Mikey Juice...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I used it to clean 750 chairs on Monday. It was a grueling job and I was spraying (and inhaling) the product for about twelve hours:neutral:. It was an effective and pleasant smelling prespray. Used about five gallons of prespray in trigger sprayers which came to about 15 oz of the powder used on the whole job. It doesn't feel soapy like a regular prespray but it broke up most of the spots without too much use of stronger chemicalsView attachment 2806

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Art you are a stud!

I'd have sent 6 guys to do that many chairs. We'd have run 4-tools and the other two guys moving the chairs to the guys extracting, prepping and doing a final wiping down of them.

and worst of all it would have taken them all day with (6) tech's. :eekk:

30 per hour x 4 = 120 an hour
750/120= 6.25 plus portal to portal, setup & tear down. 8-hour day. :redface:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Art you are a stud!

And a specimen.
0.96 minutes per chair including separating from pile, cleaning and re-stacking.
Art is what we all aspire to be, cleaning efficiency wise, yet dare not dream big enough :winky:.

P.S. Like the picture of the first man on the moon question- Since Art is rumored to be a lone wolf cleaner, who's always taking all these pictures of our efficiency guru at work? :eekk:

Second P.S. Take note Mike. We want an Art Efficiency Class at Mikey's Fest-13 (or whatever the count is. Who can keep track, they are like jack rabbits).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The chairs are just three flats and no arms, so of all chairs those are going to be the easiest. A minute a chair, sure if they aren't too soiled and if you have the strength and stamina for the duration.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
O.K. Richard,
You give a theoretical efficiency class at MF.
What shall we name it? :winky:

And please notice Mr. Chavez, (see picture above), upholstery cleaning gurus, like Art and in general cleaning studs use the PMF tool !!!

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Thank the LBJ Art did use soilsNoils, he'd still be on chair #26..:stir:

Great feed back Art!

So what sort of spots needed post spotting?
You used it as a PS and you rinse?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
You didn't really use trigger sprayers to precondition 750 chairs?
When I first cleaned these chairs about 25 years ago they were really bad and we used a freekin hydroforce sprayer, 2 five gallon buckets of ever changing solution and a big fat brush and a stair tool to rinse and a three man team. After 25 annual cleanings they're in pretty good shape and I just need to apply a mist of cleaner and hit the spots with a brush and steam with the triggerless continuous-flow PMF tool. The guys would bitch and moan about how much work it was even though I paid them handsomely so I figgered I could bitch and moan and just do it myself and keep the money.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I just want to add, for all the TM purists here, this was job was done with my Air Hog Plus porty for vacuum and the hot tap from the sink hooked to my continous flow PMF tool. It turns out that the porty is faster and easier to use on such a large job than my TM which I would have to fill and empty the tanks. On a 12 hour job that gets old. The porty was just on vaccing and dumping continously all those hours. So there.
View attachment 2817View attachment 2816

Reactions: Willy P

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Fill and empty the tanks on a TM?

Hello?

Is this 1975 all over again?
You are, of course correct about that, though I've never had an APO on the TM and my fresh tank float shut-off doesn't always work. But still, isn't it cool (literally) to be able to not use the TM for 12 hours with all the gas and wear and tear on the van on a hot summer day, and use free utilities? In this same synagogue I've been able to use the porty on two lightly soiled 10000 sq foot areas these past couple of days. I will finish tonight in a heavily soiled breakfast room and their offices using the 360i and the porty. I used the TM to blast through some offices there yesterday but today it will just be a transport unit.

hogjowl

Idiot™
OK, I've been using this stuff as a rinse for about a week now, and I finally had to stop today. The fiz is killing my solution draw.

It's ok as a prespray, on lightly soiled carpets, but who has lightly soiled carpets on enough jobs to warrant keeping this stuff on hand?

Thanks, but I have never been able to utilize an oxygenated product as a rinse. I don't know why I thought this one would be any different?

Mikey P

Administrator
Does your TM use a prochem style chemical pump?

Both our units have siphon systems and we are not having any issues with bubbles.

So you don't use a low ph/mild prespray on lightly soiled carpet?
Half our jobs at least our lightly soiled or better.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have no idea what kind of chemical pump I have, or how it compares to what Prochem uses. (Nor do I care what operating system I have.)

I will switch out to using Cobb's Stain Resist Powder today to see if the issues go away.

No, I don't use a different prespray on lightly soiled carpets. I just continue to use PowerMax, but at a lower dilution ratio. No sense in carrying two or three different things on the van when one will do.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not a operating system, a browser.

You really should know if you have a chemical pump, especially if its the common type that blows its diaphragm if you use it at over 700 psi

Treating your tidy clients carpets with heavy residual presprays isnt showing them or their belongings the respect they deserve imo.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not a operating system, a browser.

You really should know if you have a chemical pump, especially if its the common type that blows its diaphragm if you use it at over 700 psi

Treating your tidy clients carpets with heavy duty harsh presprays isnt showing them or their belongings the respect they deserve imo.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I seriously don't seen how Cobb's powermax or stain resist powder could be considered "heavy duty" or "harsh", but I can understand the marketing angle you are playing.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Sample Received : )

Mix ya up a Qt spotter bottle of it, use Hot water.
That was Bad ass !!! No wonder its called magic potion : )

I like the smell, fruity pebbles. wife didn't seem to care for it though.

Will commence to rinse first of the week.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Found a unit to test in : )
Cleaned this exact unit 2 months ago an look how they left it. Sheesh

Should be in it to clean again, later this week.

e5adyhej.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom