Mrs Wagner...question.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
The only motivation I see for Lisa W is the IICRC and CRI cronyism of their association and what it CAN do to the industry. The executive board needs to lose its "benefits and perks" that it has got for years. New blood, Non self serving people. Good ole boy networks grease the wheels for each other. She has seen it I am sure first hand and is afraid it has finally gone to far with these money making entities joining up. I COULD BE WRONG. I met Lisa in 1998 or so when she was involved with CFI and found her to be interested in helping people and the industry NOt line her pockets. She went to work with Joe for profit? Sure why not we all need to make money and get some satisfaction. Joes stuff aint for everyone. She still helps folks everyday for nothing and yes she sells stuff too, just part of her job. :roll:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
To sum this up and through the authority bestowed upon me from Rome:
From now on I would like the gentlemen of this board to refer to her as "Saint Lisa Of the BDCC"
The patron saint of the dejected,suspicious, semi paranoid, down right horny and still pushing a wand to make a dang living, carpet cleaner.

There will be no compromise.

Violate this at your own risk.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Yes your Wholiness

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

PS ::: "down right horny", I like that. :oops:

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got back from 1000 mile bike ride.

I missed some good stuff from the looks of it. :shock:

I"m gonna say this.

The Founding Fathers of this board were as skeptical and put off by Lisa W/Joe P as any of you members were in the past. She certainly took some heat
(I like coming here - I think you guys are a lot of fun. And this forum definitely does not get as negative as some of the others ... especially Mikey's board which just reeks of losers whenever I pop over there, it reminds me of my grandmother who only talks about what hurts and who's died and why the world is so horrible today and whenever you share good news she says "it won't last" ... yeah, that kind of energy suck simply sucks.
and felt the vibes~~~~~~ But..

like Tony said..
People, boards, organizations, societies and even proven nim-rodded idiots like Cooper can and do change from time to time.

I say we judge all involved here in this thread on their current actions and move on.

Getting to know one another by judging their online personalities is, has and will be just plain dangerous to everyone's well being.

All the more reason for ALL of you to make it the the next Mikefest.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey P said:
I just got back from 1000 mile bike ride.

I missed some good stuff from the looks of it. :shock:

I"m gonna say this.

The Founding Fathers of this board were as skeptical and put off by Lisa W/Joe P as any of you members were in the past. She certainly took some heat
(I like coming here - I think you guys are a lot of fun. And this forum definitely does not get as negative as some of the others ... especially Mikey's board which just reeks of losers whenever I pop over there, it reminds me of my grandmother who only talks about what hurts and who's died and why the world is so horrible today and whenever you share good news she says "it won't last" ... yeah, that kind of energy suck simply sucks.
and felt the vibes~~~~~~ But..

like Tony said..
People, boards, organizations, societies and even proven nim-rodded idiots like Cooper can and do change from time to time.

I say we base our opinions on all involved here in this thread on their current actions and move on.

Getting to know one another by judging their online personalities is, has and will be just plain dangerous to everyone's well being.

All the more reason for ALL of you to make it the the next Mikefest.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I have to disagree with you guys that think she is doing it for personal gain. I think some more of the highly respected people in IICRC know of Lisa's opinion when it comes to the CRI/SOA. They know she has a voice and better relationship with the cleaners than they do. The IICRC and CRI need to see the opinion of the cleaners in this matter, and their disapproval for such a program. Lisa is the perfect voice for the cleaner. I don't like her Joe Polish promotions(when they were overwhelming on ICS and other BB's) anymore than you guys do. She doesn't have a lot to gain(financial) from standing on her soap box and speaking out. She is a good enough marketer to hook whoever is willing to be hooked to buy her services without having to use this subject as a cast into the pond. She may get a few people purchase from her, but its not going to be anything to shout home about. I think she is genuine in her cause for speaking out, and again I think some person(s) asked her for the help(that is only speculation, I'm more than like wrong, but would make sense). From what I know it is helping, and I'll be interest to see what comes of it.

On the same hand if we're to voice our opinions, and the IICRC does decide to listen to us, and fight for us in this matter(as they should). They need to also listen to us on what we want from them as far as training is concerned. I know a lot of work goes into training and standards writing, but I think the desire to pursue training from them has either plateaued, or even declined(more likely the latter). They need something new, and need to take the politics out of it, and it would be far more enjoying and have more value to us cleaners. Nobody wants to highlight information in a book and take a test. Maybe if you're a newbie and learning this stuff the first time around, but to gain any interest in the people that have been doing this for a while, they need to take it step up. I think the information they provide and teach is great, and is a good guideline, but it apparent that its lost value with the seasoned veterans. They need to provide MORE hands on training, that is the biggest complaint that there is never enough.

dan mabes

A question Lisa W asked in this thread is

"Okay then... to all of YOU here... if YOU were to design your own referral program, ala SOA (at least the "idea" of it...) or ala Ethical Services, what would YOU make the requirements be?
Seriously. IICRC certified? Bonded? Certain equipment? Fair wages? Guarantees?
Pretend CRI comes to YOU with their tail between their legs... what is YOUR solution?
Eventually they are going to have to ask... so we might as well begin crafting what that would look like. Why not do it here on MB. Since you think all the other systems stink... what would you do instead?

Lisa"

I compiled a list of the responses and they are

1. Add oily stick components to the soils, or make 3 samples with different soil compositions
2. Continued testing of cleaning but with real old and oily dirt on old worn out carpet.
3. Chemical testing: efficacy, ph.
4. Drop the equipment altogether and simply require some basic specs.
5. Machines that meet minimum requirements for: psi, gpm, temperature, cfm.
6. Heat, Vacuum, and Pressure should be measured at the end of the wand, not by the manufacturer specs.
7. Standards and Programs that are helpful and relevant.
8. Trade associations that represent cleaners
9. Expansion of the IICRC mission to include advocating to the industry, not just cleaners; protecting the interest of owner/operators
10. Why are we letting someone that doesn’t know cleaning tell the cleaner how to clean?
11. Training and experience are critical, not just for cleaners but also for installers, sales people and specifiers.
12. Training with a higher pass rate and more hands on.
13. Any testing being done should be approved by ASTM
14. The IICRC Board needs to lose its “benefits and perks”.
15. New blood is needed on the IICRC, eliminating the “good old boy network”.

These comments/suggestions were made by: “brucedeloatch”; “ truckmount girl”; “Doc Holliday”; “Ryan”; “harryhides”; “Jay DeLaughter”; “James Cooper”; “Steven Hoodlebrink”.

Dan M

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom