My Sapphire tool

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you have an item that regularly breaks down, why don't YOU get a couple of spares in advance??

Then you should not have a problem if something packs up.

I always have several upholstery tools in my van, plus other spare parts that I've carried for years, just in case.

Granted, these are all small items kept in a small secure box, but they've saved my bacon more than once.

When you live a thousand or more miles from a distributor, you must think in advance for what may happen.

We cannot get a guaranteed overnight service from our nearest distributor/supplier, usually 2-3 days minimum.

Some times, when we're really unlucky, parts need to be ordered from the 'states.

Many times this will come with their next order, (to save on shipping :winky:).

:yoda:

Mikey P

Administrator
Ralph, there are three or more vendors here who could have sent you a new hose overnight.
Dangerkitty, Pemberton, Ray, maybe even Olsen..

Sapphire has these distributors in place for that very reason. They do not sell direct, nor do they monitor every thread on the internet.

I find it hilarious that Mytee tried to meddle their way into the big boy's arena by sending you their dangerous piece of junk. Send that cheese slicer back asap before your techs ruin a $5000 sofa with it. Hell, even a $150 office chair for that matter. I've seen many of those tools now, some sent to high profile dealers and cleaners for shilling proposes, tools that you'd think would have been checked for perfection..
All unusable.

Mytee will never learn. In their quest to become the low cost hero, they're going to ruin the reputation of ignorant rookies. Just imagine if a guy with just a few Angie's or Yelp's had a customer log in and rip him apart for ruining their upholstery.. It would cause irreparable damage to their young business reputation.
John may think he's being cute by ripping off designs... If you ask me he's being negligent and grossly irresponsible with his intent and his crappy production and ridiculous RnD department.

I'm a bit surprised a veteran like you didn't know better.

Let me know if you'd like me to step in and get your hose issue resolved
I'll insist that you buy two though.

You hang out on those rookie forums and this is what happens.

Last edited:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
This thread has a lot of revealed a lot of dynamics between cleaners, distributors and manufacturers. As business owners it is in our best interest to choose the people we do business with based on the service they provide to us, much the same way as our customers choose us for the level of service we provide. Over the course of 40 years, I have had manufacturers and distributors who have failed to stand behind a product. It is my responsibility to find quality suppliers who stand behind there product. The free market will determine who wins and loses in this game.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I never had many break either. The problem with that tool was once you had it apart it was never quite as good as it was before even with a new cap and gasket. I really used to love that tool. Now it seems awkward.

I loved the PC tool and Drimaster also. Those designs seems to have held up better than the Kleenrite.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I never had many break either. The problem with that tool was once you had it apart it was never quite as good as it was before even with a new cap and gasket. I really used to love that tool. Now it seems awkward.

I loved the PC tool and Drimaster also. Those designs seems to have held up better than the Kleenrite.
So...did you lose parts putting it back together?

Mikey P

Administrator
I saw Mytee has come out with the new and improved Mytee Dry 2.0 Upholstery Tool which now features and Ergo grip..

Easi_Grip_Cheese_Slice.jpg

unfortunately, they left the glide design unchanged.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So...did you lose parts putting it back together?
No but there was a lot of corrosion of the aluminum. I even had some where the screw holes dissolved down so far I couldn't use a screw back in them. One corroded so bad it left a hole all the way through. I would just buy another when they got bad. I must have went through half a dozen or more of them in the years I used them.

I was so excited when Prochem came out with their Stainless upholstery tool where the valve was on the outside not in the cleaning chamber. Then used the Drimaster for years until the Sapphire tool came out.

The rest is rock & roll history! :cool:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Similar experience with the aluminum cover and screws, replaced a few.

Funny thing is: NOBODY ever complains about the PLASTIC parts of that tool, after 35+ years. Thus I think the Sapphire tool will stand the test of time.

I feel bad for the guys who would be so helpless as to wait so long to get a repair. My little Parker store would make that hose up in just a few minutes. Likewise several of the better NAPA stores in my backwater area of Kentucky.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Similar experience with Kleenrite tools. When I upgraded to the Drimaster tools, I kept the kleenrite tools in good repair for spares. If your primary tool breaks, you always have a backup until you can repair it. There are no emergencies when YOU prepare.

Reactions: dealtimeman

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
My question is why some one from Sapphire or Jon Don responded to this considering they are here reading this ?
Ralph,
If you want to talk to me my cell is 317 201 7670. I am trying to figure out if you called a store or national. And what is your company name so we can track down who you talked to. Thanks and I apologize for your difficulty.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Ralph, there are three or more vendors here who could have sent you a new hose overnight.
Dangerkitty, Pemberton, Ray, maybe even Olsen..

Sapphire has these distributors in place for that very reason. They do not sell direct, nor do they monitor every thread on the internet.

I find it hilarious that Mytee tried to meddle their way into the big boy's arena by sending you their dangerous piece of junk. Send that cheese slicer back asap before your techs ruin a $5000 sofa with it. Hell, even a $150 office chair for that matter. I've seen many of those tools now, some sent to high profile dealers and cleaners for shilling proposes, tools that you'd think would have been checked for perfection..
All unusable.

Mytee will never learn. In their quest to become the low cost hero, they're going to ruin the reputation of ignorant rookies. Just imagine if a guy with just a few Angie's or Yelp's had a customer log in and rip him apart for ruining their upholstery.. It would cause irreparable damage to their young business reputation.
John may think he's being cute by ripping off designs... If you ask me he's being negligent and grossly irresponsible with his intent and his crappy production and ridiculous RnD department.

I'm a bit surprised a veteran like you didn't know better.

Let me know if you'd like me to step in and get your hose issue resolved
I'll insist that you buy two though.

You hang out on those rookie forums and this is what happens.
You are right Mikey and I just figured I would wait for the part and have a Maytee as a back up or use it in shop cleaning smoke damaged furniture or rug fringe but ooh well live and learn and I should know better considering I have been doing this since 1991.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom