Let the Piranha bashing BEGIN! (Using Twitter for business.)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
LisaWagnerCRS said:
I'm not saying you guys are cheap - I'm saying most of you would not EVER pay $1,000 for a seminar.

Just like some people would never EVER pay 50 cents a sq ft to clean their home ... or some $4 a sq to have me clean their rugs.

This does not make them bad, or cheap ... it just means they do not see the value in it strong enough to happily pay for it.

It's just not the right message to market match.

I posted my apology. I explained why I said what I did. If you want to keep it going, that's fine ... I'll just keep adding what I can, and enjoying what I am here. I'm used to getting bashed here. You all have been doing it for years... and my grandmother was good preparation for it - LOL.

Lisa

I think you have answered the question of why some people bash Piranha.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ronbeatty said:
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Piranha is a high price coaching company - and you guys don't seem to really like high price anything. Even your big GIG annually is free. Ours is $1,000. That is simply not the right message to market match

Lisa, I think you may not have met some of us. We don't mind paying for something when it is worth something. :wink:
DSC_0059.jpg

Ron is correct.........if it is worth paying for we will buy it.......

IMG_4203-2.jpg

G

anyone remember when they started ethical cervix

and you pay to be ethical and all others below the red line they advised the consumer to use do diligence

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Wyatt Earp said:
I think Lisa is an awesome addition to MB, great resource for rug info and her bloggg is full if photo's that can help you see and avoid problems.

But when it comes to Pariah....I mean Piranha I'm less excited.

However Lisa has shown she can handle herself well with a hostile group and not get upset.

While you may not agree with the marketing style (I don't) we do need to show her the same (hopefully more) respect that we would anyone else.
Totally agree. Give the woman a chance boys. It sounds as though she is coming here as Lisa Wagner not as a part of Pirahna.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey, if Lisa can forgive me for making cracks about her mother rolling over in her card board box, then we can forgive her for listening to Rob Allen's lies.

At least she figured out who is who in the Board world.

and lets face it, the ideal Piranha customer is one who has not found the boards yet.
Who would pay for big money for ideas that you can find right on ICS, ***, MB of CF for free?

Isn't that right Mr Steve Cameron?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Thanks all ... and Jim for the thought you put into your post. I appreciate you not posting in a big "kiss my ass" graphic in your message - you've got style - LOL!

The sense I get here - at least from all of those who have been posters that I've seen - is a more long-time crowd. Are there a lot of new in the business cleaners here?

Maybe I'm wrong Jim ... I just did not choose to play in this playground to sell. I have no expectations of this being a Piranha harvest - and that's okay with me, because I've been a cleaner longer than I've been a consultant, and Piranha is selling just fine without adding another forum market. I'm here for me, and not for the "company."

I'm here to talk rugs. But I'll always be part of the Piranha school of fish... and if any marketing questions come up, I'll share what's working with our members without making you give me a credit card first. :)

Lisa

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Thanks all ... and Jim for the thought you put into your post. I appreciate you not posting in a big "kiss my ass" graphic in your message - you've got style - LOL!

Lisa

Jim who.........??

Mikey P

Administrator
Lisa is all too aware that Joe will never make a dime off this crowd.

I give her a lot of credit for dipping her toes in this cess pool.

but I get the distinct feeling Lisa gets off on a little toe jam in her life.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
OK, we've flogged this dead horse long enough back to the twitter thing....

Lisa, when i go to your twitter it's a mostly cleaners, JP types which are your target audience so it works for you but when i got to a cleaner you are linked with it seems to be a cleaner thats linked with under 50 people and most are other cleaners

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Like I said in the original post - most in the industry do NOT use Twitter. Me, I use it for those who don't want to RSS-feed my blog, this way when I have a post to share they link through.

You'll see with Joe, he's got almost 10,000 - and these are people who want to follow him around, knowing what he's up to - so that celebrity thang.

I guess if someone is going to talk about me and toe jam, and tell me to kiss their ass, and jello wrestle ... I've not quite attained "celebrity" status. :)

The cleaners I know using the application do this more to announce occasional specials - like, be the first to call and book and get X off. The restorers I know using it, do so to hit their list with flood tips when a storm rolls in (which has not happened much this year). In my own city, we have twitter sign-ups for flash flood and fire warnings.

Personally... I am not a huge fan of Twitter. I use it to keep updates on some of the political figures I like updates on. I use Facebook much more, and for business to business, LinkedIn. And also Yelp.

Hope that answers your question,
Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
and Jim for the thought you put into your post. I appreciate you not posting in a big "kiss my ass" graphic in your message

Not a chance Lisa. The message was meant to be constructive and respectful. No sarcasm or buried hidden meanings in it.

I've studied Joe since his ponytail days and intemperate use of language from the platform to his very "polished" (irresistable pun) image he has today, and what you've done for our industry both "pre-Joe" and now.

Its good to have you here, and I think you'll like the directness of the place. I've always believed that there is nothing like debate to refine an idea.

harryhides

Name
Tony
The internet is here to stay and will continue to grow in numbers and influence as technology advances.
Text, photos, voice and now videos.
Just what is the common thread amongst the bulletin board participants ?
I've no clue.

I like opinionated people, free speech, brainstorming and debate.
Lisa is all of the above and though we will never agree about ethical services, I never thought that the Piranha style of marketing would work in my market. I've never had a problem with the existence or success of Piranha.

But...............
I can relate to your political views Lisa and appreciate your rug info.

There is no comparison between a Boot camp and a MikeyFest or Summerfest anymore than there is with Connections which also never charged $1,000 to attend, by the way.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
LisaWagnerCRS said:

Lisa

You call people a bunch of losers and what would you expect? Bouquets? Everyone who doesn't buy into a program is not an "ethical" cleaner? :roll: You reap what you sow.

Is this graphic better in line with your sensitivities?
393450406_14b768a2d9.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey P said:
Hey Lisa,

Just call Willy a reSoil hack and he'll go away for weeks

It doesn't work for you......

An asshole is an asshole,and when some ASSHOLE tries to tell the world I'm unethical because I don't send money, they're a malicious liar and an ASSHOLE. You are who you represent or "hang around" with.

Board numbers down so low that you have to dredge the skack from the bottom of the asshole barrel Mikey? :roll:

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Wow... do I sense some alcohol involved here Willy?

I appreciate you feeling comfortable enough to call me an a-hole ... real class my friend, probably gets you some really outstanding clients.

Lisa

P.S. Cute photo of the kid.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
LisaWagnerCRS said:

I appreciate you feeling comfortable enough to call me an a-hole ... real class my friend, probably gets you some really outstanding clients.

Lisa

Lisa,

I think the "a-hole"....part of his post ParTiAllY.."got-on-U"....by PROXY.... :?

I believe jUgHeaD...brought that one on.. :wink:

HOWEVER.....the skaCk comment...is translated in to the sLuR..of a...skaNk... thathurts

Always here to hElP... :D
carry on..

Willy P

Name
Willy P
LisaWagnerCRS said:

Lisa

Well there you go, proving my point. I don't drink,haven't in many years, but glad you felt assholeish enough to make that insinuation- just like the other assholisms, like that one your boy toy makes about my ethics or the cheap shot about everyone here being losers. Just another asshole, showing their true colours. When some POS takes shots like that, I shoot back. Did I hurt your feelings? Too bad. Read what I've posted and tell me you would respect someone that shits all over people- WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THEM. And deary, I wouldn't worry your little tresses too much about my clients. I've got lots and they love me- for my honesty and ETHICS.
And you're showing class? Explain how? Do you REALLY wonder why you get well deserved rain on the little crap parade you and Cho put on with the insinuations and bullshit you've chose to toss around? Really, you expect respect for what? Earn it, don't expect it with thinly disguised infomercials.
If the moniker fits, wear it.

Mikey P

Administrator
get over it Willy, everyone makes uneducated mistakes.

She listened to the Allens about the crowd here.

Give her some credit for coming to look for herself.

and deciding to stay.. :shock:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Willy P said:
LisaWagnerCRS said:

Lisa

Well there you go, proving my point. I don't drink,haven't in many years, but glad you felt assholeish enough to make that insinuation- just like the other assholisms, like that one your boy toy makes about my ethics or the cheap shot about everyone here being losers. Just another asshole, showing their true colours. When some POS takes shots like that, I shoot back. Did I hurt your feelings? Too bad. Read what I've posted and tell me you would respect someone that shits all over people- WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THEM. And deary, I wouldn't worry your little tresses too much about my clients. I've got lots and they love me- for my honesty and ETHICS.
And you're showing class? Explain how? Do you REALLY wonder why you get well deserved rain on the little crap parade you and Cho put on with the insinuations and bullshit you've chose to toss around? Really, you expect respect for what? Earn it, don't expect it with thinly disguised infomercials.
If the moniker fits, wear it.

There goes Willy's "LIBERALISM" talking again.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It has nothing to do with Liberalism Doug- you unethical, negative loser. :shock: :wink:

It does have to do with:
A) - Bald faced lies and baloney insinuations.
B) - Arrogance.
C) - Not wanting to see some newbie get stiffed.
D) - Shining a light on the true character, not the "public image" they want to cultivate.

Tell me, why would anyone come back to a place were you splattered mud unless it was to see if you could pick some fruit off of the tree while no one is looking?
Am I harsh? Yep. Do I care? Not one iota.
Anything you need to know is here or on other boards, free for the taking. Go to the local college and in most circumstances, you'll get all Piranha has to offer and more - NO CHARGE. There's lots of experienced (and ethical) people here and elsewhere on the net that are willing to lend a hand for the betterment of the industry, not personal gain or "glory".
I've helped others and others have been more than generous enough to reach out and help me when I needed it. That's what's needed, not a parasite. Excuse me, I have to go to my breakfast meeting with Sir Bob Bobert of Bobovia and Jimi Hendrix. (it cost me a lot for the photo (sh)op), but it might impress a new guy.

I say what a lot of people think but won't say. I think honesty is ethical, so send me money and I'll say you're ethical too. :roll:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It must be hard to be as PERFECT as you Willy. Are you still judged for what you did in the past? If you are, would you rather be judged by who you are today?

F

FB7777

Don't mind Willy, Lisa

He just comes out every now and then on the boards to spew hate, vitiole and vile pictures he has stored on his hard drive

Stay the course Lisa... it sucks to be him

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Um, Willy has some points, and although he may not have made them in the most delicate and sensitive way he could/should have, the points about the Ethical Services debacle, the post she made saying everyone here is a loser and such are valid.

Take care,
Lisa

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Your welcome here Lisa. Be careful some of the female posters here will get jealous.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom