Looking at training myself and one tech in natural stone

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Restoration. I have been looking at the cheetahs but I am pretty sure the teach is going to recommend a full diamond disc setup.

What should I buy?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you purchase Spinergy or Cheetah pads, there is a free day long hands-on training in San Diego county at Innovative Surface Solutions. You can see and try several methods side by side. Adds to your education and lets you compare methods.

A set of pads is about the price of training in other settings, so there is no big risk.

Training is held about once per month.

Name
Ron lippold
A guy can make some good money with the pads. And the results are pretty awesome, I really like the cheetah pads.....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I wouldn't buy anything until you get training.

If you go with the cheetahs, it's really a good idea to learn how to powder polish. There may be times when you can't get the polish back on the floor with just the cheetahs / monkeys. Powder polish will help you there. I personally have not been able to do a full restoration with just the cheetahs/ monkeys. Apparantley my pads are contaminated but I do use a few of them once in a while. I don't discount this system though, I would just like to see someone get consistent results with them.

The cheetahs are basically an abrasive like diamond pads. Diamond pads to me are more consistent because I don't have to be so meticulous about rinsing after each step. BTW, my usual restoration would normally consists of 3 steps, 2 diamond grits and powder polish. I may throw in a 4th step (buff with the 11k monkey).

You won't go wrong with the training provided by Ted and Cameron as well. Ted's been restoring since the 80's and knows his stuff.

Albert

Back
Top Bottom