Name
Randy
im always interested in my job average for the year
we have been at it almost 5 years this time
200 bucks is where we seem to hover
my goal has been to get to 300 job average
im startin to wonder if it is ever goin to happen

i was wonderin what some of the job averages across the country
and no we dont push extra services like we should.
i pay my tech by the hour plus a nice comm for up sales
i am dead set against full comm guys at least for my operation
so i try to book him pretty steady for the day and really he doesn't have the time to add on
extra services
any ideas
thanks randy

Mikey P

Administrator
From what I've seen of your neck of the woods, if you're completing 4 or five jobs a day with a$200 average, considering the average size home, the local economy and the drive between jobs, I'd be pretty happy with $200.
Are you doing much tile cleaning?
That will bring your average way up if you do enough of it.
How presentable and house wife friendly is your tech?

And don't rule out commercial. We do a decent amount during the day and on Saturday with our Cimex and hwe to make the hunt worth while.much higher job average than resi too..

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
"I don't give him time to ad on" ????????????????????? I think you answered your problem. Work less and make more. Also have sales/ client relations training in the mornings before he goes out. You should be then able to get past $300 easily and have happier clients.

Mikey P

Administrator
btw, with the Vortex working 6 days a week and the Lima Bean working two after April we completed 917 jobs with a 342 average.

the lack of marketing expense and being able to barter for supplies makes it barely worthwhile after paying two techs.

I may go to work for Ken or Greg soon.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mike ur comment makes no sense. No marketing expense and bartering supplies keeps more $ in ur pocket.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike ur comment makes no sense. No marketing expense and bartering supplies keeps more $ in ur pocket.

What I'm saying Ken, is if I had to buy new customers all year long and pay full price for soap, Id be better off with a Real Job.

or going back to doing it all myself OR moving to a state where a $200 average would float my boat.

too many kittens suckling my teats here.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Got it- i would agree that the numbers seem low to support 3 people but I dont know all the details i.e. full time vs part time, bene's etc.

racebum

hovers around 200, lot of 150s, 175s', 200s, 225's

we have a TON of 1400-1700sq townhomes in my area and they all seem to fall into the above pricing

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
hovers around 200, lot of 150s, 175s', 200s, 225's

we have a TON of 1400-1700sq townhomes in my area and they all seem to fall into the above pricing
x2. I live in central missouri where the cost of living is dirt cheap and minus the barely livable wages the state pays (I live in the state capitol) there are not an abundance of great paying jobs here. This translates into the going price of carpet cleaning in the residential market being isanely low. I think the top charging companies around here only get around .30 - .35 a square and most o/ops like me seem to only get around .18 to .25. The residential market here is so depressed that I have pretty much focused all my resources on vacant property and commercial work and have learned to bid by estimated porductivity per hour rather than square footage. I would say my average residential ticker is somewhere around $150. I do however get alot of people that take advantage of a coupon I run for living room, dining room , and hall for $80.00 since we have alot of split level homes and can bust that special out in around 45 minutes start to finish. Must just be a missouri thing because I talk to a couple Kansas City Missouri guys who clean and from what I hear KC mo (not kc kansas) is pretty well a piece of crap market that is hard to make good money in

Last edited:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Just to clarify i was talking about his total revenue for 2 trucks not his avg which is double mine.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I don't get Mikey's complaint though. He said if he had to pay for soap and advertising he wouldn't make enough to make it worth while

If he's doing 350k a year even if you take 70% of that away for expenses that a pretty good living. But then I remember he's in Cali where that's not a pretty good living

Connor

Name
Connor
How do you handle the technician management, how many managers do you have?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
2 managers for my On- Location Cleaning Division, Brian Hanna & Dave Bidinger. They are 2 of the finest people I know and I'm honored to have them along with my other managers and all our cleaners and support staff.

racebum

x2. I live in central missouri where the cost of living is dirt cheap and minus the barely livable wages the state pays (I live in the state capitol) there are not an abundance of great paying jobs here. This translates into the going price of carpet cleaning in the residential market being isanely low. I think the top charging companies around here only get around .30 - .35 a square and most o/ops like me seem to only get around .18 to .25. The residential market here is so depressed that I have pretty much focused all my resources on vacant property and commercial work and have learned to bid by estimated porductivity per hour rather than square footage. I would say my average residential ticker is somewhere around $150. I do however get alot of people that take advantage of a coupon I run for living room, dining room , and hall for $80.00 since we have alot of split level homes and can bust that special out in around 45 minutes start to finish. Must just be a missouri thing because I talk to a couple Kansas City Missouri guys who clean and from what I hear KC mo (not kc kansas) is pretty well a piece of crap market that is hard to make good money in

my area is mixed. i'm right next to intel and nike, but, for each one of those there are more $15hr jobs. average home price here is roughly 170-210k and cleaning runs .20 to .25sq for basic work. protector sales, urine treatment and the rest help. i have a $99 minimum for anything and it works out alright. everytime i start doing .30-.035sq quotes, especially over the phone my sell rate drops off quite a bit. there's just a point where people say yes versus let me call you back.

whole lot of home sales, moving cleans and turn over. i'd say almost half my work is someone moving in or moving out

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I'm in So Cal. - Riverside County which for the last several years has been near the top in the country for foreclosures and job loss. (Along with home values dropping like rocks). Back in 2005-2007 (before the economy crap hit) as a Chem-Dry our job average was up near $225. Now here I am in a depressed economy that I hope is getting better and I'm a one man band averaging $160- $170per job per month. I'd be happy as hell to be averaging $300 or so per job.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We were at about 245 5 years ago and now closer to 215. Need more furniture and tile but....once again too busy.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Some weeks it a 500 dollar an average per job. Then I'll go on a spree of 95 dollar minn jobs for two weeks and it fooks it all up

GoldenBoy.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
No Richard, I was talking about avg job but I can see by the way I wrote it that it could be misconstrued. Our per truck avg is closer to 250k

Rodney Olson

Name
Rodney Olson
Do any of you guy's use a pricing sheet that u keep in in the clip board for the tech's to use. For the past 5 years i've used a pricing guide: carpet cleaning Min charge $130. my pricing starts at 0-200 sq ft .49 cents sq ft, 201-500 sq ft .48 cents sq ft and so on. Our sq ft price fall around .48 to .46 cents a square foot on a daily bases. What I found was having a price sheet that I pull out during an estimate seems to the customer that im not just making up prices to clean. let me add: carpet protector is a additional 50% of the cleaning price which we sell 60% of the time. One more thought, by having the Price sheet U can show the customer by adding additional rooms she can get more cleaned for less money a sq.ft. by adding sq ft to the cleaning job. This concept has raised our ticket sales average of $50 to $75 per job. Food for thought it has worked well for me.

Reactions: Newman

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Okay here is 2012
On Location Division Avgs
Residential $134.78
Commercial $306.27
Blended Average $147.29

Rug Cleaning and Repair
Avg ticket from 5 drop off Rug Care Centers plus pick up & Delivery $209.76
Lowest RCC avg was $176.10 & highest $202.84, PU & Del Avg $367.37

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
$134 ? Do your guy work on going sales training, client relations and closing techniques? I would think you'd have a full time person executing this.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes and we are pretty confident that number will keep rising as we offer more services. Remember that includes the dilution of many, many 1-2 room jobs that are $49.99-59.99 Dave. We also are a value priced cleaner with our pricing geared around 2 rooms for %9.99 and 4 rooms 99.99.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom