My new "POS Castex wand."

Greenie

looking at my castex wand here, how do you get a PMF V-800 valve to fit on the old Imperial bracket?

I'd just cut it off and use a feather touch and wrap around feather touch hanger as an upgrade fix.

danpauselius

I have a 3 jet Castex that came with my porty. It's pretty good given the fact that it looks like it's home-made. However, I would NEVER trade my CMP wand with the greenhorn kit for my castex (Unless of course my TM wand was broken)

hogjowl

Idiot™
As you guys grow older, and hopefully mature, you will eventually come to realize that it's not about pimping your van and having the biggest and best. It all comes down to two things.

Dollars per hour and time on the job.

If my POS Castex wand helps me generate my hourly goals with less stress on my body, then that's cool with me.

If you guys want to lug around those 2 inch wands and make your $1400 monthly TM payments, that's cool with me, too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Aboveall.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hopefully there will be a smart distributor at connections who will be displaying the full range of sizes of the POS Castex wands.

NEW WANDS! Not some beat up ones !

NEW ONES!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jimmy;

The used "hi-pressure" Castex wand I showed was just to point out some of its limitations.

It is a decent wand.

I just think there are better stainless designs.

Wands are an area where there could be some real advancements in design.

We are not there yet !

Larry Cobb

diamond brian

I have the 16" 4-jet and the 12" 3-jet Castex wands. They are very easy to use and work really well. Let's not forget they are also the sleekest looking wand on the market.

Saw a 2" Titanium Hydroforce at my distributor a few days ago. Can't imagine having to lug that silly thing around.

Rex Tyus

Who..besides JonDon sells Castex wands?

I can't find them anywhere else.

BANE-CLENE. Same head design but at least they have an 1.75" shaft. You can get generic stainless lips for them. The humidity put out by that wand is unreal. If you do get one go ahead and order some aluminum paint for it. It will look like the one Larry posted pretty quick. POS.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
holy crap people if you think the castex wand is the best thing since sliced bread, what I wanna know is what crude POS where you using before that the new castex is so superior to?? the castex looks like something made in the early 70's for the original rug doctor

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And YOU think that wands have progressed any better than the 70's?

I'm saying that the POS castex is designed better than MOST if NOT all of the other wands out there.

I actually think it was designed by an engineer who used it to clean carpet!

These other POS wands were probably thrown together by some dumb ass cubicle draftsman. Just for something to be thrown into a package deal with a TM or portable.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You wanna know what would be the BIGGEST improvement a wand manufacturer could do to improve over the design of ALL wands?

Make one that doesn't have the blow over from darn jets! You'd think some fool could design a wand that was just slightly wider than the outside edge of the spray.

Even the vastly superior Castex wand oversprays.

Really annoying.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Marty, get a TMI wand, it's a Castex design exactly, except it has splashguards. I got one with my first portable, had a matching stair tool for it too, but the ST didn't have splashguards. I was happy to trade it in for an AW29, then a titanium. I might still have it out in the garage if you want it. I'll check tonight.

Take care,
Lisa

harryhides

Name
Tony
Is it really possible to be that dumb?

Damn it Marty your two outside jets are 9502s.
Do you have any idea what those numbers mean ?

Just change them to 8502's...... but use a wrench - not your teef.

Good grief - for how many generations were you inbred, again ?

whine whine whine whine :p

danpauselius

I think that's the "Economy carpet cleaning wand for portables". I think it's in the Jon-Don catalog.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That ain't no castex for sure.

Its NOT hard to make your own splash guards out of aluminum and screw them on the sides.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Shorty Down Under said:
Wot's this ???

floorwand.gif

Cheers,

Shorty.

still way better than a castex, I have used all manner of strait tube wands and they all suck!!! to even be considered the wand must be a S bend type wand, low profile helps get under stuff, a wand with paint on it would look horrible after a trip down the road banging around,

Greenie

So what Marty really likes is the fact it's 1.5" and aluminum. No problem that's not too hard to do.
Something tells me If it was 1.75" and Titanium he might just have a new love affair.

All things are possible....and it would have splash guards on it, and a real valve.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Gee Golly I have a PMF 800 valve that does just fine.

Curious as to how much have you pushed a wand Greenie?

Greenie

"Doing the same thing wrong for 15 years is not experience.
It is practicing a bad habit.
-Rex Tyus"

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
Prodigious posting doesn't make you experienced, either.

Most Frequent Posters - Overall at ICS

Name .........Messages

Martin Sutley........ 14,721
Lee Stockwell 12,211
Frank Nihei 11,418
John Geurkink 11,316
John Nava 11,280
Gary R. Heacock 8,971
Eric Stewart 8,128

So what are you saying Marty ?

:p

Latest posts