Marty and the infamous V exhaust diverter.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Holy crap :shock:

Max Characters

Oh, I see a new fictitious name for the board coming on. :wink:

hogjowl

Idiot™
As I suspect it is with every other V owner, my first time servicing the EDV valve was a severe pita! If I hadn't heard it all discussed before, I would have been really afraid to pry that rod out using the force I had to use to get it out. I would have been convinced there had to be a bolt and nut holding it in place somewhere down line!

After getting it apart, it was easy to see how the thing worked and how to get it back together. So, next time it will be a breeze. I'm not sure how they could make it any easier, but one thing I am going to change is the next time I service it, I am going to put the Aerotec fitting back on to replace the grease fitting I put on upon the recommendations of all of you, and try the Aerotec spray instead of the grease. Their spray is supposed to be a cleaner and lubricant, and I want to see if using it daily will keep that rod free of all the carbon and crud that gets all over it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you would let your mechanic take care of the mechanics, you could spend your time elsewhere in your business.

hogjowl

Idiot™
And, then I wouldn't know how to do it myself. There will come a day when I will have someone on staff with the responsibility to keep the rigs serviced, but that day is not here yet.

G

Not even close....

???

asian-girl-finger.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
As I suspect it is with every other V owner, my first time servicing the EDV valve was a severe pita! If I hadn't heard it all discussed before, I would have been really afraid to pry that rod out using the force I had to use to get it out. I would have been convinced there had to be a bolt and nut holding it in place somewhere down line!

After getting it apart, it was easy to see how the thing worked and how to get it back together. So, next time it will be a breeze. I'm not sure how they could make it any easier, but one thing I am going to change is the next time I service it, I am going to put the Aerotec fitting back on to replace the grease fitting I put on upon the recommendations of all of you, and try the Aerotec spray instead of the grease. Their spray is supposed to be a cleaner and lubricant, and I want to see if using it daily will keep that rod free of all the carbon and crud that gets all over it.

Your going to shot your damn self in the foot if you put the cup back on it...the spray is where everyone has problems.......I had more problems with mine using the spray and it all went away with the grease...............................

steve g

Name
steve garrett
aerotech has an EDV that vlad claims is self cleaning, I don't know that is just what he claims, anyways it looked pretty beefy and well built to me, who knows maybe you guys would not be having any trouble if you would have just bought an aerotech

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I really don't think that AT has the best EVD out there.....I think Vortex's works much better and I feel better knowing that it is getting a service and don't have to worry about it.....I have a complete brand new EVD from AT out in my shop..still in the box.....and if you own a vortex this will fit right on there with no problems.......but I have no reason to replace mine...it works perfect.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom