My Sapphire tool

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
First job this morning and my Sapphire tool internal pressure hose ruptures, I called my usual Jon-Don supplier and told it's a special order piece and can take up to two weeks. My old PMF is on other truck used does anyone else know where I can get this hose faster? This is the longer hose about 6 feet long . Chime in suppliers please

Attachments

• Sapphire tool 001.JPG
    Sapphire tool 001.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 206

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can use the same one for the Prochem upholstery tool but you need a brass reducer. I've done that with a couple of our tools, think it was a couple of extra bucks at my distributor.

That's the route I'd go in the future or buy two so you have a backup.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The thing that drives me absofrigginlutely crazy is suppliers that don't stock parts. This isn't a shot at JD, but if you sell it, stock up on parts. No money is being spent at your store or your customer isn't earning any money while they sit and wait 2 flipping weeks for something that should be on the shelf. Kudos to Pemberton's for having the foresight to keep what should be a common sense product in stock.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The thing that drives me absofrigginlutely crazy is suppliers that don't stock parts. This isn't a shot at JD, but if you sell it, stock up on parts. No money is being spent at your store or your customer isn't earning any money while they sit and wait 2 flipping weeks for something that should be on the shelf. Kudos to Pemberton's for having the foresight to keep what should be a common sense product in stock.

X2........................

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Hydrolic store in my city does not have it in the size and we have no Parker store here.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its early enough in the day I'd get it coming from Jim.

There are a lot of things you could to to get by but it would involve a bunch of rigging for no real reason. Rather than goof around with it, just get the replacement.

Reactions: Travis Sonderegger

John Olson

Name
John Olson

And what do you consider a common sense part? I'm serious. We have never replaced one of these hoses. We have the ability to make one if we need to (and I do have one factory one in stock because of lockhart) but keeping what one person thinks is a common sense part compared to what you've actually sold is really subjective. Contrary to popular belief suppliers are not RICH. It cost money to keep a part on the shelf especially one that you have never sold. I have tens of thousands of dollars sitting in inventory of items that we sell maybe every 2-3 years and half that in parts we sell every 5 years and several thousands of dollars in parts we have only ever sold one of in 12 years.

No matter how much money I put into inventory instead of my savings there is ALWAYS going to be a part someone is going to break that has never or almost never broke and then it will become by some miraculous tragedy MY FAULT because I don't have it in stock and I should have looked into my crystal ball and known you where going to break it that day.

So long story short give your supplier a break. We all are trying really hard to anticipate what your going to break not only today but a week,month,year 5 years from now but we cannot foresee the future, no matter how much you think we can. :)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
2 weeks? I thought about that and wondered:
A) - is the manufacturer in rural Zimbabwe?
B)- is it being sent by a yak over mountain passes?
C)- does the supplier just not GAS about the customer?
D) -don't care about customer service?
E)-staff lacks proper training?
We're all in the customer service business where you're only as good as the service you give.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'll give you that willy it doesn't take 2 weeks to get anything :) I am wondering if someone on the phone misspoke. a week(4-5 business days) yes from Arizona to new York regular ground

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree it is too much to expect for you to stock every part, especially parts that are not commonly needed.

I am surprised that you've not replaced a solution line yet. We have (4) Sapphire tools and have replaced it on two of the tools so far. I would consider it a wear item, we've replaced it on every Prochem upholstery tool also in the decades we've cleaned with that tool.

You have a crystal ball? I have a few questions for you. ;)

Reactions: John Olson

Willy P

Name
Willy P
2 weeks is f'n ridiculous to have a part sent John. Except here- it took 3 months to get simple wand straps for the worrier sent from Calgary.
I figured out it's just easier to have triples of everything.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Here's a thought - go through all your tools and order one of everything you think might break in the next year.

Now where did I put that crystal ball......

Reactions: J Scott W

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you carry a tool or a machine..you should have at least one of everything for it..and when you use that one part..then one should be put back on stock asap....

No matter how you look at it..parts should always be available. ..

Reactions: dgardner
Name
Tom McLaughlin
Who fixes your pressure hose?

Google up "Parker Hose/ your city"

That'll work too, you've got extra hose to work with on the Sapphire Upholstery Pro tool, so no worries about exact length, they can put a new hose crimp on it.

It's rare to see that hose break but we always tell the guys to put some anti-sieze or some water proof lubrication on the hose quick disconnect that attaches it to the tool head. Doing that keeps the quick disconnect acting like a swivel inside of the tool, keeps it from binding up and stressing the hose as you move around cleaning upholstery.

I do carry that hose but it sounds like Jim Pemberton's already got you covered, order it from him if needed, I'm not stepping on Jim's toes, he's a good guy, so you should be good to go from him.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks Tom. I don't think either of us will go broke over a hose sale, but that's kind of you.

The use of the anti seize is critical Ralph. Otherwise you'll lose the next hose you order fairly soon.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If you carry a tool or a machine..you should have at least one of everything for it..and when you use that one part..then one should be put back on stock asap....

No matter how you look at it..parts should always be available. ..

Wow Jim. One of everything for every machine and tool really? Not even the manufacture has one of everything sitting on the shelf. Again not sure how much money(or space) you think suppliers or heck even manufactures have but your expectations are unrealistic based on that statement. Inventory and inventory management is an HUGE cost to a business. Counting a $10 part 3 times (3years in a row) and your now losing money on it. Now times that by 2 thousand (just a wild guess at how many MORE parts id have to have in stock just for the machines we sell or have sold and not counting the tools) and we are bankrupt just from doing inventory.

Now I absolutely agree there should be a REALISTIC expectation of service for common wear items. 2 weeks is not realistic for anything except the rarest of broken parts.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We keep a spare on hand.
Our local distributor always has a couple on hand. We just run down and pick one up.

If I didn't have a local guy, I'd probably keep at least one on hand or a *spare tool.

*Not to be confused with Marty, while he is also a spare tool I am speaking about an "Upholstery tool". :biggrin:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Our local distributor always has a couple on hand. We just run down and pick one up.

If I didn't have a local guy, I'd probably keep at least one on hand or a *spare tool.

*Not to be confused with Marty, while he is also a spare tool I am speaking about an "Upholstery tool". :biggrin:

By his spare tool - are you referring to yourself?:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom