Must A Top 25er Have A Rotary Extractor?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
In the last month Ive had Martin, Draper, Brevick, CU, Mikey P,Feehan Brothers, Studdebakker, Snow, Cox,Forest all send me private messages trying to tell me its mandatory to have a Rotary Extractor to be Ranked In The Top 25. What do you guys think? I have some QUALITY cleaners still using Old School methods with a 175 Pre-Scrub and Wand Flush. Is it time for these guys to go and open the rankings for the New Hip Hop Generation of Cleaners?

Golden Boy

Becker

Name
Becker
Required? No...

I recently had someone offering to buy or trade my RX-20. Heck no, that would be like a rancher getting rid of his best horse, but can one be a top rancher with out a horse, sure... Those side by side ATVs are pretty sweet.

It is not about what you use to do the job, it is the job you do.

Reactions: GCCLee

Mike Draper

I havent sent any one a message saying anything you quoted in your post. I do what works for me. I prefer the other guys not get one, then I can keep wowing my clients.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ok I have a RX20 do I use it is another question. Because now some knucklehead will buy one and say I have one move me to the top

Cough cough Extreme cough.

just sayin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Only 25 ?

It'll be a flush until I hit the top 5 or so......:p

Name
Shawn Forsythe
First, Waldo ditches MF, even though he says he was in Vegas at the time.

Then he makes up some weak PM story, to try and salvage some integrity.

Hey Waldo, your best days are too far behind to be pontificating any further. Its time for you to retire from the top-25 list committee, along with your credibility.

I call for a vote of no-confidence, and subsequent nominations for a successor. Don't worry, maybe we'll still call it "Waldo's List", just to be goofy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Royal Man

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Long as my clients say I'm the best. That is the only list I need. They know my work better than Waldo knows any of the cleaners on his psudo list.

F

FB7777

The real hoot for me is that I am the one that sent Waldo the PM reply about the rotary extractor requirement after he PMd me about asking which Extractor tool he should buy

Not sure why he was protecting my identity

And before anyone gets in a twist about rotary extraction and whether or not it makes you a Top 25, it was just a jab at Waldope and his list

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you were to clean a section of carpet using a high flow wand side by side with a rotary extractor, would you be able to tell that one side was cleaner than the other?

Or would it only be the swirl marks that gave it away?

Reactions: Ken Snow

hogjowl

Idiot™
Please pardon me for doubting your "fact"s until I have had time to determine if this is simply another of your Vortex world visions, or if it has any basis in reality.

I suspect that your customer wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Nor will she make a habit of getting down on her hands and knees on wet carpet to check.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Having cleaned thousands and thousands of carpets with both wands and RX-20's I will back up Mikey's fact that rotary extractors remove more soil than wands. Plus it will take a lot less sweat to do it. Whether you have a Vortex or small TM this would hold true.

Reactions: FB7777

Mikey P

Administrator
I can tell the difference.

and that is what matter in the eyes of God when he will be telling me which tunnel to walk down.

which tunnel do you want to take the eternal plunge into Mert?

I plan on joining the final party with fellow like minded cleaners downing fine whiskey and ales while telling stories of just how clean we got Mrs Piftelton's shag while virgin maidens peel our grapes.

but somehow I see you in the ditch with all the franchise hacks and Cole sub contractors drinking and eating out of slop buckets while Satan dumps endless vacuum bags of sand and NASA dirt over you for your sins.

Reactions: GCCLee

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suspect this discussion will forever be closely akin to those discussions over the difference between an OP machine and a CRB.

While it makes intuitive sense that a rotary extractor SHOULD be able to clean a section of carpet better than a single pass wander can, there are too many variables to consider to make a firm determination.

As is always the case, the real result depends on who it is that has his or her hands on the tool in question.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have one and only one question for you, Sinner...

have you ever used a rotary extractor other than at a CAD or fest?

find a retailer that will lend you one to test and I promise you a life time Supportive Membership here that YOU will know the difference one can make.

whether or not you feel the need to offer the superior cleaning to your customers is for you and your gawd to decide.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Waldo, you and I have spoken for hours on end about the merits of rotary vs. non rotary cleaning. I think my perennial spot in the top 25 is secured because of the simple fact I DO NOT use a rotary and still get the amazing results I do. (along with the fact that when Dirk and I take our show on the road there is no one more fun to hang with)

hogjowl

Idiot™
I demo'd a 360i for a week and sent it back with a NO THANK YOU note.

Too slow, left the carpet too wet and I could see no visual difference in the carpets appearance over the wand.

Don't forget the multi-directional vacuuming step as you formulate your newest wasted effort system for OCD carpet cleaners.

You certainly don't want to leave a step out, now do you?

Mikey P

Administrator
I heard from one of Waldo's test homes that you and Dirk don't perform dry strokes.

are you friggin kidding me Johnson?

perhaps selling life insurance IS your destiny.

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
Like my Grandpa always told my Bro and I " When in doubt, Whip it out ". Thats how I use my RX 20. LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom