My 2002 white magic

steve_64

Since I bought the van there has been a slip in the transmission when I out it in reverse. Had the trans flushed last week and boy what a difference it made. No slip in reverse and smoother shifting in drive. RPMs seem quite a bit lower now too.

Now to figure out this knock or rattle. I was told it may be the power steering pump or something like that.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hope you changed the trans filter and filled with synthetic

steve_64

I'm using a local shop and we discussed the filter change but not type of fluid. I trust him to use what's right.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

IT'S THE STARTER...NEEDS A SHIM.......
I fixed that already!
Started leaking coolant Friday, looks like the radiator. Went to AutoZone to get alumiseal and my driver door fell off when I closed it lol. Door oin came out. This thing is getting scary again.

steve_64

Got the butler lettered today! Maybe I'll start using it next week. Ran the WM about 7hours today. It's going to be hard to give up. Already thinking about the next TM.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
stuck blower....fill wit clear warm water and let sit for one half hour
WD will jus gum it up more....WD mean water displacement not rust buster
That's what I was saying if you read the post. If you get water in there, spray with WD40 to displace the water before the blower gets stuck.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
That's what I was saying if you read the post. If you get water in there, spray with WD40 to displace the water before the blower gets stuck.

nooooo...once the blower gets stuck for what ever reason
fill with warm water for a short while...
why you riding around wit a full waste tank.....any way?

then after it unfreezes run it for fi min and finish wit a small squirt of wd

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
nooooo...once the blower gets stuck for what ever reason
fill with warm water for a short while...
why you riding around wit a full waste tank.....any way?

then after it unfreezes run it for fi min and finish wit a small squirt of wd
I think that's what I said. Before the blower gets stuck, spray wd40 to displace the water. I spray wd40 at the end of the day, then let the blower run to burn it off.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You're going to hurt yourself Bob, were talking about 2 different things. You're right about stuck blowers, I'm trying to say how not to get them stuck in the first place. Need some aspirin?

steve_64

KIMG0836.jpg
im pretty happy with how it turned out. Time to put it into action.

steve_64

Nice Steve. I recently purchased two Butler units a 2007 & 08. Presently in maintenance discovery process on the 2008. All the pieces are there, 230kms and 4600 hrs.
So far mines just been learning a new machine and set up. I'm still going back and forth on if I change the hose set up from 2 in to a 50 ft inch and a half whip with the single jet 1.5 in wand or go 2 inch all the way like I do now with the WM.

Running g the whip and smaller wand sure is a lot easier on the body.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use 15 feet of 1.5 inch hose. Makes stair cleaning a breeze. I go back and forth from my 2 inch westpak to my 1.5 inch mach 12 depending on the situation. I used my mach 12 today as I was switching to edging and stair tools frequently.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I usually get 'buyer's remorse' when i get into the used/abused TMs that i buy. I can't say that about these two vans though, as they are complete but in need of a thorough going through. The pair of them, i picked up for $9cdn and i expect to spend $$ to bring them up to snuff.
From what i have determined so far, the 2008 will need front end & blower/pump belts, both speed actuators and probably the cable assembly for RPM control. The unit ran marginally when i first looked at it, so i know at least the drive shaft turns smoothly. These vans have the same speed control as my UncaErnie SteamGenie what with the stick included to bring er up to high speed.
It is a crime to see how some businesses treat their equipment.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

I wanted something I didn't have to work on so much lol. The WM kept me turning wrenches. I know it pretty well now though and the butler will be an easy transition.

steve_64

I still haven't got the butler back from Genny. Just got the durango back a few weeks ago but now we don't want to drive it.

Last month I replaced the cap rotor and distributor in the WM and it ran better for a week. Just replaced the alternator because it ran so bad in the rain wedsnday in the monsoon. Seems to be much better again. I think it even got rid of some more vibration.

I need to use the butler one of these days again to make sure its still working.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

Called butler because I've been having trouble with it starting and keeping running. The mechanic told me to check the little black box by jumping the pig tail and that was the problem.
Then I had to remember how to get the heat going but got everything running again and feeling good about getting it to work. We have a few jobs in going to b.s. taking both vans to and running both.
I'm looking forward to this and maybe hiring another person. Moving into the new building next week. Might try and buy the building too.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom