Mikey Juice...

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Taf told me.

Ill let you egg heads argue about what causes brass corrosion. .

There is no argument, in matters of fact. Arguments exist only in matters of opinion. Just Google the three words; "Sodium Metasilicate Corrosion". You will see most, if not all, the hits describe the anti-corrosion properties of Metso as used in cleaning products. Silicates are used in most every cleaning formulation where equipment has reactive metals to be guarded, and pH is desired to be alkaline. It is even in most laundry detergents, to protect your washing machine's parts.

Anyone who seriously purported that Sodium Metasilicate is not used because it "causes corrosion", is by no means a credible person to be speaking on the relative merits of components in a cleaning formulation. The reason it may not be used is because of its buffered pH, or solubility, pH not being related to corrosion in this case.

He was either misunderstood, dead wrong, or can be forgiven for being just a salesman.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I need ten people to give this unique new product a good testing as a (mild) pre spray and or rinse.

If you are interested in a neutral pH powdered, phosphate free, oxygen loaded, water softener, descaler, redwood forest fragrance, no sodium metasilicate (corrosive) instant mixing, non residual product and want to help fine tune this, add your name to this thread along with a convincing reason you are interested in a cleaning agent of this sort.

it is NOT a grease pit silver bullet nor is it a slurry type emulsifier to clean buffets.
Put me on the list of interested users. I don't need a freebie; tell me the price and I'll test it. There are many jobs I do that are just area rugs and furniture where the Air Hog plus hooked to customer hot water is all I need. This sounds like an excellent powdered product to have that is oblivious to freeze thaw issues.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mike will this product do anything for urine dwellings? I shoulda named me comp UrineSteam. Lol life is good if blower exhaust is wee wee fragrant. Let me know I have a lot of repeat pet owners.

Mikey P

Administrator
PM Mr your address Art.

Too soon to say Brad but I would think so

Forsythe, in your what is the corrosive ingredient in Soap Free? The sodium percarbonate or the stpp?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Forsythe, in your what is the corrosive ingredient in Soap Free? The sodium percarbonate or the stpp?

The Sodium Percarbonate, and to a lesser extent the STPP. If not for the addition of a chemical component to act specifically as corrosion inhibitor to the formulation, these would present a problem. This, amongst other things, is what sets Masterblend's product apart from some of the other surfactant free cleaning chemicals. We used to use a dinonylnaphthalenesulfonic acid based inhibitor for products needing a corrosion protector, that needed to be less alkaline by design (5th Gen Nylon and Natural fiber compatible).

Name
Shawn Forsythe
There are lots of forms of "powdered peroxide" are some less corrosive than others?

I suppose.Sodium Percarbonate is so unstable, releasing its oxygen with little to catalyze it. I have seen less using Sodium Perborate. Then again, perborate is much more temp stable. It takes 140 degrees F to really get perborate to effervesce.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
used it on 3 jobs today..

So nice to add a mix to the chem jug and not have suds boiling all over. No bubbles or foam at all.

No issues or concerns to day.

Taf's chemist got back to me and says their SP is zinc coated (unlike other's) and along with the low pH there is no concern about this stuff being harsh on brass.

We'll see

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
After All this testing for all these years by Mikey, I want to order a couple of cases ASAP.

CAn I post my cc info here and just expect to recieve some Mikey juice?

Mikey P

Administrator
Art and Marty, you should get your test samples on Monday or Tuesday.

I sent you some of mine and it cost $36 to ship so please use it all.

12 ounces in your five gallon mix jugs for rinse.

If you want to try it as a pre spray use 2 ounces per gallon rtu

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah..I thought it would be too tame but my kid went for it and was really impressed..

There is very little degreaser ability keep in mind. .

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty and Art, how goes it?

I need three more willing and able testers . Please PM me your shipping info. "Send me some" just don't cut it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Weak as a prespray, and just how do you tell if it's a good rinse, or not?

Mixes well (fantastic visual).
Smells ok ... but not as good as Ultra Rinse

I would purchase it over DFC 105, which is what I have been using.

Mikey P

Administrator
The only way to tell if a rinse is really doing it's job is either stopping by to take a peak and fell or wait till the next visit...or a complaint gawd forbid..

I would ask the testers to use this stuff on any two part jobs they may have.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
ill take some to try as a rinse. I wouldn't be interested as a pre-spray but I am actually looking to change rinses. It seems we spend too much time dealing with the powdered rinses that i use now and I would like one that really did dissolve in water like you say. I was looking at liquid rinses for this exact reason. If you don't have my address pm me and I will give it to you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom