MBay

Able 1

Name
Keith
The auctions starting price has been too high to have fun with bidding on.. They will all get to what there worth w/o the starting bid as high as you do and someone might get a GREAT deal once and a while. You kinda seem to suck the fun out of the whole thing. Just saying.. hey Marty, blow me

Mikey P

Administrator
Have another sip of ignorance Keith

a few days ago a guy got a $4900 ETM for $3000.

You pay no tax or shipping on the chems if nothing else

and you're supporting the board and it's advertisers so **** off

just sayin. hey Marty, blow me

Cameron1

Yes Keith....what the hell is wrong with you? Don't you want to support the board?

Good grief man....look at all the good deals.

Put the cup of ignorance down and grab the kool -aid!

Just saying

F

FB7777

there could be a RESerVE bid amount not disclosed to the participants

This way a few first bid hyenas will get that thrill of thinking they might win a HOSS700 for $9.86 :roll:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yep, or just let it roll- starting at a high % of value (especially if inflated retail- don't know if that is so) just frustrates bidders. The whole purpose is the fun of getting people involved which in the long run tends to make more money. The most successful auctions have very low opening bids.

Starting bid prices should be in my opinion 10-25% of true selling value i.e. if something retails for $499 but is typicaly sold for $399 bid pricing would start somewhere between $40-$100.

Consider trying it for 20 or so items Mike then do the math at the end to see how you did. Also consider the additional exposure MB and the donator get by having more action.

Ken

RickL

Didn't somebody get caught up in bidding a while back and stiff Mike because they couldn't afford it?
Shouldn't we really be doing better things with our time than bidding $10 for a $2 to $4k machine... for fun....guess I don't get it.

F

FB7777

RickL said:
Didn't somebody get caught up in bidding a while back and stiff Mike because they couldn't afford it?
Shouldn't we really be doing better things with our time than bidding $10 for a $2 to $4k machine... for fun....guess I don't get it.
That happens on eBay as well. Easy fix on here. Just offer item to second highest bidder

Bid wars typically are good for the auctioneer

Maybe a median solution could be reached by lowering the start bids a little bit

But starting an item that retails for $2000 at $ 50 opening bid would be silly

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken Snow said:
Yep, or just let it roll- starting at a high % of value (especially if inflated retail- don't know if that is so) just frustrates bidders. The whole purpose is the fun of getting people involved which in the long run tends to make more money. The most successful auctions have very low opening bids.

Starting bid prices should be in my opinion 10-25% of true selling value i.e. if something retails for $499 but is typically sold for $399 bid pricing would start somewhere between $40-$100.

Consider trying it for 20 or so items Mike then do the math at the end to see how you did. Also consider the additional exposure MB and the donator get by having more action.

Ken

No inflated retail Ken I try and find the lowest drop shippers price the MB broke dicks could squeeze out of the net.

It's been the trend for winners to save 10 to 20 bucks on a case of juice AND the cost of shipping (Masterblend to Able's garage would cost $36)

If that aint good enough than Able can continue to support *** with his purchases.

Figure out what you can save here-http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/index.html?WT.svl=PriNav

The point of these auction is for advertisers to pay their banner or MF bill. While the exposure is good, losing money on the transactions isn't the point. Obviously they want the items to sell for at least what they have into it other wise they would just pay me with a check.
Auctions dont always work in their favor.
Look at the HOSS auction, it starts at $1000 off retail and two posts later a dick like Vince comes in and rips Interlink.
I'm sure they were thrilled.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mike- I didn't mean to imply thi.gs were inflated, if that is what you took from my post I regret that. Please re- read it I was auggesting how you may make MORE $ not less.

Marty I have no idea what ur post meamt- please enlighten me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken I took more than that buddy....lol

But I've seen too many auctions go for one bid over the starting price too many times to start to low.

Like I said saving a 10 to 20 and shipping should be good enough on a case of chems

Tools, so far have gone for much less than retail.

If this round of auctions dont get any action, we'll try it your way.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Another thought- have a MB auction night every week or 2 even alternating the nights etc..

Have all the auction items for 3-4 hours only and create some excitement about the auction itself. If you have really big items you could always make them "special" auctions that run for a day or 2, but those I wpould makrket at least a week ahead of auction time to get interest peaked and answer questions before the auctioon starts.

No need to reply just food for thought.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I agree with Keith and probably won't be bidding since I only look at the Clean room and the Bird room. I doubt I'm the only one doing since most guys don't want to read Robisons post or go into a room where there is no action. I don't have a problem paying full retail for a good cause, if I have to buy it regardless.

F

FB7777

Doug Cox said:
I agree with Keith and probably won't be bidding since I only look at the Clean room and the Bird room. I doubt I'm the only one doing since most guys don't want to read Robisons post or go into a room where there is no action. I don't have a problem paying full retail for a good cause, if I have to buy it regardless.
Im confused Doug, on one hand you siad you won't be biddng and then you go on to say that you dont mind paying full price for a good cause...

Mike and his advertisers are bartering and most if not all auctions are won at a lower than retail cost

sounds like win-win and if you're here then why not try to score a deal while helping a 'good cause' ?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Let me talk slower, Fred. I meant I wouldn't be bidding since I don't frequent the "Garage Sale" Room. If Mike kept the auctions in the "Clean Room" I would see them and therefore bid on them.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It has nothing to do with an extra click, Bri. I go to rooms I like and don't go to rooms that IDGAS about or ones that have no traffic.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I get that. I'm just saying if the auction is in the clean room and you participate...That one extra click to do an auction in another room....

Nevermind.

F

FB7777

I was under the impression that Mike may have moved the auctions to the garage room because there were so many at the top of the Clean Room page

Leaving them in the Clean Room is definately a more visible place for them , you'd have to ask him why he put things that are up for auction in a room that is for selling stuff :roll:

But be it The Clean Room or The Garage Room (aka MBay) Either way , there are going to be a few crusty old women complaining that it doesnt suit their special needs

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I currently do not post much because of stuff but am more than happy to click an extra link for a good deal

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Why people don't use the "View new posts" link that turns the whole board into one room is beyond me.

thats the only one I use..to hell with bopping from room to room......makes the board 10 times easier to manage.....

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mikey P said:
[quote="Ken Snow":2x2sg7cl]Yep, or just let it roll- starting at a high % of value (especially if inflated retail- don't know if that is so) just frustrates bidders. The whole purpose is the fun of getting people involved which in the long run tends to make more money. The most successful auctions have very low opening bids.

Starting bid prices should be in my opinion 10-25% of true selling value i.e. if something retails for $499 but is typically sold for $399 bid pricing would start somewhere between $40-$100.

Ken

No inflated retail Ken I try and find the lowest drop shippers price the MB broke dicks could squeeze out of the net.

It's been the trend for winners to save 10 to 20 bucks on a case of juice AND the cost of shipping (Masterblend to Able's garage would cost $36)

If that aint good enough than Able can continue to support *** with his purchases.

Figure out what you can save here-http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/index.html?WT.svl=PriNav

The point of these auction is for advertisers to pay their banner or MF bill. While the exposure is good, losing money on the transactions isn't the point. Obviously they want the items to sell for at least what they have into it other wise they would just pay me with a check.
Auctions dont always work in their favor.
Look at the HOSS auction, it starts at $1000 off retail and two posts later a dick like Vince comes in and rips Interlink.
I'm sure they were thrilled.[/quote:2x2sg7cl]

The truth will set you free.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom