LOOK OUT! Steamin Demon! .... CFX

-JB-

Name
JB
Any all 'yall using the new Rotovac CFX yet?

Waddya think?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I like the Idea.

Now if it was designed by greenie, it would be a 2 cubic foot TM on wheels :shock:

Edit: Just plumb it 2.5 inside and out, run 25ft 2.5, and have a little giant outside and it would be a mini Vortex :twisted:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
AshleyMckendree said:
I like the Idea.

Now if it was designed by greenie, it would be a 2 cubic foot TM on wheels :shock:

Edit: Just plumb it 2.5 inside and out, run 25ft 2.5, and have a little giant outside and it would be a mini Vortex :twisted:

Lets not forget the 14" wand and 3000psi pump :lol:

M

Mr. P

I have the cfx and it works great! I use it when I go to places my porty is to heavy to take. It works great for flood work also. I used it on several extraction when hot water tanks blow in apartments and it pumped the water out pretty fast.
Nick

R

rotovacguy

JB said:
Any all 'yall using the new Rotovac CFX yet?

Waddya think?

I saw the video of it on the Rotovac website. It seems like a move in the right direction, I just don't think they went far enough. I posted something about the CFX a few weeks ago.

How would one add a rinse to it? I only saw a hook-up for a faucet, nothing else.

Can it be used as a "power booster", or as a stand alone? With only one cord, it must have 2 small 2 stage motors in it, fine as a booster, pretty wimpy as a stand alone. I didn't see any hookups for another machine, so I'm guessing it's a stand alone.

How about a pump? Again, I didn't see one...do they use standard city water pressure? If so, that sucks.

How about a price?

And how about that pumpout...I think it's rated at 5 gpm....maybe fine for carpet cleaning, no way would that be ok with flood work. Just my opinion.

The Preacher

does it have foam problems on the pumpout side??? i know when i had a Demon FOAM was the great equalizer. how will the foam issue be handled by said unit???

PS I hear that Dennis (DurrMaid) who designed the machine got ACED by RotoVac??? if so liars CHEATS and hucksters will be thinned from the hurd!!! i see where he has his new machine out on the market now.

-JB-

Name
JB
PS I hear that Dennis (DurrMaid) who designed the machine got ACED by RotoVac??? if so liars CHEATS and hucksters will be thinned from the hurd!!! .

I spoke w/a Kelly, from RV today, wanted me to buy on the spot, yeah that'll happen :roll: .

I told him about this post on MB and said I would want wait to for feed back.

He wanted to log on and see what y'all are sayin', I warned him he might not like it and that... Liars CHEATS and hucksters will be thinned from the hurd!!!

Fair warning right?

i see where he has his new machine out on the market now

which one is that?

I like the concept it would work great on all the hi rises we do. Faucet hook up as your pump concerns me even with arotovac. I wouldn't mind demoing one...to get real results.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sure... if you can get to the hot water heater.. :mrgreen: Mine is tucked in the corner of my kitchen between the sink and dishwasher. In order to hit the reset, I have to pull the dishwasher out.. WAPITA!

Greenie

I was just thinking about that, I would add a small inline strainer to the sink connection, can't risk plugging jets.

2" hose hookup, why bother with that 1.5" hose if it has a 200cfm vacuum sytem?

This looks like a high flow system, are you supposed to change the jets on your tool to take advantage of the higher flow, would seem logical, the Demon uses big jets for a reason, if you don't have pressure you might as well have flow, something has to clean the emulsified soil....which reminds me, probably should add a prespray segment to that video, as well as a prevac segment.

That pump out looks like it might be problematic with that sensitive float switch and all, I wonder how many units are out there.

Nick P, I didn't know you had one, how long have you had it? Any issues yet?

-JB-

Name
JB
RVguy
How would one add a rinse to it? I only saw a hook-up for a faucet, nothing else.
It's a High Flow system, there is no way to add, nor SHOULD ya need solution w/high flow. The fresh line hooks up to the faucet then runs DIRECTLY to the tool of choice as, there is no chem. or pressure pump, and unlike the SD, the wand or the RV acts as the solenoid/trigger, so one less component to deal with, or break! :wink:

Can it be used as a "power booster", or as a stand alone? With only one cord, it must have 2 small 2 stage motors in it, fine as a booster, pretty wimpy as a stand alone. I didn't see any hookups for another machine, so I'm guessing it's a stand alone.
It's a stand alone.
Yes it has two two stage vacs, draw's like 16a though, so I don't know about wimpy, ain't no V, but neither's the price! :wink:

And how about that pumpout...I think it's rated at 5 gpm....maybe fine for carpet cleaning, no way would that be ok with flood work. Just my opinion.
Small jobs would do okay, fish tanks 'n' the like, but I agree, for big floods get the right equipt.! Get a flood pumper.

How about a price?
$2195. w/hoses and wand;(just the CFX)
add the RV 360 and it's $4390.
Less $500 till the end a the month,
so $3890.

How about a pump? Again, I didn't see one...do they use standard city water pressure? If so, that sucks.
Nah Uh! No pump, you haven't cleaned till ya cleaned w/High Flow Baby!

Danny
does it have foam problems on the pumpout side??? i know when i had a Demon FOAM was the great equalizer. how will the foam issue be handled by said unit???
They claim it doesn't :roll: in fairness the pump switch is proprietary, un-like the SD switch, A BILGE PUMP SWITCH from Boat US!
It seems to be designed to run the pump a lot more often, as it has a much smaller area of movement, or travel, so I would think it pumps out more often, thus eliminating the foaming issues. The SD switch tend to get, "snuck up on" by the foam, so it doesn't always catch it, which is really annoying! :evil: And crud can tend to build up on the SD switch too again allowing it to fail to pump, causing blow-back, and leading to pre-mature vac motor failure. But i generally use a, "no soap" cleaner, so I never have many issues w/that anyway, don't do a lotta nasties.

PS I hear that Dennis (DurrMaid) who designed the machine got ACED by RotoVac??? if so liars CHEATS and hucksters will be thinned from the hurd!!! i see where he has his new machine out on the market now.
Here anything new on this issue?

Greenie,
That pump out looks like it might be problematic with that sensitive float switch and all.
I'm a lil leary of the switch too, VERY short travel, when the pump out runs, it almost sounds like it's not working correctly (ya can here it in the video) 'cause it pumps out so often, on-off, on-off.. seems like that would either burn out the impeller or the motor way fast.

This looks like a high flow system, are you supposed to change the jets on your tool to take advantage of the higher flow, would seem logical, the Demon uses big jets for a reason, if you don't have pressure you might as well have flow, something has to clean the emulsified soil....
It is High Flow, not sure of the GPM, but, it does come w/a big jetted wand, and is compatible to all the other RV attachments.

probably should add a prespray segment to that video, as well as a prevac segment.
No kidding! Then Jorge would have some real competition, seriously the video was very well done.

2" hose hookup, why bother with that 1.5" hose if it has a 200cfm vacuum sytem?
So ya wanna pimp it fer me?

I was just thinking about that, I would add a small inline strainer to the sink connection, can't risk plugging jets.

Ahhh, ya can get washers w/stainers built right into them at the hardware store for a buck er' two, I'm sure Interlink will get the for ya two for a "FEW" bucks more :roll: Also the wand or the RV should have a strainer to right?

I wonder how many units are out there.
Released in like October, they claim there's about 50 units sold.

We know of ONE!

Anyone else got one?

R

rotovacguy

OMG!! $2195 for that thing??

I shouldn't say it sucks...I agree about the high flow, I'm just a bit leary of how wet the carpets will be with only having those little 2 stagers on it. I must say, I do like the idea of no pump....one less thing to worry about, but how would you do upholstery?

I'd be curious to hear from someone who has tried it, or owns it.

Greenie

I imagine the vacuum is pretty decent, they are plumbed in parallel, most "regular" portys don't have 200 cfm to work from, I would say it's one of it's strong points, not weaknesses.....that is why I mentioned the 1.5" hose...It comes STANDARD with 2" hose barb...why not take advantage of it? You don't lose much waterlift on 50' of 2", and lift is the only weakness of 2 stage vacs, like I said earlier, I'll bet the vacuum is good.

As for high flow, using standard "double shut off" quick connects impacts high flow a bit, as does a standard 1/4" solution line. It's fine that it comes with an economy wand with BIG jets (oh wait...does it, or doesn't it?) but most economy wands don't include an inline filter, typical newbie mistake not knowing to check it once in awhile if they do stumble across one, but if you hook that to a 360 you will need to double the size of those jets, trade out the K 1.5s for K3s.

Lots of newbies buy these entry level machines, a prevac, agitation, and prespray video should be done...seriously.

I have to be more Forum savy and learn that Multiple quote thing, very nifty.

-JB-

Name
JB
trade out the K 1.5s for K3s.
Englasio please? I ASSume those are jet sizes?
As for high flow, using standard "double shut off" quick connects impacts high flow a bit, as does a standard 1/4" solution line.
Was thinking the same thing. :?
It's fine that it comes with an economy wand with BIG jets (oh wait...does it, or doesn't it?)
Yes it does, according to the RV salesman.

Too bad RV doesn't know someone, who uses the SD REGULARLY, that would be willing to take CFX a while for real word experience, ya know, if they were to, Oh I don't know report it on a web forum, who knows he might even be able to sell a few. :roll:

HINT!

subtle? No?

-JB-

Name
JB
Do you get a free bottle a looob w/that while the F*#& you up the a$$ ?

DRScrivner

JB said:
Too bad RV doesn't know someone, who uses the SD REGULARLY, that would be willing to take CFX a while for real word experience, ya know, if they were to, Oh I don't know report it on a web forum, who knows he might even be able to sell a few. :roll:

HINT!

subtle? No?
OVER HERE, HINT, HINT!

You can introduce an emulsifier into the water stream by attaching a modified injection sprayer full of emulsifier inline from the sink. You'd have to retrofit that sprayer by attaching a small 5' piece of pressure hose to the inlet side so you can hook it to the sink, and then on the outlet side eliminate the lance and trigger valve and hook up a QD in its place so you can hook your pressure line there going to your wand.

You would have to experiment with that a bit. I'd start by using the 9:1 cap and let it draw. See how much chem you're putting down, and how much sq ft you get out of a 7 quart bottle. You can always adjust the dilution ration by installing a different cap if need be.

Greenie

Those are calibrated at 400psi, I'm not sure how well the Dema injector will draw at 50 psi?

Worth a try.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Why not just put your pre-spray into an electric or battery sprayer :?:

Simple to pre-spray the carpet then clean with whatever.

Hell, you can even use a pump up sprayer if you're a BDCC :twisted:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Back
Top Bottom