okay... I'm about to post a link to a blog post over on the Piranha site, and I expect to get some flack for it - but it's good information, and I want to give a heads-up to anyone using Twitter.

There have been a few guys promoting using automated Twitter leads for cleaners. They are charging you for something that will likely get you into trouble, and banned from that social media site. And actually, if you do want to use Twitter to generate leads, there are actually free tools to do that research.

If you don't use Twitter - then this means nothing to you.

If you do use Twitter - the article on the blog lists the dangers, and also the resources (which are free, so no worries about clicking an affiliate link from me and making me any money - LOL).

http://www.richcleaner.com/blog/200...otential-carpet-cleaning-restoration-clients/

I hope this is helpful... we posted it to keep our members from getting into trouble, and thought I better share it with the rest of the industry yahoos too. (I mean that in a loving way...) :)

Be prepared to cover your right eye when you link through so you don't see the ads on the right... I'd hate to have you be tempted to buy anything!

Lisa

Bjorn

x5qo7d.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Lisa, I'll admit it, if ONE of my competitors got some Joe in their lives I'd start to worry. Two I'd panic...

As it is I have about 45 janitors that rely strictly on the YP and a coupon to get customers.

Ryan

Buy two banners and you can skip the apology... make us a vid of you down on your knees begging for forgivness and you can skip the banner.

Bjorn

WARNING DONT CALL A SANTA CUZ CARPET CLEANER TILL YOU LISTEN TO OUR FREE 800 INFO LINE

LEARN THE 10 DEADLY SECRETS ABOUT HIRING THE WRONG SANTA CRUZ CLEANER

FREE CARPET AUDIT
FREE BOTTLE OF CARPET spotter
FREE BOOTIES
FREE ROOM
FREE 10 PAGE REPORT ABOUT CARPET CLEANING SECRETS
200% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

x5qo7d.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
actually I was wrong.....

I like coming here - I think you guys are a lot of fun. And this forum definitely does not get as negative as some of the others ... especially Mikey's board which just reeks of losers whenever I pop over there, it reminds me of my grandmother who only talks about what hurts and who's died and why the world is so horrible today and whenever you share good news she says "it won't last" ... yeah, that kind of energy suck simply sucks.

I think she owes the entire board and apology......

Mikey P

Administrator
I think Keith Shaw edited her comment, the Lisa I know would never say such a horrible thing about us losers, even if it were true.

G

A true test of Lisa's intentions here, is to let her moderate a Rug Room, of course with some other respected rug guys here and then pick their brains for free. If there happends to be a marketing twist to a question, then fire away with Piranha. How about that idea Mikey? Might bring some prestige here, like Lisa has done for Joe (so I hear) ;)

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
:oops: I dont think most Piranha marketing companies run more than two trucks. Has Joe as came up with anything new in the last 15 or 20 years? Here is a photo of the local Piranha wanker:
photo_tom2.jpg

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Yep... I expected the bash-fest. I deserve some of it. And I certainly dish it out, so you can't throw punches and not expect a shot in the kidney now and then.

You have to admit though, I've been away from this board for several years - and the reason for that was the constant pummeling on Piranha & Joe here and on the other forums by the MB crowd. It did not matter what I said, or where, it was like a swarm every time. It just got old. So I stopped coming here all together.

So, the comment I made at ***, I did based on that history. And you have to admit, over at *** there is no ugliness - they are very polite there. I don't know all of the back stage stuff between here and there - but I have never had anything directed toward me that has ever made me not want to post there.

And... after I made my reference post - that was when I got messages about how people here got upset, and that they were bashing my mother here. Which of course made me say - of course, what else would I expect?

So - I apologize for what I wrote in the sense that there are not a bunch of losers here - there are a few losers here, who are loud, and who are also very negative on multiple boards, not just here.

There are also some very knowledgeable cleaners here, and some great instructors (like Jim), and some very friggin' funny people here as well. And knowledgeable rug people - which is very nice.

Not many women though I notice... just the Lisas... I think you've scared them all away. :)

I love rugs. I love to teach. And I'd hope that when I'm posting something here there is some value that some of you take away ... a few of you, it won't matter what I say, you're never going to learn anything from me, or take away a good idea, but not just from me it seems from everyone.

With this Piranha post - it was to share something that is important to know. I am not here at MB in my Piranha role - I'm here in my rug role. I have no problem paying for advertising (I do on all the other boards) - but Piranha is really not the right fit for this group, and never has been. So it would be like you running ads in a neighborhood you don't want to clean in.

Piranha is a high price coaching company - and you guys don't seem to really like high price anything. Even your big GIG annually is free. Ours is $1,000. That is simply not the right message to market match.

I know there are a few Piranha Members here - but this is not a target market for us.

So I'm here to help if I can, to learn from some of you in the process, and to laugh. I am never going to make any money from this group ... and I knew that coming in.

So go ahead and keep bashing... I've earned it. But do read that post if you are doing Twitter - if not, don't bother.

I love Piranha, and the work we do in this industry... but I'm not going to force feed any of it to you all. Don't worry. :) I'm here to talk about rugs, the industry, and building a high-end company if that's what you want to talk about.

Thanks,
Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Mike H. - we have members who are 1-truck, to some of the largest independent (and franchise) restoration and janitorial companies in our ranks. We cover it all.

I've been with Piranha for 10 years, doing product and program development, and coaching for Platinum. We create new strategies and campaigns endlessly. You can read the hot seat I did for those details I'm not going to bore everyone here with them.

Mike P. - if you'd rather me just copy and paste the thread in here and kill the link, let me know, I'll be happy to do that. And send me the info on banner prices - maybe I'll run something rug-related in the new year. :)

Thanks all,
Lisa

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
HARPER said:
"I miss OUR Lisa"... :?

"Bring on the JeLLO WresTlinG"........ :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Iclean a strip club TRUMPS,they have a slippery Sunday, k/y jelly wresling never seen it. Sticky Sundays every month, job security.

Cameron1

LisaWagnerCRS said:
Piranha is a high price coaching company - and you guys don't seem to really like high price anything. Even your big GIG annually is free. Ours is $1,000. That is simply not the right message to market match.

Ouch.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
"Mikey's board which just reeks of losers whenever I pop over there, it reminds me of my grandmother who only talks about what hurts and who's died and why the world is so horrible today and whenever you share good news she says "it won't last" ... yeah, that kind of energy suck simply sucks."

Allow me to give a quick visual as to how most feel about that heap of hypocrisy

homer_kiss_my_ass-t.jpg

BUT

8516Admitting-You-re-an-Asshole-Pos.jpg

DavidVB

Is that a comparison of Mikeyfest with Piranha's conference.

If I understand it right, Mikeyfest started out as an informal opportunity for cleaners to get together and help each other. The whole concept is to help others without charge. If people want to pay Piranha to do basically the same thing, that is up to them.

Is there an insinuation that people here are cheap? These are the type of comments that to me tell the story.

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve, if it makes you feel good and you'd like some pressure to be held accountable for things learned at my gig please bring a check for $1000 made out to me.

I'll even have my wife call you once a month to make sure you're learning your crayons.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Jim Martin said:
I like coming here - I think you guys are a lot of fun. And this forum definitely does not get as negative as some of the others ... especially Mikey's board which just reeks of losers whenever I pop over there, it reminds me of my grandmother who only talks about what hurts and who's died and why the world is so horrible today and whenever you share good news she says "it won't last" ... yeah, that kind of energy suck simply sucks.

I think she owes the entire board and apology......

Hummmm......is that the positive energy Piranha teaches? I don't need an apology if she thinks that why is she here as Odin said chumming the water for more Piranha sales i guess the rug restoration road show didn't do well?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think Lisa is an awesome addition to MB, great resource for rug info and her bloggg is full if photo's that can help you see and avoid problems.

But when it comes to Pariah....I mean Piranha I'm less excited.

However Lisa has shown she can handle herself well with a hostile group and not get upset.

While you may not agree with the marketing style (I don't) we do need to show her the same (hopefully more) respect that we would anyone else.

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Steve, if it makes you feel good and you'd like some pressure to be held accountable for things learned at my gig please bring a check for $1000 made out to me.

I'll even have my wife call you once a month to make sure you're learning your crayons.

I get all your stuff for free......but ditto on the 2nd.part.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I'm not saying you guys are cheap - I'm saying most of you would not EVER pay $1,000 for a seminar.

Just like some people would never EVER pay 50 cents a sq ft to clean their home ... or some $4 a sq to have me clean their rugs.

This does not make them bad, or cheap ... it just means they do not see the value in it strong enough to happily pay for it.

It's just not the right message to market match.

I posted my apology. I explained why I said what I did. If you want to keep it going, that's fine ... I'll just keep adding what I can, and enjoying what I am here. I'm used to getting bashed here. You all have been doing it for years... and my grandmother was good preparation for it - LOL.

Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm not sure its always the money Lisa, though there is that component to any marketing position or any buying decision.

Cleaning companies (like most small businesses) are owned by a wide variety of personality styles. Some are true "loners" and enjoy the challenge of reading and researching for themselves the marketing and sales concepts that they choose to use in their business.

This type of person could be seen in such diverse men as Terje "Odin" Brevik and Lee Pemberton.

Some buy franchises, others enjoy working with local trade assocations, still others network with other cleaners, or are lucky enough to find veteran mentors who help them along the way.

Many of those who post (rather than lurk) on industry bulletin boards tend to be the "I'll do it myself types" who find the boards useful places to confirm ideas and gain new ones.

While I'd never wish to oversimplify your potential prospect, Lisa, I think that those who like the idea of a package of concepts and perhaps continued support but do not want to belong to a franchise would be a good example of a prospective Piranha member. That's not to say that franchises, trade association members, and other types can't benefit as well.

But I do think its an unfair characterization to think your package only appeals to a single finanicial demographic.

If you can maintain your thick skin and good humor, you'll perhaps be able to find some such prospects here.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The first $900 I spent with Joe in 1997 left me underwhelmed.

However Chavez expressed my sentiments exactly.

You're a good egg Lisa.

Thanks,
Lee

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Piranha is a high price coaching company - and you guys don't seem to really like high price anything. Even your big GIG annually is free. Ours is $1,000. That is simply not the right message to market match

Lisa, I think you may not have met some of us. We don't mind paying for something when it is worth something. :wink:
DSC_0059.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom