My Sapphire tool

Name
Nate W.
I agree it is too much to expect for you to stock every part, especially parts that are not commonly needed.

I am surprised that you've not replaced a solution line yet. We have (4) Sapphire tools and have replaced it on two of the tools so far. I would consider it a wear item, we've replaced it on every Prochem upholstery tool also in the decades we've cleaned with that tool.

You have a crystal ball? I have a few questions for you. ;)

Not one, but 2..... What's your question....

And I love Murphy, like Marty he's good for nothing and always around......... :twisted:

Chavez on Nate's computer......

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It's not as unrealistic as most put it out to be...a large percentage of parts that go on these machines are interchangeable there is a ton of basic things out there that cleaners need to keep there company going...how many threads have we read in the last month alone that someone needs something basic and it is not there. ...sorry...major petpev of mine...you want us to support you...then keep the parts in stock to keep us running...not broke down for a week or 2 waiting on a part....there is no excuse for that

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
This is the second time I have replaced the line on this tool since buying it new in 2012

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It's not as unrealistic as most put it out to be...a large percentage of parts that go on these machines are interchangeable there is a ton of basic things out there that cleaners need to keep there company going...how many threads have we read in the last month alone that someone needs something basic and it is not there. ...sorry...major petpev of mine...you want us to support you...then keep the parts in stock to keep us running...not broke down for a week or 2 waiting on a part....there is no excuse for that

Jim I agree with keeping basic parts in stock but you said "If you carry a tool or a machine..you should have at least one of everything for it" that is just unrealistic and unfair. I can 100% guarantee you there is no one that has every single part for every machine/tool they have ever made in stock sitting waiting for someone to break that part.

Ill use today as an example. Just had someone call that froze their original Blueline. Both HX. $4k+retial. I have never ever had anyone freeze those 2 HX/ers but by your reasoning I should have had them sitting here for 13 years just waiting for this day. I cannot believe you would actually think that and your absolute statement was just stretched a bit.

Reactions: Shorty and Erik

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

yea that was my fault..I should have worded that one better...

Reactions: John Olson

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would imagine a supplier that's been in business very long and has appropriate experience figures out those items that commonly fail. Those are the things needed on hand.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This thread went sideways when it became about absolutes which Jim said was worded wrong. I can say that we have or can get 90% of most anything within a week and if your willing to pay for it over night. I am willing to bet the person that Ralph talked to made a mistake as I am sure Jon-Don could have had it to him next day if Ralph wanted/needed it. I am sure Billy and Steve have already passed this on and the person has already been educated. This particular part isn't something that should take a week let alone 2 so I am sure someone messed up but when people jumped on suppliers it got under my skin a little especially when the majority of cleaners don't even have a spare QD on their truck let alone a valve rebuild and heaven forbid a whole valve let alone the dozens or so other parts I THINK THEY SHOULD have at all times.

I think I can speak for the other suppliers that participate here. Most of us REALLY care about your success. Believe it or not it isn't the money because there ain't much and who in their ever loving right mind would WANT to put everything they own into a store that no one respects the prices or the work or the stress of trying to help 100's of grown men that got U's in the works and plays well section of their report cards become successful independent business owners. Heck just writing that makes me want to put 5 trucks on the road tomorrow and stop banging my head against the wall..

Then I go home and get a call at 7:00 pm from someone like Lamar Harper in Alabama that has gone from a portable to a truckmount in less then a year who will pay the extra $20 in shipping to buy from me because I answer my phone during dinner or on a Saturday while mowing the yard, then I remember why I do this, I have people that trust and count on me. Money can't buy that

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I called John one time while he was in mid air on one of his stupid parachute jumps. I needed 18 cases of booties right ways so he swooped his glider shoot over to his shop where he had called Lora and instructed her to leave them on the roof of his building.
He swooped on down and grabbed them on the first try then continued back up into the air steam all the way to Santa Cruz Ca. Where he dropped them all, very gently I might add, right into my back yard, nicely avoiding my chickens..

Luckily for him the winds changed and he was able to make it all the way back to SLC, with only a slight diversion to pick up some ammo at the Cabellas in Reno for Lora's 380.

Apparently they don't sell Ammo for feminine guns in Utah.

Great service, over the top some might say.

but he did forget my fookin Jelly Bellys, so I only left him 3 stars on Yelp.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have a bunch of spare parts probably more than most. Every hose on the machine has a duplicate. I have a complete set of seals plus an entire pump. Spare sensors, fuel injector , starter , micro switches , relays , belts even a spare computer. I have brass out the yeng yang and can repair a broken hose in the field. I even have an entire spare machine sitting at my supplier for when this one explodes. Can't get one of those quick.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a bunch of spare parts probably more than most. Every hose on the machine has a duplicate. I have a complete set of seals plus an entire pump. Spare sensors, fuel injector , starter , micro switches , relays , belts even a spare computer. I have brass out the yeng yang and can repair a broken hose in the field. I even have an entire spare machine sitting at my supplier for when this one explodes. Can't get one of those quick.

Gene

will you adopt me....???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've got 5-6k in spare parts belts, filters, screens and qd's. But since the distributor does our repairs sometimes I buy what I have here on hand.

A few months back the distributor replaced a split radiator when I had one here in the store room. :errf:

Last edited by a moderator:

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
The thing that drives me absofrigginlutely crazy is suppliers that don't stock parts. This isn't a shot at JD, but if you sell it, stock up on parts. No money is being spent at your store or your customer isn't earning any money while they sit and wait 2 flipping weeks for something that should be on the shelf. Kudos to Pemberton's for having the foresight to keep what should be a common sense product in stock.
or Distributors could learn how to drop ship. There is no reason a Manufacturer should have to put it in with "their order" to then have it sent to their main warehouse to be then dispursed to the local store who can finally ship to you.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
or Distributoissues could learn how to drop ship. There is no reason a Manufacturer should have to put it in with "their order" to then have it sent to their main warehouse to be then dispursed to the local store who can finally ship to you.
I totally agree and maybe Jon Don will see this and correct this issue. The women I was on the phone with was talking to a parts guy in the back ground and that is where she got the up to two weeks .

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
My SS tool had the same issue right out of the box. I posted on here about this and none of you batted an eye. My distributor had me a replacement overnight. Seems like on on-going problem that the manufacturer should address.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Rob sorry you had that issue but I am pretty confident in saying yours was an anomaly. That hose has been used in the prochem/butler tools for many many years with no issues so I am going to ASSume that yours was a human error issue with not crimping the ends completely and not a fault of the hose or the design of the tool.

The things Jim mentioned are good maintenance ideas that will help minimize issues of premature wear.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Should have clarified what I consider "no issues" If you can get 3 years out of a wear item then it has done it's job

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
The hose is the same style on my prochem stair tool that is 6 years old and never a issue so I don't believe the maintenance thing on my tool for one second when its the second time in 3 years.

Mikey P

Administrator
When I uses to use my PC tool full time, there was a once a year blow out at the swedge.

Looks to be the same interval with the SS.

I'm not replacing my hose with OEM, rather a hose my Parker store makes up from scratch. Teflon lined, steel braided.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom