Minneapolis Mikey's Fest Updates

Mikey P

Administrator
What I got so far...

August 22- Class/session day. Jim Pemberton Emcee, speakers to include, Jim, Saiger, Vawter, lots more. Barker Hammer Interlink location

August 23 - RMH cleaning-80k sf of carpet, tile, wood, LVP, rugs and upholstery

August 24 and 25th, any additional cleaning at the RMH and ..

most likely, Jim's 2 day Fabric Pro Class @ BH-ILS (15 students max)
MB'rs get 1st dibs on this class so rsvp here...

and reserve your hotel HERE

Likely vendors

Legends SS/PC
Hydramaster
Butler
Aerotech
Carpet Cleaner America
Stone Pro
Harvard
Rotavac
Seal A Door
Devastator
Zipper
Contec

more to come..

Minneapolis Mikey's Fest Schedule:

Main Class Room-

8AM: Opening Ceremonies with Mike Pailliotet and Jim Pemberton
We’ll be discussing the day’s schedule as well as our game plan for the RMH Cleaning.

8:30 to 9:00 -Mark Saiger’s secrets to a well ran family operated Mom and Pop
cleaning business.
It’s not everyone who will tell you without hesitation, all that it took to make them a success. Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to learn from Mark’s successes and failures as a multi generation cleaning nerd family member. If your goal is to keep your cleaning business small, efficient and profitable, come learn from the master! Brothers Kirk and Dave will be on hand to share as well.

10 :00 to 11:00 -Sam Robinson, world leading expert on Customer Relationship Management software.
If you’re still running your business out of a notebook and a floppy disc, it’s time to jump into the next century and learn about the multitudes of software options and how to best use built in, virtually free features to make your phone ring with loyal happy clients.

12:pm -Catered lunch

1:00-2pm Chandler Thompson, not your everyday joe.
Much like Mark Saiger but in the super crowded, hyper competitive market of Atlanta, learn from a super star how he rose above the masses of mundane cleaners and became the go to guy for the elite homeowners in his area. A rare opportunity to learn from a millennial cleaner killing it in the trenches TODAY and not twenty years ago.

2:00-3:00 Ryan Kettering, the man on the scene.
If there is a more in touch graphics designer for our industry, I dare you to find him. Ryan is going to tell you how plug your leaky bucket, quit loosing your valued customers by creating a better in home and online experience for your happy and loyal customer.

5:30– until he passes out, The one and only Bob Vawter,
Detroit’s most infamous Owner Operator spills his guts about his crazy life of outlaw bikers, hot tubs filled with girls, drag racing, cigarette boats, the Purple Flame and how he made and lost a fortune cleaning carpet with a $49 job average.

______

Mechanic’s Bay Class Room-

9am-11:00 Jim Pemberton’s Speed Cleaning—Quick and easy upholstery cleaning demonstration
It’s all hands on deck as we learn handy techniques to improve the appearance of synthetic upholstery in minutes. Using encapsulation and other low moisture tricks along with your truck mount, you’ll be able to keep your customers who are on a tight budget, happy and loyal while adding to your bottom line every day. Great knowledge for your commissioned technicians who rely on upselling to earn a living wage. You’ll be able to practice these skills at the RMH on Thursday on over 60 pieces of upholstery.

11am to 1:00pm– Robert Atlas –Quick and easy carpet repair skills.
Every cleaner should know how to fasten down loose steps, patch small burns, fix an open seam or repair a damaged transition area. With a few inexpensive tools and some basic training and knowledge you and your techs can be keeping your clients happy and loyal. (notice a theme here?) Rob has trained hundreds of carpet cleaners across the country these skills as well as how to generate 1000’s of online reviews for your services. Bring band aids and a notebook

1pm to 3pm– Rob Fairfield from Stone Pro -Quick and easy counter top maintenance
Nothing makes a client happier and more loyal than if you can restore, clean and seal their granite, tile or synthetic countertops after you’re done with their carpet. By the time we’re finished with the RMH’s 475 feel of counters, you’ll be an expert in hard water deposit removal, deep cleaning, polishing and re-caulking. Practice your skills with Rob in this down and dirty session. Don’t wear nice clothes, or bring an apron.

3pm to 4pm- Mike Pailliotet, Contec’s Ann Heinke Bedwell and Mark Saiger– Quick and ridiculously easy tile, stone and LVP cleaning and sealing.
If you want happy and loyal clients you better figure out how to clean and seal their hard surface flooring for the same price you clean their carpets for.. As carpet continues to decline in popularity NOW is the time to learn how to speed up your processes. Practice for the acres of flooring at the RMH with new equipment and chemicals designed just for this purpose.

* expect a change or addition two..

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Wolf TM are they out of Vegas?

AND WHILE YOU'RE UP THERE I WANT ALL OF YOU CARPET CLEANERS TO DO A PROTEST MARCH!

" CARPET CLEANER'S LIVES MATTER TOO!"

Don't confuse this march with others such as , Women's rights, Lesbo Rights, Gays for guns, Illegal immigrant parents for illegal children rights, White lives matter, Dog owners rights to take them on airplanes, Doing FREE work for large corporations, Right to eat animals among other stupid causes.

Reactions: Willy P

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Is Minneapolis worth visiting? (thats a serious question not mocking anyone)
I was planning on tripping around USA back in september but didnt end up going to plan. August is still my sloow season I could call it a work trip and let my biz pay for it

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Is Minneapolis worth visiting? (thats a serious question not mocking anyone)
I was planning on tripping around USA back in september but didnt end up going to plan. August is still my sloow season I could call it a work trip and let my biz pay for it

Yes! Lots to do in the area and just a few hours (heck even minute) in any direction can be out camping in some pretty cool resorts or State Campgrounds.

Minneapolis area just in itself loaded with things to do.

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
@Jim Pemberton's class...

Well you all better jump on this opportunity!
I am looking at 3 of us from my crew,
probably both my brothers,

probably friend Brian Andring

and quite possibly 3 other family members from North Dakota and South Dakota....

Class half full get on board people.

This is going to be a real rare opportunity with Jim Pemberton!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey...i can see here where you gotta give me more time...
i'm gonna need a Q&A time at the end!

every one except Jim P....i can't keep up wit him.......!!

Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Although I've only spoken one time to a large group of people. ...it was at my best friends memorial .....my jokes about our good times seemed to go over well considering the event.

However.....this event should be more exciting. ..unless someone dies....!

And i sincerely hope it ain't me....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey listen here...most likely i was scoop shovelin enzymes and filler mix before most of yous was a glimmer in yor daddy's eye....

randy

Name
Randy
Mikey listen here...most likely i was scoop shovelin enzymes and filler mix before most of yous was a glimmer in yor daddy's eye....

Translation: Respect you elders, bitch.
Even if they were nuts enough to get into a car with Gene Bates.

randy

Name
Randy
Once, he scared the hell out of me. I think he thought this black lady standing near me was my wife. Then again maybe he was pissed because I cracked on the dome on my d-84
I met Bill Bane at the same event. Two very different and interesting men.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Then again maybe he was pissed because I cracked on the dome on my d-84

ya ..i bought an extra dome cuz i was sure that it would crack.....
fortunately i was wrong and had that spare dome sitting around for over twenty years

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
the only bad part of that machine were them damn Johnson float controls in the waste tank....

whoulda thunk...automatic pump out back in the 70s

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I met Bill Bane at the same event. Two very different and interesting men.

I would concur.

Our industry at the time was lead by such men. Looking back, I don't know where our industry would be today without some of those brilliant, visionary, and in more than a few cases insane, men.

I'm looking forward to seeing you again in Minnesota, Bob.

Its been too long.

Reactions: bob vawter

Mikey P

Administrator
123_1.jpeg

Reactions: darcie smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom