----> Logo Opinion - Need brutal honesty needed. <----

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Disaster-RestorationLogo.png

I have been told by every graphic designer I have used that something needs to be done about it. My friends and other people I know have always said it looked unprofessional. I have a logomyway.com contest going now to update it but the owner is very unhappy with the drastic change and wants to keep it fundamentally the same. What is so bad about it in it's current form? The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't have any sort of bold lines and it has a bunch of dead space in the middle.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Simply losing the arms would make it a better logo for print and clothing.

(The arms are deformed and missing a finger anyway.)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gawwd that's awful! :shock:

Serious, no offense meant, but it could be so much better!

I think I would go with your contest winner, they certainly have to come up with something better.

Change is hard, maybe something close to what you have but updated, would please the owner but upgrade the image.

gavin

the text looks fine, it's just something about the way the arms and houses are drawn that make it look like a school project, and not one that got a good grade.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There are some good ones in there Gary.

I gave this one 4-stars and two others 3-stars.
You could always go with more red and less orange and have them shape it to resemble more like a flame.
BB_ww_777843565315.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I had an online company make me a logo, it cost me like $120 bucks, they tweaked it how I wanted it, I think it was money well spent.

Bob Foster

B&BGaryC said:

I have been told by every graphic designer I have used that something needs to be done about it. My friends and other people I know have always said it looked unprofessional. I have a logomyway.com contest going now to update it but the owner is very unhappy with the drastic change and wants to keep it fundamentally the same. What is so bad about it in it's current form? The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't have any sort of bold lines and it has a bunch of dead space in the middle.

Something like this but it needs way more color. And maybe have the arms wrap around the family.

DRL.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Unfortunately we are not going to lose the arms. In fact he is showing signs of regret for agreeing to change anything.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ultimately he is the decision maker- all you can do is offer ideas & support. Good for you Gary for wanting to improve things- this is what I look for from my people.

Al

If he wont let you lose the arms, see if you can at least get a Vac Tat on one of them.

Nice try Gary

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Unfortunately we are not going to lose the arms. In fact he is showing signs of regret for agreeing to change anything.
My father was the same way after spending some time looking at comps he finally said can't we just leave my logo alone until I'm gone. somewhat amus Now I just wish I had him, screw the logo.

Do what he wants, work with that arms. What about a circle or oval around the arms? It would still modernize it some but still have his arms.

Your carpet logo is nice compared to the arms for the restoration division.

Something like this but have the pros do it so it fits right and use company colors.
BB.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
We can all agree it is a pretty good concept though right? We are the strong arms that lift your home out of it's ruined state....

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Out Dated logo I did not get the homes being lifted. Most in contest are better

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Is the missing finger on each hand the middle finger holding up each house?

Just wondering how after most posts saying the arms suck.

How can you say ," We all agree..................."?

Unlikely!!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
#9 and #10 on the web site. If you embroider it, the less fill, the better. As from screening it, it's a simple design. I've done both embroidery and screening.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The emotional dynamics of a loss situation, and the way a company is chosen would seem to make an owner choose the company image carefully.

The "arms" could be a good element if they were "caring arms" instead of "fighting arms". It's no accident that the word "arms" bring to mind weapons. It's an emotionally primoral connection.

The last thing most clients want is a "fight" or being strong-armed during a difficult time.

They want to have competent caring and trouble-free help.

Thanks,
Lee

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No offense Gary but the arms are foolish. They look like a grade school did them for one...and the idea just isn't all that great.

What was said about the arms wrapping around a family or a home would work better.

Think of the person calling you....not your owners ego.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom