Let the Piranha bashing BEGIN! (Using Twitter for business.)

Cameron1

truckmount girl said:
Um, Willy has some points, and although he may not have made them in the most delicate and sensitive way he could/should have, the points about the Ethical Services debacle, the post she made saying everyone here is a loser and such are valid.

Take care,
Lisa

Valid? Maybe. In the past? yes. Time to move on ? Hell yes.

Is there anyone who can say that their business has been hurt because of ES?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Steve you look possessed on your website. Did you say you were the homecoming king? You must of had some real ugly classmates.

Golden Boy

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey P said:
Lisa if you were 58 years old and still toting a POS reSoil porty up 30 flights of stairs 3 times a day you'd hate you too.

That is friggin hilarious!!

Cameron1

Waldo said:
Steve you look possessed on your website. Did you say you were the homecoming king? You must of had some real ugly classmates.

Golden Boy

looking forward to meeting you in Nashville ...buddy!

R

Robbie

Waldo said:

Golden Boy
LOL

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm afraid I can't throw a rock into this debacle, as I also live in a glass house.

I'm sure that over the years, and even maybe over the last few months, many of us have said things that in retrospect we wish we hadn't said.

I also reckon that some of us have said things in this thread, that down the track we will regret.

I'm an impulsive sort of a bugger and say what's on my mind, to what I believe is right at the time.

I also say things that may be funny down under, but can be disrespectful up top, over there.

Some of us have the uncanny knack of being able to control our emotions and place the zipper on our mouth until the brain is engaged, this is where I fail miserably.

In my eyes, Lisa also has said some things that maybe she wishes she hadn't said, I don't know, I'm not inside her head.

But she also seems to be trying to appease a lot of people here and is offering genuine information with her rug expertise.

I must say that I have been somewhat surprised and also glad to see that since she has started posting here, she has not pushed the jp/piranha/ethical whatever envelope as has been done elsewhere.

The only time I remember her raising the subject is after someone else had brought it up.

This will put me at odds with a few because of the name of this original post if you know what I mean. :lol: :lol:

She has gone quiet over the last couple of days, maybe for the weekend or other commitments, or maybe because of the harassment here that she can do without.

As we know, there are many other forums out there willing to listen to her.

She is one very smart lady that is equally ready to help anyone with a rug problem & I feel it would be our loss to lose her from this forum.

If you don't like what she has to say, why not do as I do with a bloke that posts on another forum, scroll on by............

Now let the knife throwing begin, I have a broad back and can take it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS ::: Although I don't twitter, (remember the original point of this thread?), I don't really understand twits, I even have trouble with faceoff.

Or is that facebook??

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I just love a sticky date ........................................................................... pudding. :wink:

Ooroo,

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Willy - I am sorry for making the assumption about the alcohol. I grew up in a place where when someone got super angry, and threw profanity all around, there was always alcohol involved. It's pretty destructive stuff. But the one good side I guess is that no amount of screaming, seething, threats, or profanity seems to phase me much. :) So you can't hurt my feelings. When you've been to hell already through the pain-infliction by others in their own little hell, anything industry related is just a piece of cake.

Willy, you are right that I do not know you. All I do know is what you post and how you react. And I apologized for the post over on *** - it was a response based on my interaction with a small group of this board in the past. Even in this thread, there are more "not angry" posts than the others. So I see that I was wrong to lump everyone into that comment.

I apologized. We're supposed to be grown-ups here, right?

I just finished a book A Thousand Hills about Rwanda (phenomal book by the way) about how hundeds of thousands of Hutu who killed over a million Tutsi are now liviing side by side. Murderers and victims. They reconcile, ask for and give forgiveness ... and the country is healing. It's an amazing story.

Do I have to serve prison time for a "loser" comment on another board? Really?

I don't know you personally Willy, but you also Willy do not know me. You are stringing me up by one comment and through one association with Joe. Your perception of him, also someone you do not know, is EXACTLY what you are skewering me for doing ... making a comment about someone you have never met. How is what you are doing any different than what you are screaming at me for?

If you don't like Ethical Services, that is fine with me. The cleaners and the consumers using it do. It was the first open review site for consumers in this industry, allowing them 11 years ago to post actual reviews real time on companies they used - good or bad. At the time it was very innovative - and very expensive.

The part everyone here got upset about - that "line" - was removed years ago. And you can see on that form, there is a $39 set up fee (what webmaster do you know who works for free?) - then there is no fee period for the basic listing.

In the new version launching this coming year - the entire platform will be free because the technology has gotten so much more affordable, and we don't have to pay $50K to get a new site up anymore.

That said Willy... all of my rug posts - here and everywhere else. All of my articles I've written for Cleanfax for almost a decade. All of my presentations. My terms on IICRC and helping with their rug course, 11 years with CFI's board, on NIRC ... my putting on 5 CFI conventions and trade shows, my role in the first Connections event, and 3 more after. All of that, I have done for free as a volunteer. This industry has given me a lot ... and I have ALWAYS considered it my responsibility to do the same. So don't tell me I'm on this forum to make a buck - I already have my bucks.

If you don't like Joe, that's fine. If you don't like me, that's fine too. But if you don't like me solely because I work for Piranha - well that's just lame. And if that's going to make you spew profanity and abuse, well then, like with any anger from anyone, it's never personal ... it's always coming from something else somewhere else, and it's always easier to rip apart someone in the safety of the internet instead of doing it in person.

Everyone else - I am sorry I posted this thread. I had a feeling if I shared anything related to Piranha there would be friction, but I felt the information was important. And I appreciate those of you who voiced either support or disagreement, but did it with humor and didn't feel the need to bring your potty mouth out. :)

Again, EVERYONE, I apologize for the post on *** (I'm actually surprised so many of you lurk over there...). The other stuff though is really old news, and we are just going to have to agree to disagree on that. And I can disagree with you without calling you names. Really I can. :)

Can we talk about rugs now? This is starting to feel like a Jerry Springer episode...
Lisa

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I am not a polish fan but he fills a need in the industry.

Lisa, thanks for the Twitter tip, it is a good one. Google sidewiki is one to watch out for. It has the potential to change every static web page into social media whether you want to or not. There will be no opting out of this one.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nicely said Shorty.

In my 50 years I've said (and posted) things I wish I could take back. Some still come back to haunt me. I think Lisa has said more than enough on the matter, and gives equal if not more value with her industry knowledge to allow her the right to talk about her products here, just as the rest of us suppliers are permitted to do.

I know not everyone will be able to let what's happened in the past go, as there are those who cannot let some intemperate things I've said and posted go.

Lisa: There is no personal offense taken here, even if you had said: "PEMBERTON is a loser" (I've been called worse by far).

I'm sure you and I will continue share some posts of mutual support, and once and a while we'll challenge each other's views of what is best for our industry.

This IS the shortest daylight of the year today after all. I like the thought of longer and brighter days to come.

(THAT last thought should nauseate Marty Sutley....if he reads the whole post that is....anyone want to place bets as to if and when he posts: "I'm going to puke"?)

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Agree with Jim and Shortwun.
Unfortunately I had judged Lisa by her association with Joe. There are real nuggets amongst the verbiage, hype and dross.
I had met Joe back in his greaseball days and now accept that he may have cleaned up his act.

Time for a group hug and move on.

roro

harryhides

Name
Tony
Shorty Down Under said:
I just love a sticky date ........................................................................... pudding. :wink:

Ooroo,

I doubt that Waldo has ever heard of a fruit called a date and frankly I don't give a fig.

DavidVB

Lisa,

I have enjoyed and learned from your articles and comments on rugs for years. Looking into your Rug Secrets program is what got me interested in learning to properly clean rugs. I look forward to learning more from you and would like to meet you someday.

One suggestion: If you want to leave the past behind and just talk about rugs then think twice about having a post with the title "Let the Piranha bashing BEGIN."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom